Paige VanZant Joins ‘Kickboxer: Retaliation’

Even if it's a shitty B-movie PVZ still:

- Will probably be making at least TWICE what that shite Reebok deal gives her
- Won't be needing to pay 3/4s of what she makes to her fucking gym
- Won't be getting punched in the head

I think even if it's a shitty B-movie it's still a step up from the UFC frankly.
Nah it really isn't. UFC stars make much more than B-movie stars.

Which is why all the MMA guys in the past who were in these shitty b movies keep fighting like Ortiz, Rampage, Bisping, etc.

Van Damme's last movie's entire budget was less than Conor gets in one fight. Let alone the salaries the actual actors make lmao.

Also the main point is laughing at people who think this is so awesome and shit on Ronda for being in huge box office hits.

Nah it really isn't. UFC stars make much more than B-movie stars.

Which is why all the MMA guys in the past who were in these shitty b movies keep fighting like Ortiz, Rampage, Bisping, etc.

Van Damme's last movie's entire budget was less than Conor gets in one fight. Let alone the salaries the actual actors make lmao.

Also the main point is laughing at people who think this is so awesome and shit on Ronda for being in huge box office hits.
Isn't PVZ making peanuts compared to Conor though? Bit unfair to compare the movies budget to a guy that is if not the TOP paid guy in the company at least top 5.

Paige has got some moves.

Nothing wrong with being cast in a b-movie
Sherdoggers bitch & pick apart anything

Rose took nothing from Paige. Paige showed up at the news conference, admitted she wasn't ready for Rose and stated she needed to work harder. The fight almost went the full five rounds and Paige took a beating by holding on. I wouldn't say that she had her soul stolen. Paige was ready and able to train and get ready for another fight. DWTS came along, she took the opportunity.
im pretty sure we're supposed to hate on her because shes pretty and we cant attain such women - with this kind of attitude, you might actually have friends and get laid - watch out

Why is she so popular? I don't even find her cute, actually her face always reminds me of a monkey. I guess young + blonde is enough in the US.

I can appreciate her heart in the octagon though.

Isn't PVZ making peanuts compared to Conor though? Bit unfair to compare the movies budget to a guy that is if not the TOP paid guy in the company at least top 5.
Her disclosed pay losing to Namajunas was $40k. Pretty good for someone with only a 6-1 record up to that point.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's more than what she's going to make in this direct to video role.

A cast of non kickboxers in kickboxer.I'll just watch the origional

VanZant Itching to Get Back in the Cage

“You know what? I feel like I have a fire lit underneath me right now,” she said. “I’m ready to get back in the cage and fight again. I’ve been away from my home and the UFC way too long, so I’m excited to get a fight. And I have a role in the upcoming ‘Kickboxer’ movie, the remake with Jean-Claude Van Damme, and I film next month over in Thailand. So I’m going to take my fight camp over to Thailand for a little while. It’s a very short filming, just a few days, and the rest of it I’ll be using as a fight camp. I’m bringing a trainer to Thailand and we’re just going to focus and get ready for a fight, because I’m ready to get back in there.

“It’s up to the UFC, but I want to get back in there as soon as possible. I think my manager’s going to say, ‘Hey, we might want to train first.’ But I’m ready, and I miss the UFC.”

Looks like she's not going Hollywood just yet.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, essentially making fun of the Hollywood system.

She's been largely forgettable in the roles she's been in and I swear if she becomes Captain Marvel Disney will have a riot on their hands.

Forgettable because she only been used in cameos appearances because of her fame. She hasn't had any big roles yet. Also, she would make a great Captain Marvel but the role will probably go to some weak looking waif like the Wonder Woman role went to and be completely unbelievable.

VanZant Itching to Get Back in the Cage

“You know what? I feel like I have a fire lit underneath me right now,” she said. “I’m ready to get back in the cage and fight again. I’ve been away from my home and the UFC way too long, so I’m excited to get a fight. And I have a role in the upcoming ‘Kickboxer’ movie, the remake with Jean-Claude Van Damme, and I film next month over in Thailand. So I’m going to take my fight camp over to Thailand for a little while. It’s a very short filming, just a few days, and the rest of it I’ll be using as a fight camp. I’m bringing a trainer to Thailand and we’re just going to focus and get ready for a fight, because I’m ready to get back in there.

“It’s up to the UFC, but I want to get back in there as soon as possible. I think my manager’s going to say, ‘Hey, we might want to train first.’ But I’m ready, and I miss the UFC.”

Looks like she's not going Hollywood just yet.

Uh oh, she's going to be training in Thailand. She'll probably come back bigger than Cyborg and more ripped too.

I've been in the biz for a few years now and I'm still blown away by the hotness of some of the women I work with and I'm talking ladies you've never heard of.

bqZpW.gif

Sure buddy.....

Her disclosed pay losing to Namajunas was $40k. Pretty good for someone with only a 6-1 record up to that point.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's more than what she's going to make in this direct to video role.

40K is not nearly enough for the time and effort fighters put into training, nor is it enough for the damage they do to their bodies, while providing the entertainment that produces significant income for MMA.

Paige and other MMA fighters fight, because it is what they have a passion for. MMA can pay them peanuts, because there is no completion for their services, the fighters have poor managements, there is no player representation like they have in the NFL, so in the end they risk their health for peanuts.

Consider this.

Players in other major league sports were taken advantage in the early years of their sport. Once the sport gained significant fans, the players wanted a cut and formed player associations. These associations rightly demanded more money for the players, without whom any major league sport would not exist. This may happen in MMA.

Consider this too.

The fighters by the very act of entering the octagon at the pro level, generate jobs and income for TV, PPV, radio, gear makers, gear sellers, food vendors, the venues, local/state,federal taxes, print media, blogs, local hotels and restaurants etc. etc. Who is more important to the success of the business of fighting, the fighters or the promoters? Neither, at the pro level there are economic, symbiotic, and mutually beneficial relationships, usually legal in nature between all essential parties which defines who gets what. Of all the people making money directly or indirectly from the contest between two fighters, it is the fighters getting the short end of the stick at this point in time.

Nanajunas and Vanzant were the main event, the draw for UFC Fight Night. I believe 40K is way too little for the main event.

40K is not nearly enough for the time and effort fighters put into training, nor is it enough for the damage they do to their bodies, while providing the entertainment that produces significant income for MMA.

Paige and other MMA fighters fight, because it is what they have a passion for. MMA can pay them peanuts, because there is no completion for their services, the fighters have poor managements, there is no player representation like they have in the NFL, so in the end they risk their health for peanuts.

Consider this.

Players in other major league sports were taken advantage in the early years of their sport. Once the sport gained significant fans, the players wanted a cut and formed player associations. These associations rightly demanded more money for the players, without whom any major league sport would not exist. This may happen in MMA.

Consider this too.

The fighters by the very act of entering the octagon at the pro level, generate jobs and income for TV, PPV, radio, gear makers, gear sellers, food vendors, the venues, local/state,federal taxes, print media, blogs, local hotels and restaurants etc. etc. Who is more important to the success of the business of fighting, the fighters or the promoters? Neither, at the pro level there are economic, symbiotic, and mutually beneficial relationships, usually legal in nature between all essential parties which defines who gets what. Of all the people making money directly or indirectly from the contest between two fighters, it is the fighters getting the short end of the stick at this point in time.

Nanajunas and Vanzant were the main event, the draw for UFC Fight Night. I believe 40K is way too little for the main event.
Since neither PVZ nor Namajunas are complaining about their pay, I'll go with their acceptance over yours.

And as always, disclosed pay =/= actual pay.

Back