Petition for Maia to hang them up

Dead Kennedy

Don't steal, the government hates competition
@Silver
Reaction score
Now only Maia would know how much longer he could possibly fight, but it’s blatantly obvious that he cannot compete with the upper echelon of the division. I have enjoyed watching his career, but I think Demian Maia should stop fighting and just hang them up and call it a career. Who else thinks that he should retire?
giphy.gif

I'm in 100%. His last 3 fights are virtually identical lol

Maia vs Silva
Maia vs Woodley
Maia vs Usman

Are my 3 most hated fights ever

It's a hard one. I really like Maia but he has no plan B and it's frustrating as hell to watch. He's at that age now where he could be a lot more selective about who he fights, if it was me I'd just stop taking fights against elite wrestlers at this point in my career.

Give him a fun fight with someone lower ranked, maybe another grappler

Maia vs Silva
Maia vs Woodley
Maia vs Usman

Are my 3 most hated fights ever
Blame his opponents. They never went for the kill. Maia was forced to create most of the action, while they specifically sought a decision victory. Maia is not responsible for creating all of the action. It's not a let me stand in front of you, and you try to catch me game. Thye have a responsibility to press for the finish.

Maia can still beat a lot of WWs. He's just not evolved enough to be a contender at this age. If he wants to keep fighting, let him fight. At least with his style he hasn't taken a ton of damage in his career.

Blame his opponents. They never went for the kill. Maia was forced to create most of the action, while they specifically sought a decision victory. Maia is not responsible for creating all of the action. It's not a let me stand in front of you, and you try to catch me game. Thye have a responsibility to press for the finish.

Lol bullshit Maia fans and that stupid ass excuse. Yes don't blame the guy who's clearly getting dominated. It's the guy clearly winning who should be desperate to throw himself right into a Maia triangle.

Lol bullshit Maia fans and that stupid ass excuse. Yes don't blame the guy who's clearly getting dominated. It's the guy clearly winning who should be desperate to throw himself right into a Maia triangle.
No one expects him to throw himself into a triangle, but if you can't step up your striking (your only real advantage) and finish an exhausted opponent who has been trying to tangle with you for five rounds, then you need a sports psychologist asap.

It's not just that Maia clips their balls when it comes to going to the ground, but he clips their balls on their feet too.

Sorry, not an impressive win for Usman. Maia was landing shots.

He has 3 more fight left on his contract. Let him go out like a true warrior.

Give him a fun fight with someone lower ranked, maybe another grappler
So u would like to watch more shitty striking matches? U know both Colby and Usman is graplers and thats why Demian couldnt graple with them? In most grapler vs grapler matches the fans are stuck watching shitty stand up... no more graplers for Maia... plz! Striker vs grapler is mos def the way to go if u want fun! :)

No one expects him to throw himself into a triangle, but if you can't step up your striking (your only real advantage) and finish an exhausted opponent who has been trying to tangle with you for five rounds, then you need a sports psychologist asap.

It's not just that Maia clips their balls when it comes to going to the ground, but he clips their balls on their feet too.

Sorry, not an impressive win for Usman. Maia was landing shots.

No one said it was impressive. Both guys looked like shit.

Literally the 2 most boring fighters in the Ufc.

On a positive note Jon Fitch and Jake Shields found it a real treat to watch.

maia seems like a good dude but he was old when he dropped to ww, still managed to go on an impressive run at the tail end of his career, earning a title shot against his worst possible goddamn match up, and overall has had four tough match ups in the last year. not a lot of luck going demian's way, but either way there can't be much left for him at his age. I just hope when he does bow out it's on his own terms.

Good night, sweet prince

idk..
he keeps winning and getting to title shot level.
nobody but marquardt finished him

Back