Petr "No Mercy" Yan (8-1) Russian BW Prospect

Noxcho18

kb
@purple
Reaction score
I dont know if this has been shared here but former ACB Champion Petr Yan will Debut in UFC on 23rd June. He is 8-1 and has defeated top BW prospects in Russia.

His one loss was a close fight that he lost only due to a point deduction. The fight was voted "Fight of the Year" in Russia and is probably one of the most entertaining fight that year.

His last fight against Mattheus Mattos (12-1)

Last edited:
Who is he fighting?

Edit: There is no UFC event scheduled for June 28th

Everyone loves a generic Russian round here

Will this one go life and death with mid carders too?

Everyone loves a generic Russian round here

Will this one go life and death with mid carders too?
Pretty much, watch his last fight against a good striker in Mattos. He was dominant in that fight.

His last name isn't complicated enough. Definitely not jumping on the hype train.

You must have the wrong date I’m guessing
You might be right, dont know why but i got the 28th June stuck in my head :/.

Edit: Its the 23rd, got them two confused. Thanks for the correction.

His last name isn't complicated enough. Definitely not jumping on the hype train.

He has beaten guys named Magomed Magomedov so that should be enough to jump on the hype train imo.

This guy is Muay Thai base. Über flashy striker that has been working on his TDD with wrestlers in Dagestan. Has been kicking ass in ACB and been doing it in style.

Mark my words, this guy is going to be in top 10 in no time.

They could sign any and every Russian from ACB and they’ll go above .500

That bantam weight champ i forget his name is a beast I think he could hang with TJ and the top 5.

Edit:

Rustam Kerimov

Kid is an animal

Yan fights a lot like Jose Aldo with the Muay Thai, pivots and counter wrestling. He's really darn good and young too. Definitively excited to see how he does at the UFC.

This guy is Muay Thai base. Über flashy striker that has been working on his TDD with wrestlers in Dagestan. Has been kicking ass in ACB and been doing it in style.

Mark my words, this guy is going to be in top 10 in no time.

Thats what you guys said about Khabilov and Oleyinik

Its not like Khabilov and Oliynyk are bad fighters, they have had a good run in UFC(especially Khabilov). Petr Yan is a different animal though, Khabilov is primarily a wrestler and Oliynyk a grappler. Yan is good on all departments and his fights are always entertaining. I cant see him failing in UFC, i see him reaching Top 10 this year but anything can happen, its MMA after all.

I never said anything about those guys. But since you brought them up

Khabilov is a great fighter on 5 win streak. Still think he is top 10 material.

Oleynik was great but is old now. In his prime a great submission artist.. now still good but the age is taking its toll.

I visited the Tiger Muay Thai camp a couple of years back so always keep an eye out for their fighters. I believe they have signed quite a few Russians over the last couple of years. I remember Alex Volkonovski and Dan Hooker used to train there

Back