People are hyping Ngannou up too much, and doubting Overeem

HW? In terms of versatilty and power, Overeem is the best pure striker in the UFC period, with Saki and Prime Silva right behind him. With a better chin, he'd be running HW.

That said, he'd better move like his life depends on it vs Ngannou. Lots of feints, footwork and try to outpoint him for a boring decision win. He's not gonna wanna get in a dogfight with the predator at this stage in his career.

A10298E1-3C56-4137-AD45-4F340C60807B.jpeg
35368BE0-20ED-4D18-B5A4-4F87C3A99F78.jpeg
AA5D9649-2ABF-41F7-9593-7BED6F298D5B.jpeg
57F194DA-F215-472E-85CE-A0139294E7FF.png

The thing is it's HW, so even though Overeem is obviously a better and more experienced fighter, he can easily just get KOed by any random punch like anyone can be at that weight. It's not like 125 or 135 where you generally need to outclass someone over 5 rounds to win. Roidgannou just needs to channel the power of his african ancestors into one punch and it's over.

Head clean off.

tvnpzvssgm004s6tkpkb.jpg

The best striker to be knocked out 12 times
That's a lot but his career has spanned two decades and we're only three years from another. How he's still able to speak in coherent sentences I'll never know.

Hey man you are absolutely right

Reem is the more experienced fighter and striker. He is more skilled than anybody at HW at anything.

The problem is his jaw and reaction to being hit. He takes something clean from Ngannou he’s gonna get mopped the fuck up. I love Reem but one dip or slip in the wrong direction for just a split second and it’s over.

Look how bad he was absolutely mauling Bigfoot and Travis only to be hit once and get completely frozen and folded.

I know most of us wouldn’t mind some fresh new blood at HW and it would be great for the division to get a new legit contender that isn’t 50 years old.

Also everybody bitching about how frequently he gets KTFO just remember the dude has like 75 fights over 20 years against some of the nastiest motherfuckers to ever live. That’s experience win or lose.

Overeem's old, past his prime, off steroids (presumably), has an eggshell for a chin, and uses knee kicks for most of his strikes these days. This is Ngannou's fight to lose.

Francis got pushed too fast. Reem experience will reign in this fight. I might have to pawn some stuff on that bet. Heavy bet

I'm predicting this will be the next hype train to derail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back