Pauly Shore talks about the decline of his movie career

G

Guestx

If you grew up watching Pauly Shore on MTV and in films like Son in Law and Encino Man, this is pretty interesting. And a little bit depressing.

He wouldn't give his booty up to Hollywood execs.

Lmao he looks so weird

He could totally revive his career making some sort of animated version of his life, wood watch

Buuuuuuuuu-ddy

he was never that good. if i were him i would try to do something like get into a quentin tarantino movie or some dark shit.

He always sucked and he looks like shit.

his next movie is going to be called "Pauly Shore is totally not an alcoholic."

He was in entertaining for teens in the 90's which includes me.

Whoever the fuck people watch these days is 10x the homo Pauly is.

He was in entertaining for teens in the 90's which includes me.

Whoever the fuck people watch these days is 10x the homo Pauly is.

True dat.

My whole family was a big fan of Son in Law back in the day when I was about 15. It was one of those movies we could all agree on and found entertaining.

I always liked Pauly Shore. It's a shame his movie career peaked really early and then rapidly declined. It's like he had two good movies in him and it was all down hill from there.

It would be interesting to know how things would've gone differently if he had listened to his agents.

As he says theres a shelf life to a lot of these big mainstream comedians, the ones who last like Carrey, Murray, Farrell, etc aren't just better than he was at that role, they also had potential to move into more dramatic roles which avoided that burnout.

Last edited:
His Mom owns The Comedy Store in LA, which is the apex of the standup comedy world. This he was pretty much guaranteed opportunities in entertainment, but those feet in the door only get you so far.

He’s pretty stupid and myopic when you listen to him speak candidly in that interview, his character back in the 90s that made him famous wasn’t a character, he’s really like that.

Audiences only had so much appetite for him, and while he was kooky and edgy as a young adult, he’s got nothing that large audiences want at age 50 or however old he is.

It’s a little sad, but fuck it he had his fun, and a lot more than most people get to experience.

It’s a little sad, but fuck it he had his fun, and a lot more than most people get to experience.

Not really sad at all, other than it is sad that untalented assholes like him get opportunities over people with talent.

As you said, just listen to him in that interview. He is a narcissist, while sounding a bit autistic. "I did this, I was the first". Bitch wasn't first at ANYTHING. He only got his time because of his mommy.

He didn't even star in Encino man. Only 2 movies I remember him starring in are Jury Duty and Bio Dome. Both are absolute garbage.

I guess I meant sad more in the pathetic sense than the empathetic sense.

If you listen to the rest of that podcast, he kinda starts throwing himself at Joes feet, marveling in wonder at what it might be like to do standup in front of sellout crowds like Rogan does.

Dude. If you still can’t ring the bell after 3 decades in the game, with every possible advantage given to you... maybe comedy isn’t your destiny.

Not really sad at all, other than it is sad that untalented assholes like him get opportunities over people with talent.

As you said, just listen to him in that interview. He is a narcissist, while sounding a bit autistic. "I did this, I was the first". Bitch wasn't first at ANYTHING. He only got his time because of his mommy.

He didn't even star in Encino man. Only 2 movies I remember him starring in are Jury Duty and Bio Dome. Both are absolute garbage.

Huh? What's your definition of "starred"? He was one of the primary characters in numerous movies. How could you forget Son in Law?

His Mom owns The Comedy Store in LA, which is the apex of the standup comedy world. This he was pretty much guaranteed opportunities in entertainment, but those feet in the door only get you so far.

He’s pretty stupid and myopic when you listen to him speak candidly in that interview, his character back in the 90s that made him famous wasn’t a character, he’s really like that.

Audiences only had so much appetite for him, and while he was kooky and edgy as a young adult, he’s got nothing that large audiences want at age 50 or however old he is.

Mitzi passed a couple months ago, not sure what happens to the Comedy Store now..

Back