Media Paulo Costa now say it's in February he's returning - has the audacity to call out Whittaker

Lol, the people hating on him is hilarious.
Why do you care so much?

He does not sit on a belt, does not log jam divisions, tells his opponents sincere in advance, if he has not signed a contract, is injured or can’t make weight. Does not do unrealistic call outs and has never been in a boring or unentertaining fight and the build ups are always great.

We see much worse from other fighters everyday.
For me it holds up rank at MW. There are guys ranked below him that probably would beat him but we won't know because he's not fighting. If UFC pulled rank after a year I wouldn't care.

For me it holds up rank at MW. There are guys ranked below him that probably would beat him but we won't know because he's not fighting. If UFC pulled rank after a year I wouldn't care.
That’s really not his fault, it’s UFCs fault and we have much worse ”rank holders” in many divisions.

You know the funny part? They were only deemed "humorous" by these fickle kindergarten ass Shertards because they were, for the most part, aimed at public enemy number 2 Khamzat Chimaev, whom he was going to fight. But pull out merchants gonna pull out merchant.

All of this is once again confirmation most people on here are a fickle bunch of schoolgirls that will turn on fighters at the drop of a feather.
I’ve long said that the majority of these diehard Costa fans that have popped up are nothing but people with a burning hatred for Khamzat.

That’s really not his fault, it’s UFCs fault and we have much worse ”rank holders” in many divisions.
Yeah the UFC should drop rankings after a year and I wouldn't care. But because they don't, now I blame the fighters. Maybe the whole top 5 should sit out and they will change it.

I’ve long said that the majority of these diehard Costa fans that have popped up are nothing but people with a burning hatred for Khamzat.
I think most of the people who follow Costa or like his fighting style, have been paying attention to him long before gourmet Chen Chen even had his first pro fight.

Yeah the UFC should drop rankings after a year and I wouldn't care. But because they don't, now I blame the fighters. Maybe the whole top 5 should sit out and they will change it.
True. Sit out a year without a confirmed injury, get kicked out of the rankings completely and start climbing again. We would get rid of that diva bs.

True. Sit out a year without a confirmed injury, get kicked out of the rankings completely and start climbing again. We would get rid of that diva bs.
I feel like fighters fought more before rankings. Maybe they need to scrap it all together.

I fighter should sign a contract or fight Costa unless it says they will get their pay and win bonus if he pulls out before the fight.

That’s a good call out for him. Winnable. Whittaker is pretty much at the end game

Doubt Cannonier will be available. Whittaker probably isn't taking it unless he's given some concessions which I'm sure the UFC would just love to do lol. That leaves Brendan Allen or a Marvin rematch. Either way getting Paulo on the card would be great as Ive always loved watched him fight. At this point its just impossible to be excited until he's actually in the cage.

And drop the gourmet Chen-chen shit it's lame af. Even worse than anything Colby has ever thought of.

Gotta admit, to me Costa is nothing special and unreliable as hell, but um a fan of his social media. But Derick Lewis has an Instagram as good as Costa twitter, and still shows up to swang n' bang.

He doesn't deserve Whittaker and he's also said that he's done wasting camps preparing for Costa.
Fight and beat someone below you like Allen or Hernandez, then we can start talking about higher caliber opponents again. If they want to do a fun fight you could push for Costa/Shara even if it's a bit soon for Shara.

The Khamzat fight is also there, but the UFC probably don't wanna risk that falling through again.

It will be 18 months since the Rockhold fight if February fight time holds up. That's a long time to be out of commission in your prime and in the top ranks. I hope it pays off. Dude is never in a boring fight.

There is one not health related pull out from him and it’s the Cannonier fight and apparently it was never even a signed fight.
He pulled out against Whittaker due to illness. He had two other fights canceled against Cannonier and Whittaker again due to contract issues. That's two for Whittaker so it's highly unlikely he's gonna sign to fight this guy again.

One of the most poorly managed UFC careers I've seen. As big of a pullout merchant as Cain Velasquez and Dominik Cruz, but without any belts

Brother, how you gonna even compare Costa to Cruz like that?

There's way worse pullout merchants than Cruz, who only has pulled out of 4 fights in the UFC, and each one of them was because of an actually serious injury. There were 3 and 4 year gaps each time from when he did finally get around to fighting again. That's how bad his injuries were.

Meanwhile, Costa pulls out for any old reason, even just to try and get more money.

July 7, 2018
August 17, 2019
September 26, 2020
October 23, 2021
August 20, 2022
Zero fights in 2023.

He is definitely the epitome of a rank squatter. And that fight with Marvin happened at LHW because Costa was 20 pounds overweight. I would have cut him after losing that fight.

Since October of 2021, he’s had 1 fight. And with his new contract he isn’t boxing anybody. I’m just sick of hearing about this guy. There’s this cadre of Twitter warriors that talk all day. But, never actually fight. Or there is a year or two in between fights. I’m sick of talk and excuses. Fight or shut up.

Edit.
Typo

Last edited:
Back