Perry isnt a tough puzzle to solve.

He beats the scrubs, gets exposed against the decent fighters. Another Chris Leben.

Indeed.

Still, I felt Roberts was schoolin´him b4 gettin´ reckless...
Danny is a beast
Roberts won most of the second round yeah, was a great fight and I think it says more about how good Danny is, Platinum almost had him finished a few times but he stayed in it till almost the end. I wouldn't say he was schoolin him tho but he was possibly seconds away from winning a split decision in a close fight.
He was landing a lot because Mike just kept walking him down, and I don't think he got reckless, sometimes offense is the best defense, Danny couldn't exactly back off and pick his shots when a guy is walking through them and landing on hm like a terminator cuz every time Mike got in clinch range Danny got dropped or rocked. Mike got tired in that 2nd round cuz he was looking for that finish at the end of the 1st.
Mike's come a long way since that fight and seems to know better to not empty so much of the gas tank so early now.

We don't actually know yet how technical his striking is. He's basically just playing Rock 'em-Sock 'em-Robots at this point.

He's winning fights because he can withstand punches to the face better and hit harder than the opponents he is fighting. And the opponents he has fought thus far are either willing to engage in Rock 'em Sock 'em (Ellenberger,Roberts) or did not have the defensive skill to take the fight another way (Reyes, Lim) ,OR did have the skill and will to not play Rock 'em Sock 'em (Jouban-who beat him).

In the top 10, all the fighters either have the ability to take the fight a different direction, or can play Rock 'em Sock 'em better than Perry.

Pretty much agreed on all counts. We need to see him against a top 7-10 guy next to gauge how much he has improved and see where he sits.

In my opinion Perry will get absolutely tooled by the top tier of the division if he doesn't adapt his fighting style. The way he flies about the octagon anybody with a decent level of experience and high level striking will knock him the fuck out. As soon as he fights the elite strikers of the division he will get smoked and when he fights elite wrestlers he will get taken down at will.

Perry is a tough dude with ko power. He's also fun to watch. But don't get it twisted, he's mid-tier at best..

His Sherdog fan base is mostly tongue and cheek..with a couple of delusionals..
You got us. He's just fun, not all your favorites have to be elite.

His Sherdog fan base is mostly tongue and cheek..with a couple of delusionals..

This is so true, yet there is the persistent memory that I thought the exact same thing about Connor...

I really doubt Perry is the real thing, but man was I wrong about Conner..... Who I will pay to see humbled and finished again some day I hope.

Danny is a beast
Roberts won most of the second round yeah, was a great fight and I think it says more about how good Danny is, Platinum almost had him finished a few times but he stayed in it till almost the end. I wouldn't say he was schoolin him tho but he was possibly seconds away from winning a split decision in a close fight.
He was landing a lot because Mike just kept walking him down, and I don't think he got reckless, sometimes offense is the best defense, Danny couldn't exactly back off and pick his shots when a guy is walking through them and landing on hm like a terminator cuz every time Mike got in clinch range Danny got dropped or rocked. Mike got tired in that 2nd round cuz he was looking for that finish at the end of the 1st.
Mike's come a long way since that fight and seems to know better to not empty so much of the gas tank so early now.
CuSSLO0UIAMfAdI.jpg

and Platinum was winning that 3rd round so UD 30-27, 30-27, 29-28

CuSSLO0UIAMfAdI.jpg

and Platinum was winning that 3rd round so UD 30-27, 30-27, 29-28
Cool I thought Mike got that round back at the last minute of the 2nd, never know with these judges tho

he has that phil baroni vibe where you know he's going to be fearsome early on and you have to weather the storm. would be interesting to see him in a 5 rounder and see what his cardio looks like.

Cool I thought Mike got that round back at the last minute of the 2nd, never know with these judges tho
I felt Roberts could've got round 2 as well, but many people thought he was seconds away from winning a decision and he definitely wasn't according to the judges. Danny just couldn't keep Mike off him, and every time he got hurt his legs were affected, the tool he needed to get the fuck away from the blitz attacks. He also lost every grappling exchange and took heavy damage on the bottom.

and yet Leben beat him
Leben beat a washed up post facelift Wand who was already ruined by Cro Cop, Hendo and Rampage.

That's not to say Leben couldn't catch him even in his prime, guys who hit hard always have a chance. but in reality guys like him, Phil Baroni or Mike Perry are rockem sockem robot types who will get exposed by the quality fighters more often than not.

Leben beat a washed up post facelift Wand who was already ruined by Cro Cop, Hendo and Rampage.

That's not to say Leben couldn't catch him even in his prime, guys who hit hard always have a chance. but in reality guys like him, Phil Baroni or Mike Perry are rockem sockem robot types who will get exposed by the quality fighters more often than not.
Mike Perry is already more well rounded than all those guys you just mentioned except maybe Cro Cop, his striking is light years ahead of Dan Henderson's, and he's had a pretty impressive career.

I understand without condoning the Sherdog attraction to him.

He has the douchey, narcissistic arrogance about him that young shits lap up like bitches in heat for some reason.

And like him or hate him, his fights are entertaining.

But his style of storming in and absorbing blows to get his licks in is not going to serve him well once he starts fighting the elite.

Woodley, Lawler, and and Thompson will wreck him. Maia of course would sub him. I think he would struggle mightily against the likes of RDA, Masvidal, or Cerrone. So it's hard to see who he could beat in the top 10.
I agree to an extent but Cerrone would get KTFO and I'd bet my left nut on that.

No ones hating on that, were just responding to the retards making silly claims.
But that's what we're doing...
If a puzzle was solved by only about 8% of people who tried it, would you call it difficult?

Back