PBC does terrible again

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They averaged 1.51 million viewers. Such a shame for a good card.

Welp I guess its true. The big names really do sell.

Network averages:

CBS 4.87 million
ABC 2.02 million
NBC 2.47 million
FOX 1.51 million

They definitely putting Danny Garcia back on the next card.

I honestly can't imagine that they care very much about the ratings. If they did then they would have had their bigger names fighting each other more regularly from the start. I do not understand their approach at all.

I honestly can't imagine that they care very much about the ratings. If they did then they would have had their bigger names fighting each other more regularly from the start. I do not understand their approach at all.
Thats exactly what I am trying to say.

There has to be a reason for this.

a. They secretly got a network deal so they are just trying to play the timebuys out

b. They are giving up and Haymon is just trying to cash in as much as he can.

The biggest problem has been their lack of willingness to match their stars against each other.

But secondly, they have done absolutely nothing to effectively brand their product. PBC is just random boxing matches in random locations on random networks at random times.

There is no familiar face, there is no consistency anywhere, and there is absolutely nothing that PBC stands for in the eyes of the public.

I really enjoyed the PBC on Fox card this weekend. Berto/Ortiz II was a decent headline fight from a fan interest point of view I would think and most of the other fights ended in exciting KOs. I don't know why certain people on this forum seem like they are taking some kind of weird joy in hoping that PBC fails. I personally like having more fights on lots of channels almost every week even if every card isn't stacked with top tier talent.

The only thing you can hope for is that the 1.5 million people who saw this will get excited and tune in for the next show.

The problem is I think the 1.5 million people who saw this were boxing fans that would've watched any other show.

The only thing you can hope for is that the 1.5 million people who saw this will get excited and tune in for the next show.

The problem is I think the 1.5 million people who saw this were boxing fans that would've watched any other show.

I don't think that's the only thing you can think of with your sharp mind .

1. Customer satisfaction of product . This delivered . Which in turn causes more to consume the product

2. Overnight numbers ? If not we would need to see the demo that it hit which would influence the networks . Good or bad

It's not so clear cut at this moment for this show .

Side note: hearing network competition is soon coming, but at the moment it's just vapor I hope it produces something more than just talk

I don't think that's the only thing you can think of with your sharp mind .

1. Customer satisfaction of product . This delivered . Which in turn causes more to consume the product

2. Overnight numbers ? If not we would need to see the demo that it hit which would influence the networks . Good or bad

It's not so clear cut at this moment for this show .

Side note: hearing network competition is soon coming, but at the moment it's just vapor I hope it produces something more than just talk
1. Yeah but I think it's the same people who will watch any PBC despite satisfaction .

2. It got a 0.5 which isn't good at all but it's not terrible.

Network competition? You mean like another boxing promotioN like Golden Boy on free TV?

it was a good show, now the rubber match will surely do good numbers as well

I'm a casual Boxing fan and I've been enjoying the PBC's. Alot of really good fights and some great KO's. Too bad the numbers haven't been better.

PBC does terrible again

You mean Just Bleed Boxing:D That was a fun card. Those are about the numbers I expected though. Boxing is in a bit of a slump right now.

Boxing is about stars not about a company brand. It's been like this nearly forever. PBC is not changing that in 1 year. It would take a decade at least to build a PBC brand to where it can average 2-3 m viewers with just anybody. PBC will continue to vary wildly in ratings based on who is fighting. You MUST manage ratings expectations based on who is fighting. I remember people on this board predicting 4m viewers for Wilders pbc card, meanwhile I predicted barely 2m. I was right. Step you game up guys and stop expecting boxing fans to change their viewing patterns overnight. Miracles are not real.

Boxing is about stars not about a company brand. It's been like this nearly forever. PBC is not changing that in 1 year. It would take a decade at least to build a PBC brand to where it can average 2-3 m viewers with just anybody. PBC will continue to vary wildly in ratings based on who is fighting. You MUST manage ratings expectations based on who is fighting. I remember people on this board predicting 4m viewers for Wilders pbc card, meanwhile I predicted barely 2m. I was right. Step you game up guys and stop expecting boxing fans to change their viewing patterns overnight. Miracles are not real.
What about Grilled Cheesus? FU me get, I do believe in miracles. ;)

The biggest problem has been their lack of willingness to match their stars against each other.

But secondly, they have done absolutely nothing to effectively brand their product. PBC is just random boxing matches in random locations on random networks at random times.

There is no familiar face, there is no consistency anywhere, and there is absolutely nothing that PBC stands for in the eyes of the public.

I agree. And a thing I've noticed PBC can tend to put on too many cards, that go on with very little fan fare/hype .. meaning unless you're a boxing fan of any kind, why would you care to watch? Shucks January had 4 PBC cards, and Garcia-Guerrero is the only card where I know both main event boxers.

Boxing is definitely about the stars, which is why IMO they need to market these guys better. Stop putting on filler fight cards where nobody knows who's in the main event, and actually promote the bigger events (how about Thurman-Porter with a countdown show?)

In closing, PBC needs to find ways that give people aside from boxing fans a reason to watch.

Yeah, get old name fighters ass kicked for no reason and ignore the new guys.

it was disgusting to see them trot Fernando Montiel out there on Saturday. PBC isn't the only one that does this but that bothered me last week.

Back