Overeem and Stipe got koed against Francis just like how Francis got KOED by AJ. Francis got paid 20 million. Why are UFC fighters so badly paid?

Francis did to many guys in MMA what AJ did to him but Francis got paid. These guys are getting knocked out silly for cents.

Is there a reason why UFC fighters get paid so little?

We know the reasons, but I think for fans, it's far more important to appreciate how much we as fans, benefited from the fact that UFC fighters fight cheap.

Christ, these UFC fighters go from 4 fights a year when they start out, to 3, then to 2, and if they become champ, it's about once a year for half of them. Once they make big money, it's just like boxing, they fight about once a year, waiting on the biggest paydays with the least risk.

If they got paid like the biggest boxing stars? They fight once a year and "threatens" retirement after every fight.

Thank goodness they fight cheap in the UFC. Less they get paid the better. The top 10 guys all get paid more than 90% of us anyhow doing what they love.

Last edited:
Watching Nganou get KO'd by AJ should be all you need see why MMA fighters are so badly paid. Mediocre sport, mediocre pay.

If you ain't putting up numbers you aint getting paid.

Is there a reason you posters talking about the exact same thing as 150,000 other threads already are still decide to make a new thread instead of just replying?

I figure it's because you've convinced yourself you have some previously unseen take that requires more direct attention, but it's always just shit someone else already said a thousand times before you.

thats why some of them alrewdy want to boxing evem omalley wants to box.

Damn, read somewhere that Ngannou only got like 7million for the Fury fight (Fury got less than expected too) because it bombed, did it really sold that bad? Arabs dont care about money, no serious promoter would pay that and stay in business, but did he actually got the 20Mill with this sales? They allegedly paid him less cause it didnt work, and Joshua numbers are worst.

The format and how the pay structure goes in the UFC and obviously the revenue is not fairly distributed. Do you honestly think Dana White deserves 500 million dollars for what he does?

Francis did to many guys in MMA what AJ did to him but Francis got paid. These guys are getting knocked out silly for cents.

Is there a reason why UFC fighters get paid so little?
because most of the revenue goes to Dana and the owners.

Saudi Arabia has been losing money on these fights. It's not about revenue, it's about them wanting their country to be the destination for sports.

The fighters don't get anything from the gate
Sure, let's ignore all the fighters who've said they've been handed extra cheques in the locker room because the event did well.

More importantly, let's also just pretend that taking away one of the event's main revenue sources in their gate is going to result in increased fighter pay for that event instead of barebones pay/decreased pay.

Great financial planning there. I can totally see why the UFC is still here after 30 years while other promotions bleed dry.

Sure, let's ignore all the fighters who've said they've been handed extra cheques in the locker room because the event did well.

More importantly, let's also just pretend that taking away one of the event's main revenue sources in their gate is going to result in increased fighter pay for that event instead of barebones pay/decreased pay.

Great financial planning there. I can totally see why the UFC is still here after 30 years while other promotions bleed dry.
Fighters don't get any percentage of gate pay. Lol at bringing up the occasional 50k backroom bonus cause Dana feels like it. That's not gate pay. 70% of cards are held at the Apex.

I see you're in shill mode per usual. Lol I didn't even criticize the UFC, just pointed out the fact fighters don't get paid from the gate and you still manage to suck them off.

Fighters don't get any percentage of gate pay. Lol at bringing up the occasional 50k backroom bonus cause Dana feels like it. That's not gate pay. 70% of cards are held at the Apex.

I see you're in shill mode per usual. Lol I didn't even criticize the UFC, just pointed out the fact fighters don't get paid from the gate and you still manage to suck them off.
I hope you don't run a business if you think losing out on literally millions of revenue has no impact on things.

Back