Perfecting Athletes Not So Perfect?

CanMMAfan84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok admins, if this thread breaks any sort of rules, then yeah.. this is at your mercy.

So, I’m pretty sure as MMA fans, we all know about Michelle Engels and Paula Indara, who are collectively known as Perfecting Athletes, a nutritional firm whose motto is “Cutting Weight and Looking Great”. Of course, they’ve got quite the clientele, including Amanda Nunes, Chris Weidman, TJ Dillashaw and Stephen Thompson to name a few.

However, it hasn’t been smooth sailing this past year for PA, as they’ve had two ship jumpers in the form of Ray Borg and Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who’ve given them the heave-ho after botched or failed weight cuts, which leaves the question, “Are Perfecting Athletes not as perfect as they seem?”

What do you think? Gimme your thoughts.

You can be as well versed in nutrition and cutting as you like, if the body says no then the body says no.

There is no perfect method because the process varies for different people.

If you're spending days in bath salts, riding bikes in saunas wearing plastics and not drinking fluids, yet still miss the weight, you'll find the culprit in the mirror, not on the payroll.

Will take someone dying before this abhorrent practice is phased out.

You can be as well versed in nutrition and cutting as you like, if the body says no then the body says no.

If you're spending days in bath salts, riding bikes in saunas wearing plastics and not drinking fluids, yet still miss the weight, you'll find the culprit in the mirror, not on the payroll.

I dont think these people even have medical degrees like a dietitian degree or anything, im not even sure if they have a science based degree in nutrition.

I dont think these people even have medical degrees like a dietitian degree or anything, im not even sure if they have a science based degree in nutrition.
Dr. Michelle Ingles

She got her degree in... in TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine).

The only legit dr. in MMA was the guy from GSP camp i think. (Dr. John Berard)
https://tim.blog/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

The rest of guys do it on their own or use guys like:
perfecticng athletes, mike dolce, George Lockhart

Dr. Michelle Ingles

She got her degree in... in TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine).

The only legit dr. in MMA was the guy from GSP camp i think. (Dr. John Berard)
https://tim.blog/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

The rest of guys do it on their own or use guys like:
perfecticng athletes, mike dolce, George Lockhart
It amazes me that athletes havent heard of dietitians they all seem to go to nutritionists or people who have medical degrees in completely different field too dietetics.

All of these 'nutritionists' are snake oil salesmen and has been mentioned about their qualifications are bullshit.
They just push some bullshit fad diet that has no basis in science.

All of these 'nutritionists' are snake oil salesmen and has been mentioned about their qualifications are bullshit.
They just push some bullshit fad diet that has no basis in science.

Hey, my 4th cousin twice removed lost 25lbs on that diet. It must be foolproof. Shame he passed away from cancer so soon after getting his weight loss sorted.

Ricci worked with Weidman, he's an Adjunct Professor at Long Island University in Brooklyn NY, teaching graduate courses in Nutritional Biochemistry, Sports Nutrition, Exercise Phys & Cardiovascular Heath. He's wrong when he says PA took Joanna to the title, they've only worked with her since Gadelha2

Last edited:
So they were the ones who gave Nunes "sinusitus" at UFC213? :eek:

I wouldn't entrust my cut to them given their recent record.

yeah sinus issues is other words for perfecting athletes non-qualified medical advice put my body in a dangerous state that reduced my immune system and left me susceptible too infection.

Hey, my 4th cousin twice removed lost 25lbs on that diet. It must be foolproof. Shame he passed away from cancer so soon after getting his weight loss sorted.

lol yeah exactly.

In the UK

Dietitians needs real qualifications to call yourself one, it's a legally protected job title so you have to be qualified and registered.

Nutritionists I can advertise that I am one without any qualifications at all and I can suggest people eat any crazy shit I like and it's fine.

Any fighter seeing a 'Nutritionists' is pissing their money away on a loney who probably isn't doing them any good at all.

All recent weight cuts with PA were disaster.
Joanna had tough weightcut in May, then nunes at ufc 213, Ray Borg + Tony Ferguson + terrible Joanna's weightcut at UFC 217.
TJ Dillashaw changed nutrionist from PA to Sam Calavitta long time ago.

All recent weight cuts with PA were disaster.
Joanna had tough weightcut in May, then nunes at ufc 213, Ray Borg + Tony Ferguson + terrible Joanna's weightcut at UFC 217.
TJ Dillashaw changed nutrionist from PA to Sam Calavitta long time ago.
They lost "qualifications" after IV ban and USADA.
So Ferguson got bad weight cut? Any source?

all good. Pobodies nerfect , after all

Joanna chose to work with PA, despite her good pal Letourneau's terrible cut, despite her team mate Nunes dumping them, she defended them when Borg quit, she ignored the fact that Weidman and Dillashaw moved on. At the same time anyone who thinks Rose beat the best Joanna, or anywhere near the best Joanna, is delusional.

Joanna chose to work with PA, despite her good pal Letourneau's terrible cut, despite her team mate Nunes dumping them, she defended them when Borg quit, she ignored the fact that Weidman and Dillashaw moved on. At the same time anyone who thinks Rose beat the best Joanna is delusional.
everything you said is correct and joanna should take criticism but besides that PA sucks but yeah joanna is an adult and should know better, part of being a good fighter is knowing nutrition and knowing how to weight-cut, she lost that fight fair and square.

They lost "qualifications" after IV ban and USADA.
So Ferguson got bad weight cut? Any source?
He had tough one.
He looked thrilled after early weigh-in result + his interview after Kevin's problem.

He said something like:
"weigh-cut wasn't easy but i'm professional"

ok found it

that's a lot of words for someone talking out their ass

Back