Parrdon the ignorance, but why did Poatan get the blackbelt after the JH fight?

Giving him a blackbelt for a left hook knockout completely discredits Texiera MMA, Plinio Cruz his trainer, and Glover himself for tying it around his waist imo. They just told the world they're handing out belts like toys in happy meals. Such a bad look.

As you can see, that was indeed a BJJ blackbelt he was awarded. Not a kickboxing blackbelt.

>>>https://www.instagram.com/pliniocruzmma/p/C5vBIFJu87N/

Surprised this hasnt caused more controversy. What say you.

glover texeria is a vale tudo marco ruas black belt. i trust his decision to award his student of nearly 9 years a black belt. this guy trains to fight all day everday. people who work 40 hours a week get around 5 hours of training in a week if you are lucky. this guy gets 40+ a week. grappling constantly. took him 9 years. people doing it 5 hours a week usually get them in 12 years. he is putting in 8 times the work and only getting his belt 25% faster than most. at 8 times the work he should get his black belt in less than 2 years.

Last edited:
Pereira was actually planning on using his BJJ this fight but when Hill kicked him low, Alex got upset and just KO’d him.

Giving him a blackbelt for a left hook knockout completely discredits Texiera MMA, Plinio Cruz his trainer, and Glover himself for tying it around his waist imo. They just told the world they're handing out belts like toys in happy meals. Such a bad look.

As you can see, that was indeed a BJJ blackbelt he was awarded. Not a kickboxing blackbelt.

>>>https://www.instagram.com/pliniocruzmma/p/C5vBIFJu87N/

Surprised this hasnt caused more controversy. What say you.
8zkpm8xpixm91.jpg

This is why yellow belts shouldn't be able to make threads.

glover texeria is a vale tudo marco ruas black belt. i trust his decision to award his student of nearly 9 years a black belt. this guy trains to fight all day everday. people who work 40 hours a week get around 5 hours of training in a week if you are lucky. this guy gets 40+ a week. grappling constantly. took him 9 years. people doing it 5 hours a week usually get them in 12 years. he is putting in 8 times the work and only getting his belt 25% faster than most. at 8 times the work he should get his black belt in less than 2 years.

He wasn't given a black belt for the KO. He was given a black belt he was about to receive anyway, it just so happened that he KO'ed someone prior to receiving it. This has been mentioned tons of times.
I don't see how this isn't obvious to everyone.

He wasn't given a black belt for the KO. He was given a black belt he was about to receive anyway, it just so happened that he KO'ed someone prior to receiving it. This has been mentioned tons of times.
And it doesn't change the fact it being a dumb move

The point is giving it out after a KO is silly. Regardless of whether he was going to receive it anyway.

The fact that it had to be "mentionned a ton of times" is exactly why it was a dumb idea.

Yeah that was kind of weird. It's fairly obvious to anyone that he's nowhere near black belt, or even brown belt, level in BJJ.

Haven't seen it, you have a clip sir? Lol

His defensive stuff is pretty good and I remember seeing old clips of him doing Bjj and looking good

Not saying he is an oliviera or maia, but I think he is worthy of his rank, at least compared to some other high profile fighters

Poatan has only learned to pass guard and he has a black belt lol

Back