Petition to REMOVE THAT STUPID TWITTER FEED!!!!

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not all of us have the best internet connection and that bullshit bogs the speed of the site down for us. Not to mention, ffs we are already on Sherdog! Why the hell would we want to know what Sherdog is tweeting on twitter, when we're on Sherdog?

I for one would like to see that ridiculous feature be scrapped.

At the very least, don't have it on EVERY THREAD PAGE. If you really think it's necessary (it isn't) then just put it on forum main pages, and not every single page on every single thread.

I use a shitty old laptop for this kind of stuff, and the twitter thing doesn't really affect anything on my end. Those video ads on the right though, oh' my God. I pretty much have to hit the "stop" icon before they load, or else I get a 10 second delay on anything I input.

My connection is pretty high though, so it's probably just a video driver thing for me....maybe. I don't know shit about shit when it comes to this stuff.

I use a shitty old laptop for this kind of stuff, and the twitter thing doesn't really affect anything on my end. Those video ads on the right though, oh' my God. I pretty much have to hit the "stop" icon before they load, or else I get a 10 second delay on anything I input.

My connection is pretty high though, so it's probably just a video driver thing for me....maybe. I don't know shit about shit when it comes to this stuff.

Ads aren't a problem for me but I digress.

The twitter feed definitely bogs me down though. Everything on the page will load except that stupid thing, then the page freezes until that feed finally shows up. After it shows up I can move around again.

5253754506.png

I want it, and more of them, just because they bother you.

Lol I've wanted it gone for forever. Just bc I don't like the tiny box to the side.

But then I used that guys layout thing and now it just doesn't show for me so now it doesn't matter xD

Nah, I want it to stay. Often I don't want to scroll through all the bullshit threads in the heavies, so I'll just look at Sherdog's feed for some of the latest news. That's how I learned Macheetah got busted, that Hendo would be fighting Lombard, that RDA was going to be fighting Alvarez on July 7th...and that's just stuff from the last few days. I don't use the Twitter so I wouldn't actively seek out Sherdog's feed to get the news that way, but when it's right there on the screen, I'll check it out.

I brought it up to the admins, and they may be working on a setting in the CP to disable or enable certain content boxes including media and the sherdog twitter. We'll see.

I've blocked it all with adblock but of course it still leaves the empty space, so on a small laptop like mine I lose a lot of page that could be used for replies. Even an image that's 700 pixels wide is too big to display full size for me.

YcmMs1F.jpg

I brought it up to the admins, and they may be working on a setting in the CP to disable or enable certain content boxes including media and the sherdog twitter. We'll see.
yeah this is the best option, and I'd love to hide some of the top links and the banner too though I can probably do that myself, similar to how I have with other sites.

Back