Overeem's takedown is a thing of beauty

Yes, he stopped taking "confidence"... he needs to get some "confidence" in his system if he wants to win the title.
I think it has more to do with the fact that he has been brutally KO-ed 4 times and one bad TKO in the last 5 years then not taking horses meat anymore.

At a glance it looks a bit wild and not super controlled.

A better grappler could've probably swept Ovreem at the end there when they were rolling over.

His takedown attempt against Ngannou was legit pathetic though.
eh, he didn't grab a leg if i remember. of course he was gonna struggle with the upper body of ngannou dude is jacked lol. ubereem would of won that battle but that was 7 years ago.

Overeem is a legit Combat Sports HOF... Just don't see him every getting that elusive UFC belt. His wrestling has looked on point in some fights when needed... good submissions too. But that chin makes it hard to Bang with other contenders...

I don't know why he doesn't employ this vs anyone with heavy hands. Straight into GNP and he has a decent shot at the title. #PRIDENEVERDIE

dXYUVOW.gif

I will not use a TD vs a lanky giraffe-tall Struve as the standard example of Reem TD on any other more "normal" built HW

Not much core strenght, high center of gravity, easier for the opponent change level quickly, hard time keep balance with these long limbs etc

uUKYF5.gif

who hasn't taken down struve ?

I don't know why he doesn't employ this vs anyone with heavy hands. Straight into GNP and he has a decent shot at the title. #PRIDENEVERDIE

dXYUVOW.gif

Alistair%2BOvereem%2BPounds%2BStefan%2BStruve%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

I think it has more to do with the fact that he has been brutally KO-ed 4 times and one bad TKO in the last 5 years then not taking horses meat anymore.

No horsemeat no chin :)

Lol sure he stopped....

He's not eating the same stuff. He's probably on ponies right now. He needs to get some serious stallion meat in him.

Back