Overlooked/ignored variables in a fight?

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
What are some often overlooked variables that may affect the outcome of a fight?

What do I mean by VARIABLE? (not to insult anyone's intelligence) Of course I mean the factors, elements, or quantities that we consider in every matchup. Some variables are more important than others, though even small strengths in one area that we may consider not that helpful may help a fighter overcome his opponent.

1) The biggest variable is size, which is largely taken care of by weight divisions, albeit complicated with weight cutting methods.

2) A close second is skillset or fighting ability.

3) I'd say either strength or bone thickness/density. I'm sure you'll find it very difficult to fight a person with bigger bones than you

4) .....?? steroids?

other) ....???? mental stuff

Size is a negative if you don't get the finish early imo

What are some often overlooked variables that may affect the outcome of a fight?

What do I mean by VARIABLE? (not to insult anyone's intelligence) Of course I mean the factors, elements, or quantities that we consider in every matchup. Some variables are more important than others, though even small strengths in one area that we may consider not that helpful may help a fighter overcome his opponent.

1) The biggest variable is size, which is largely taken care of by weight divisions, albeit complicated with weight cutting methods.

2) A close second is skillset or fighting ability.

3) I'd say either strength or bone thickness/density. I'm sure you'll find it very difficult to fight a person with bigger bones than you

4) .....?? steroids?

other) ....???? mental stuff
Rules & fight configuration.

Last edited:
Its a mental game. You can't think your going to win you have to know your gonna win.

Overtraining and improper weight management.

Sexiness
Style
Race
Ball size
Car
Sexiness of significant
Mental illness
Grandma's maiden name
Ego
Who the fuck knows?
Free will

Reach is overrated and height is underrated.
An inch in height is half an inch in reach....not to mention reach takes into account the width of your shoulders.
Therefore a guy could be at a 2 inch reach disadvantage but still be able to have a longer range of punches than a guy shorter than him with a longer reach..because it's a shorter distance to his chin.

Size of your skull, a larger head makes a bigger target.

Reach is overrated and height is underrated.
An inch in height is half an inch in reach....not to mention reach takes into account the width of your shoulders.
Therefore a guy could be at a 2 inch reach disadvantage but still be able to have a longer range of punches than a guy shorter than him with a longer reach..because it's a shorter distance to his chin.

Very good point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back