Pettis vs Mcgregor

It must suck to watch all of Conor's fights and then annoyingly turn off your tv, sit there mad, and brew up some excuse as to why he should have loss or will loss. I'd bet if I were to search your posts you were a hugger proclaiming that Mendes would destroy McGregor at that time.
Actually I like to watch Conor fight. He's exciting to watch and the only time I rooted against him was when he fought Aldo, so a sphincter says what?

Pettis's stand up is superior to Conor's. And that is all.

By what metric? Conor has a much higher strike-based finishing rate, lands more strikes per minute, has a more diverse arsenal, is much better on the back-foot (countering), and has taken less damage on the feet in his entire MMA career relative to what Pettis absorbed against one guy (RDA).

Lol you contradicted yourself within the first sentences.. good job!

Tell me how anthony pettis is more athletic than conor? Conor has better movement, speed, power, agilty, balance.. yeah just about everything.. Clearly, your to experienced enough within athletics to understand this.. I bet your the typical american who doesnt know SHIT about athleticism. Start reading up kid, your making a fool out of yourself.

Btw, who has anthony beat thats better than jose aldo? Yeah NONE.
Really kid? I must not know shit about athletics. I guess all my years as a division 1 player must have been due to my smile. Typical Irish American who hates annoying people like you that spout off shit you hear on tuf waiting for your day to suck Conor off.

Do you think that repeating your same opinion over and over is going to solidify it as fact? The difference is between you and I that I simply disagreed I didn't need to get personal and attack all Americans. Because Americans really stink at athletics lol. GTFO

By what metric? Conor has a much higher strike-based finishing rate, lands more strikes per minute, has a more diverse arsenal, is much better on the back-foot (countering), and has taken less damage on the feet in his entire MMA career relative to what Pettis absorbed against one guy (RDA).
You also have to take into consideration the styles of fighters Conor is fighting at FW compared to a very wrestling oriented LW division. Guys like Melendez, Alvarez, RDA, Khabib have the wrestling to shut good strikers down. Even someone like Ferguson would give Conor an ugly fight. All of these are fights where Conors striking wouldn't look good. Theres a reason why Conor drains himself to FW. Now he's walking right into a LW title shot without having to deal with the type of fighters I stated above.

As far as Pettis vs Conor, if it stays standing it could go either way. Pettis' kicks would give Conor trouble, and Conor's boxing would give Pettis trouble. If Pettis plays it right and takes him down, he'll sub him easily.

Pettis's stand up is superior to Conor's. And that is all.
This is just a blatantly incorrect statement. Conor has never been close to being outstruck. Pettis has been outstruck. When Pettis can't flashy kick he looks completely lost. Conor has way more resolve and octagon IQ. It's not even close.

No but clearly you are. Even if I was to agree with you which is absurd, there's a big diifference between the Holloway now and the Halloway that fought Conor.

And there's no difference between the Conor who fought then; with a torn ACL and the Conor now... lol.

Yes because that's all he can do is strike. Go figure

This is just a blatantly incorrect statement. Conor has never been close to being outstruck. Pettis has been outstruck. When Pettis can't flashy kick he looks completely lost. Conor has way more resolve and octagon IQ. It's not even close.
Stop the madness.

I guess Bendo and Giblert didn't try to pressure him at all... :rolleyes:

Gil was doing good in the stand up. He caught Pettis with some bombs. But both Bendo and Gil tried to make the fight of a brawl against Pettis and both got caught. And Pettis didn't win the fight against Bendo in the stand up anyways. He finished him.

He still looked like shit against Eddie who didn't fight as good as Bendo and Gil.

You're insane. Pettis's striking is waaayyy more dynamic. And of course Conor doesn't go for takedowns because he's lost on the mat.

Except Dynamic Pettis has apparently left the building .. we have not seen that guy in his last two fights. Before that, I would have agreed with you 100%, but not now. I give Conor more of a chance to beat Pettis than RDA, and not just because RDA beat Pettis, but because Showtime is officially MIA until further notice.

And I am not a Conor fan for the record. I would love to see the version of Pettis that beat Hendo, destroy Conor .. I hope he comes back one day.

Nobody at 155 beats pettis in a straight standup fight, and conor doesn't have the other skills to change that.

Why would anybody have anything to do with why I think Pettis is overrated other than Pettis? Pettis can only strike. That's why I think he is overrated. And, even though it is his specialty, I think his striking is worse than mcnuggets. That is my opinion.

That's exactly my point. You brought up that you think Pettis is overrated as if that has something to do with a fight with Conor. I said, why would you bring that up when the reason why you think he's overrated doesn't favor Conor, because Conor's not a wrestler or a grappler.

And if you believe Conor's the better striker, that's your opinion. I think Pettis is clearly the better striker, and most importantly, he's not a short/small FW that's more of a grappler than a striker.

Conor has never faced a guy a striker as dynamic as Pettis, WITH his size.

Pettis is a dangerous fight, he has ways to win, but I would favour Conor about 80/20, I think he would overwhelm Pettis and take away his best weapons.

Back