People act like Hendos spent, but hes probably in a lot better shape than Anderson

RoadWarrior1**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
July 7, 2012. The last time Anderson Silva won a MW fight.

52Silva_and_Diaz.0.0.jpg

B8EXg8TCAAAlu86.jpg

In the time since, Dan Henderson has gone the distance with Rashad and Lyoto, and TKO'd Shoguns mighty chin for the first time in ... ever. Cormier beat him up, but it still took 3 rounds, and super Vitor KO'd him. Anderson won his fight against Vitor, but Vitor connecting with anyone is bedtime. Besides, that was 2011, the same year Hendo was up against Fedor, Feij

Not a bad argument there. Only downside is that I think Hendo has had more milage over a career, rather than just recently

It's clear you're trollbaiting, but i'll just refute the whole thing by saying "Sure you're right, and Hendo's style is far more reliant on his physical shape than Anderson. Silva beats Hendo then and now."

Hendo's an old man.

You can't compare Hendo's win over Shogun to Silva's loss to Weidman. Anderson would have likely beat Shogun too, and more impressively than Hendo. And Weidman would have beat Hendo.

Nope. Hendo looks and moves like he's 80. Anderson although deteriorated moves well and fights young. He was kod and a freak leg break. Hendo is close to Big Nog in terms of fight age. They are like OAPs out of the cage. Anderson isn't and never will get to that point.

You can't compare Hendo's win over Shogun to Silva's loss to Weidman. Anderson would have likely beat Shogun too, and more impressively than Hendo. And Weidman would have beat Hendo.

Weidman is truly top level competition. But given how Lyoto did against Weidman, ie he got edged out, I think its fair to say Hendo fights Weidman level guys a lot.

Hendos whole back catalog is against Weidman level fighters. Fedor, Lyoto, Rashad, Shogun1, Daniel Cormier. These are a level above guys like Sonnen and Bonnar. Rashad basically humiliated Sonnen.

We can go back to Anderson beating Vitor and Hendo, but that was a long time ago, and Vitor could well have been champ that night, if he had connected with that punch.

Hendo hasn't been in shape since before he lost to Shields.

Anderson is a few years younger and he has taken alot less damage, even with his broken leg.

but yah i couldnt help myself to put a bet on Hendo since he is +470 against Mousasi, thats a bit ridic imo...he could LnP Mousasi or land the H-bomb

Shogun's mighty chin?

InsignificantGlisteningDuck.gif

Happened afterwards. Dude. If your argument is that Shogun has been known for having a weak chin, then.... well good luck with that one.

Even there he didnt go out.

Nope. Hendo looks and moves like he's 80. Anderson although deteriorated moves well and fights young. He was kod and a freak leg break. Hendo is close to Big Nog in terms of fight age. They are like OAPs out of the cage. Anderson isn't and never will get to that point.

Big nog is younger than Anderson...

"hes probably in a lot better shape than Anderson"

No. Just no.

Weidman is truly top level competition. But given how Lyoto did against Weidman, ie he got edged out, I think its fair to say Hendo fights Weidman level guys a lot.

Hendos whole back catalog is against Weidman level fighters. Fedor, Lyoto, Rashad, Shogun1, Daniel Cormier. These are a level above guys like Sonnen and Bonnar. Rashad basically humiliated Sonnen.

We can go back to Anderson beating Vitor and Hendo, but that was a long time ago, and Vitor could well have been champ that night, if he had connected with that punch.

I wouldn't put Shogun on that list, even the first Hendo fight version. He got submitted by Chael and overall significantly deteriorated. I also wouldn't include DC on Hendo's list either - he lost very badly and it's hard to imagine Anderson would have done any worse.
Overall you are right that Hendo has fought better competition than Anderson recently - but consider that Anderson has been out injured for a year. He would have probably had to fight Rashad or Jacare or somebody good otherwise.

Hendo is older and has had so much tougher fights (partially due their styles and partially because Hendo always took on all comers including HWs). It's not close, Anderson is way closer to his prime than Hendo

"hes probably in a lot better shape than Anderson"

No. Just no.

Chin, durability, bone density... more tested, more successful in the last 2 and a half years. Being able to implement his game plan.

You know what you are getting with Hendo. You might not like it, but it works against the highest levels of competition in the sport, if you mess with it. The last time Anderson really looked like Anderson was a quarter of a decade ago. Even that was against a Sonnen that basically routed the first round. Okami was the last time he really impressed me.

Silva would still wreck him in a rematch.

If Hendo actually wins tonight Hendo/Silva 2 would be kinda cool.

Hendo can't even breathe through his nose properly.

AK4crf4nCD-6.png

He's no osteoporosis candidate.

Well played RoadWarrior1, if Silva fought the level of Competition Hendo did in Pride, Silva would not have been as relevant in the UFC. Silva is now fighting a guy that could cut to 155 instead of fighting a more challenging opponent like Cormier, Machadi, or Belfort. Silva needs to take on Suh in the Oklahoma drill in football. After Suh pancakes Silva, Suh could stomp on Silva's leg!

Back