Overeem wants Ngannou rematch in 2018. Dutch interview

Why does he want to have his head decapitated again? cats have 9 lives.. reem dont.

would seem more reasonable to say Stipe. He at least hurt Stipe before getting stopped.

I agree he was fighting oddly, the thing is...it was evident he was very weary of Francis power. He also got out muscled and couldn't dominate the clinch or achieve a take down with it.

I don't think that'll change in a rematch, especially not now that he was stiffened. If anything, he'd be even more out of character next time around.

This is a horrible match up for him. Overeem has always had great offense and poor defense. He's been notably 'chinny' for his whole career, and his defense is often extremely worrying. Did you see his defense against the likes of Stipe and Arlovski ? He backed up to the cage and sits there trying to bob and weave with shots, he holds up his arms and peaks out to see the shots coming and tries avoid it as best he can...he just sits there getting hit. That's suicide against a guy like Francis.

Back in his Ubereem days, he'd have had a chance of clinching with Francis, delivering some vicious knees, getting a trip from the clinch...or alternatively landing some devastating kicks from the outside. But those days are long gone, he's past his prime and physically not the same as he was back then.
he could still use angels and kicks to the body even without being ubereem, but yea he would have to be the under dog no matter what happened to francis to put him in a position that reem deserved a rematch

He needs to "retire" so usada will leave him alone for a year or so

Sad to watch this guy kill himself. I was always a fan but :*( he will be Gary Goodridge soon

Back