Overeem doesn't see Alex Pereira as a champion

Do you see Pereira as a real champ or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clearly he’s been studying from the Nate Diaz How to Answer Questions in an Interview bestseller.

Well so far at LHW he's beaten 2 title holders that were previous champs in both Jiri and Jan. It's not like he's been crushing cans.
2 guys that both won their belt off a 50 year old Glover one of those 2 is actually in his 40's himself, and the other only had 3 total ufc fights and was coming off "the worst shoulder injury the ufc has ever seen".

2 guys that both won their belt off a 50 year old Glover one of those 2 is actually in his 40's himself, and the other only had 3 total ufc fights and was coming off "the worst shoulder injury the ufc has ever seen".
So you're saying that overall record and fights won in different orgs doesn't count. Your time spent in the UFC is the only determining factor in your worth.

If that's the case, then why did the UFC give a green fighter (with only 2 fights in the UFC at the time) a title fight? Kinda stupid if we're going by your logic...

And you're also saying age is the determining factor in skill. If you're over 40, you're trash. We'll just judge people off of a number instead of watching their performances against the top fighters in the division. We'll also ignore all their past accomplishments, because shit completely resets when you hit 40. Because age matters more than performance.

Glover was 42 years old at the time of the Jiri fight. Glover wasn't 50, but it figures a retard like you will make up whatever bullshit lies to try and convince people that you're knowledgeable, and to diminish the accomplishments of fighters that you don't like. A salty little shit.

Jiri also got an immediate title shot after vacating the belt when he made his return. You can look at it like he just set the belt aside and came back as the champion to fight the interim champion.

You also want to use the shoulder injury as an excuse for the loss, but don't seem to mention that Jiri never used it as an excuse for why he lost. The shoulder was never a factor in the fight from what we see. It wasn't impaired or injured during the fight. Jiri was using it just fine. His only complaint was that the fight was stopped early. But I can't find anywhere that he mentions his shoulder being a factor in his loss.

“Every detail, every small step in the cage, everything. Because until that [KO] moment, I handled that fight. It was my mistake, it was small mistake, but in this game, there is no place for these small mistakes. So that’s why I’m making the steps up in these small things: to be the best.” - https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jir...reira-until-that-moment-i-handled-that-fight/

Jiri got aggressive and walked right into Pereira's most dangerous weapon, his hook. Jiri looked great in that fight, but you'd rather have people think it was some crippled, worthless version of a former great fighter that stepped into the cage that night.

So by your logic, Jiri is a trash fighter now, completely shot and riddled with injuries that will forever impact his future fights.

Hmmmm, I wonder how he'll do in his next fight since he's such a broken fighter.

Oh wait, what? He already had a fight after his loss to Alex? How did he do? Shitty you say? He's never going to get another title shot because he's just going to keep losing?

Hold on a second. It says here he won by strikes against Rakic. And now that I think about it, I remember watching the fight myself and being impressed with how good he looked in that fight and how impressive his finish was.

Funny how that works out. A man with 5 fights in the UFC is still a top contender, despite being a "green" fighter who doesn't have a long established tenure with the UFC. Probably shouldn't get another title fight because he doesn't have enough fights in the UFC. And his shoulder was probably injured in that fight too, right?

His record says 30-4, but we all that shertard logic says you're only as good as your last loss. So really, we need to see the reality that he's 1-1 in his last 2 fights, which means he's total dog shit and undeserving of a title shot.

TLDR: You're a retard.

They know Alex isn't great in ground fights and if the matchmaker sets him up with an excellent wrestling game, Alex will be taken down. But isn't Dana just brought him into UFC just to fight Izzy? Doesn't matter anymore since he made the divisions more exciting.

If that's the case, then why did the UFC give a green fighter (with only 2 fights in the UFC at the time) a title fight? Kinda stupid if we're going by your logic...
because of his kickboxing fights with adesanya in another life. Izzy was simultaneously one of the most liked and hated champions and had cleaned out his division. This propelled pereira to an expedited title shot with extremely favorable no grappling matchups along the way. Once Izzy was defeated, pereira became the hero to many fans who have created a cult of personality here when the guy can clearly be beaten by a capable wrestler OR chinned on his glass jaw. Every fight he gets rocked and with the ease Jiri prochazka of all people took him down and held him there. We will have to use our imagination a little longer because Carlos Ulberg will be getting the next undeserved title shot so that we can have another kickboxing match with pereira.

I'm convinced by listening to all these pereira fanboys talk about him.....
that all these die hard fans are weak men that see pereia as some sort of father figure/overlord/god and have conjured up some mythical image of a brazilian aboriginal conqueror and think hes some stoicisim guru when in reality hes just a normal quiet dude that gets rocked in every fight with his glass chin and never fought a single, single, wrestler. Jan rolled over and quit and let Glover RnC him and Jan is not a legit wrestler. Rampage, rashad, machida, gustaffson caliber opponents would stomp this pretender but LHW hasn't been good for years with clowns like dom reyes, kittyheart Smith, and senior citizens like Jan and Glover perenially in the top 5. Pereiras pretty good but far from an all time grea, and the hype around him is nauseating when you live in reality and think critically.

Last edited:
because of his kickboxing fights with adesanya in another life. Izzy was simultaneously one of the most liked and hated champions and had cleaned out his division. This propelled pereira to an expedited title shot with extremely favorable no grappling matchups along the way. Once Izzy was defeated, pereira became the hero to many fans who have created a cult of personality here when the guy can clearly be beaten by a capable wrestler OR chinned on his glass jaw. Every fight he gets rocked and with the ease Jiri prochazka of all people took him down and held him there. We will have to use our imagination a little longer because Carlos Ulberg will be getting the next undeserved title shot so that we can have another kickboxing match with pereira.

that all these die hard fans are weak men that see pereia as some sort of father figure/overlord/god and have conjured up some mythical image of a brazilian aboriginal conqueror and think hes some stoicisim guru when in reality hes just a normal quiet dude that gets rocked in every fight with his glass chin and never fought a single, single, wrestler. Jan rolled over and quit and let Glover RnC him and Jan is not a legit wrestler. Rampage, rashad, machida, gustaffson caliber opponents would stomp this pretender but LHW hasn't been good for years with clowns like dom reyes, kittyheart Smith, and senior citizens like Jan and Glover perenially in the top 5. Pereiras pretty good but far from an all time grea, and the hype around him is nauseating when you live in reality and think critically.
Pereira haters are such cringe contrarian manchildren.

Pereira haters are such cringe contrarian manchildren.
Found the type of person I was talking about. I'm far from a pereia hater, and I had good money on Pereira to beat Prochazka as you could see in the gambling forums. Mostly don't like you people. He's a very flawed fighter with exceptional qualities that make him dangerous, but very unproven. But that's not exactly accurate, he's thoroughly proven his strengths and weaknesses he just has to actually be matched up against someone not hand selected for him to beat (besides izzy) for you people to accept his limitations as a fighter.

Honestly who are these great LHW wrestlers that are gonna expose Alex? Jon Jones or Jailton who both moved to HW?

I seriously can't think of any great wrestlers coming up at LHW. Would Ankalaev "expose his grappling"?

Who was he supposed to fight and beat?
Found the type of person I was talking about. I'm far from a pereia hater, and I had good money on Pereira to beat Prochazka as you could see in the gambling forums. Mostly don't like you people. He's a very flawed fighter with exceptional qualities that make him dangerous, but very unproven. But that's not exactly accurate, he's thoroughly proven his strengths and weaknesses he just has to actually be matched up against someone not hand selected for him to beat (besides izzy) for you people to accept his limitations as a fighter.
>"I'm far from a Pereira hater"
>posts entire haterade paragraph about Poatan fans seeing him as "an aboriginal warrior conqueror father figure"
{<hhh]

Who was he supposed to fight and beat?

>"I'm far from a Pereira hater"
>posts entire haterade paragraph about Poatan fans seeing him as "an aboriginal warrior conqueror father figure"
{<hhh]
I'm genuinely confused where your confusion is coming from here. Posts an entire haterade paragraph about..... what?...... poatan..... continue.... fans

Shooting dice requires luck, winning a tournament takes a tad bit more than that sir.

I agree with your overall sentiment though lol.
I would say though I think the most impressive win clearly was over Spong and indeed I think thats arguably Overeems best ever performance, a fight with a very legit opponent were he couldnt dominate and was hurt but was able to win still.

Fans will be annoying, but that doesn't mean you get to spew bullshit and diminish the abilities and accomplishments of EVERYONE because you're some weak minded cunt who clearly hates a skilled fighter.

"when you live in reality and think critically" Which does not apply to you one bit. You're a narcissistic person who overvalues his own analysis. You're worse than Izzy.

Pereira's weakest part of his abilities is his wrestling, but that doesn't mean it's amateur level like you'd have everyone believing. You also argue Alex has a glass chin, but since he's KOing all of his opponents, does that mean they have glass chins too? If he's putting them to sleep, who would you argue has the worse "glass chin" of them?

I really wish people like you could understand why you're just a hater, not some enlightened poster on here with a valid argument. But I can see now you lack the intelligence for self awareness. Still saying the same stupid shit over and over, like repeating it will make it true.

Let me know when you have a valid point to make instead of repeating the same garbage. Until then, enjoy your ranting and whining because Pereira triggered you and destroyed your fragile ego.

Periera is just the ninth fighter in UFC history to win belts in two different weight classes and he achieved the rare feat much quicker than anyone else.
The 36-year-old needed just 11 MMA fights to reach the sport's pinnacle.

Overeem, who switched between kickboxing and MMA during his Hall of Fame career, is surprisingly not overly impressed by what Pereira has achieved in MMA since fully switching sports.

“He’s interesting,” Overeem told talkSPORT.com, “Do I see him as a champion? No."

“I think, at this moment, they have difficulty figuring him out, but the moment they figure him out they are going to destroy him, and that will be a tough time for him.”

Overeem believes Pereira’s lack of ground skills will soon be exposed.

“I think he’s excellent in the striking department, but his jiu-jitsu and his grappling is not there. He’s so good in the striking department other fighters are unable to take him down. The moment
they figure it out, striking-wise, it’ll be difficult for him.”

Source: https://talksport.com/sport/1656889/alistair-overeem-shocking-assessment-ufc-champion-alex-pereira/
all brawn

no brain

I would say though I think the most impressive win clearly was over Spong and indeed I think thats arguably Overeems best ever performance, a fight with a very legit opponent were he couldnt dominate and was hurt but was able to win still.

I think you might actually be right on this sir.
Very rare for him to be hurt and make a comeback like that.

Back