Overeems’ record

If anything that would make him an even better champ. HW champ with a glass chin means you must have some mad skills.
Overeem is certainly skilled....but the guy's been knocked out like a dozen time

I don't think anything's helping

Shouldn't have spent "precious time" . I work in the city and am taking a week off of being sick and I am still getting paid so suck it. Doesn't take long to figure out what fights overeem fought at LHW
What does working in a city have to do with any of that?

Can't you get paid time off in the suburbs or rural area's as well?

Shouldnt be champ cuz he has no chin
His chin isn't even that bad, it's the fact that he immediately shuts down when hit once. He stops defending and just stands there. He's suffered some nasty KO's for sure but he isn't getting flatlined like Struve or Manhoef every time.

Why on earth would that make him the HW GOAT?
21-6 as a HW with wins over
Werdum ×2
Hunt ×2
AA
Brock
JDS
Big Country
Struve
Mir
Fujita

That's 5 former UFC HW champs.

Won gold in every promotion he fought as a HW in.

If he beats Stipe and gets UFC gold he's my HW GOAT candidate.

His chin isn't even that bad, it's the fact that he immediately shuts down when hit once. He stops defending and just stands there. He's suffered some nasty KO's for sure but he isn't getting flatlined like Struve or Manhoef every time.

That's the thing. It's very weird. He's doesn't get flatlined, but his body shuts down when he takes a clean hit.

Werdum ×2
Hunt ×2
AA
Brock
JDS
Big Country
Struve
Mir
Fujita

There's far better resumes than that.

Noguiera has beat:

Crocop
Werdum
Sylvia
Couture
Barnett
Kharitonov
Herring
Rodriguez
Schilt
Henderson
Coleman

That's 7 UFC champs there.

Was a Pride HW champ, UFC interim champ and Ring King of Kings winner.

Last edited:
Werdum ×2
Hunt ×2
AA
Brock
JDS
Big Country
Struve
Mir
Fujita

mir and fujita were beyond washed up and so was AA lol. id take 2-3 wins over tops guys in their prime then a bunch of names that were washed up when u beat them

There's far better resumes than that.

Noguiera has beat:

Crocop
Werdum
Sylvia
Couture
Barnett
Kharitonov
Herring
Rodriguez
Schilt
Henderson
Coleman

That's 7 UFC champs there.

Was a Pride HW champ, UFC interim champ and Ring King of Kings winner.
I was just talking HW resume and HW champs. If you want to throw in what he did at LHW then we can add
Vitor ×2
Vovchanchyn

Bringing him to 8 victories over 6 former UFC champs.

O And another HW victory against Kharitonov I originally didn't add. And he was beating Cro Cop before the knee to nuts. He has other nice wins too.

Let's not count Hendo please in this conversation.
mir and fujita were beyond washed up and so was AA lol. id take 2-3 wins over tops guys in their prime then a bunch of names that were washed up when u beat them
Dude he beat JDS who only lost to Cain plus Brock and Werdum coming off losing their belts. That's 2 fighters that people make strong HW GOAT arguments over. And beat them when they all looked damn there unstoppable. Werdum was talked about as HW GOAT 1 fight before he fought him and JDS is still talked about as greatest UFC HW of all time. You realize most people (not me) thought JDS was going to walk through Overeem like a knife going through butter? Instead he got his brain scrambled. So I don't know what your talking about. There go your 2-3 prime fighters. Way to cherry pick bud.

Last edited:
I was just talking HW resume and HW champs. If you want to throw in what he did at LHW then we can add
Vitor ×2
Vovchanchyn

Bringing him to 8 victories over 6 former UFC champs.

O And another HW victory against Kharitonov I originally didn't add. And he was beating Cro Cop before the knee to nuts. He has other nice wins too.

Let's not count Hendo please in this conversation.

Dude he beat JDS who only lost to Cain plus Brock and Werdum coming off losing their belts. That's 2 fighters that people make strong HW GOAT arguments over. And beat them when they all looked damn there unstoppable. Werdum was talked about as HW GOAT 1 fight he fought him and JDS is still talked about as greatest UFC HW of all time. So I don't know what your talking about. There go your 2-3 prime fighters. Way to cherry pick.
huh? jds wasnt at the top of his game wtf lmao

jds hasnt been in prime form since the cain fights. ever since then he hasnt been the same. he barely scraped by stipe in their 1st fight when stipe wasnt dominating like he is now. a prime JDS doesnt get knocked out with that punch from reem let alone even get tagged like he did.

the lesnar win isnt much either since we found out he was on his death bed and shouldnt have been fighting and cain had already knocked him out in the 1st round prior to the fight and carwin had already battered him b4 losing in the second round. that wasnt some unbelievable performance a lot of fans saw it coming like myself.

huh? jds wasnt at the top of his game wtf lmao

jds hasnt been in prime form since the cain fights. ever since then he hasnt been the same. he barely scraped by stipe in their 1st fight when stipe wasnt dominating like he is now. a prime JDS doesnt get knocked out with that punch from reem let alone even get tagged like he did.

the lesnar win isnt much either since we found out he was on his death bed and shouldnt have been fighting and cain had already knocked him out in the 1st round prior to the fight and carwin had already battered him b4 losing in the second round. that wasnt some unbelievable performance a lot of fans saw it coming like myself.
We get it you don't like Overeem. Way to discredit JDS's 17-2 record before he fought Overeem. Neither of those guys could stop JDS and Overeem did. Well Stipe did but that was in the rematch. Shame on you. You just can't say Overeem was the better man that night. There has to be some excuse right?

You sound very bias. I give props even to fighters I don't like. If Overeem beats Stipe and captures UFC gold it's going to be hard to not call him the greatest heavyweight of all time. Even his haters will have a hard time arguing.

Overeem can KO a rhinoceros let alone JDS. Any version of JDS is still not a good match up against Overeem.

We get it you don't like Overeem. Way to discredit JDS's 17-3 record before he fought Overeem. Neither of those guys could stop JDS and Overeem did. Well Stipe did but that was in the rematch.

You sound very bias. I give props even to fighters I don't like. If Overeem beats Stipe and captures UFC gold it's going to be hard to not call him the greatest heavyweight of all time. Even his haters will have a hard time arguing.

saying hes 17-3 doesnt take away the fact that cain took years off his life and he hasnt been the same guy since that trilogy concluded. the reem fight was in dec of 15 for fucks sake, you still think he was in his prime during that time? he had taken a year off after the stipe fight and like i said he barely scraped by. hes been taking damage nearly every fight aside from the rothwell fight that was a snoozefest. he fights like once a year now. good win, but it aint no prime win like fedors wins over nog and cro cop or how cain beat jds 2x and took the title from lesnar.

Not a GOAT. But definitely a Hall Of Famer. Done everything but win the UFC belt.

saying hes 17-3 doesnt take away the fact that cain took years off his life and he hasnt been the same guy since that trilogy concluded. the reem fight was in dec of 15 for fucks sake, you still think he was in his prime during that time? he had taken a year off after the stipe fight and like i said he barely scraped by. hes been taking damage nearly every fight aside from the rothwell fight that was a snoozefest. he fights like once a year now. good win, but it aint no prime win like fedors wins over nog and cro cop or how cain beat jds 2x and took the title from lesnar.
So what's the excuse going to be if he beats Ngannou then Stipe and wins gold?

Ngannou was a pretender and Stipe was never any good?

Because it sounds like you can't give Overeem credit for anything.

So what's the excuse going to be if he beats Ngannou then Stipe and wins gold?

Ngannou was a pretender and Stipe was never any good?
now ur just speaking nonsense. if he beats those 2 those are both awesome wins and that'll elevate his legacy.

junior dos santos was not in his prime in december of 2015 no matter how you put it. and his 2 werdum wins were sluggish and he arguably lost this last one. he was nearly knocked out. the first win was a snoozer with werdum falling on his ass and trying to pull guard for 3 rounds. and werdum wasnt as highly regarded then as he is now. at that time he had subbed fedor but aside from that many hardcore fans saw that as a fluke and didnt think of him as a top 5 guy in the division. he came into his own when he came back to the ufc.

It's funny when people look at his record and discredit him from being a top 5 or 10 HW all time because he has 'too many losses' or pissed hot..and the same people will go and put CroCop at 3rd all time best HW and stuff. When he has almost as many losses with less fights and got banned for roids. He's one of the GOAT HW for sure.
Few, if any, have CC that high all time. But if we're comparing, people generally rank CC higher all time for a couple of reasons...

1. His absolute peak was higher. At his peak, CC was considered the scariest man in mma(not named Fedor). The closest Reem got that was that brief period between Werdum butt-scooting and pissing hot after beating Brock.
2. CC's losses are lop-sidedly on the later part of his career. Reem's are distributed pretty evenly throughout his career.

Few, if any, have CC that high all time. But if we're comparing, people generally rank CC higher all time for a couple of reasons...

1. His absolute peak was higher. At his peak, CC was considered the scariest man in mma(not named Fedor). The closest Reem got that was that brief period between Werdum butt-scooting and pissing hot after beating Brock.
2. CC's losses are lop-sidedly on the later part of his career. Reem's are distributed pretty evenly throughout his career.
Cro Cop at his peak might as well be a mythological creature. He was that good. I picked him over Fedor and thought that if Fedor would win it would be because of the ground game.

Boy was I wrong. Fedor at his prime/peak is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Also Big Nog's ability to take damage is inhuman. Some X Men mutant ability. He ate all those Fedor punches.

Werdum ×2
Hunt ×2
AA
Brock
JDS
Big Country
Struve
Mir
Fujita

He has never been considered the premiere HW of his era. That alone pretty much disqualifies him from GOAT conversation IMO. Let alone having multiple losses, in every stage of his career. He does have a very impressive win list, and great longevity, though. No denying that.

Back