Overeem and Stipe got koed against Francis just like how Francis got KOED by AJ. Francis got paid 20 million. Why are UFC fighters so badly paid?

He makes over half a million every time he fights, 99.9999% of human beings will never sniff the amount of money Stipe has, so I don't understand why you think he needs you to complain for him. No one should be getting paid $20 million for anything, that's the real issue. If you build the fucking pyramid of Giza by yourself, that should be worth $20 million, not getting chinned in 2 rounds and looking like a complete amateur

Too many guys around here think the orgs should run events at a loss so all the fighters can be gajillionaires.
I do think they should reduce the bloated roster and increase pay for the remaining fighters

Francis did to many guys in MMA what AJ did to him but Francis got paid. These guys are getting knocked out silly for cents.

Is there a reason why UFC fighters get paid so little?
francis made more in his first boxing match than 99.9% of boxers make in their entire careers. guess they’re getting knocked silly for cents too.
Franis' boxing promoter doesn't care if he loses a fortune.

The UFC is the property of a publicly traded company. That kind of feduciary irrersponsibility could land you in jail in the US.
very true. the amount they paid francis is nothing compared to the money they lost promoting his fights. in fact, he costs all of his business partners lots of money. the only people who don’t lose money on francis are his fans, since they don’t buy his fights.

This fighter pay shit again..

At the end of the day these guys decided to become MMA fighters knowing that the UFC pays what it pays. Should it be more? Yes but it isn't..

Their second fight was during COVID at the Apex so there was no gate.
Fighters dont get paid a portion of the gate, if they did they some wouldve made millions considering there are a few events that made more than 10million on gate alone.

Looks like stipe got paid 750k + 40k from sponsorship + PPV, i cant fight much info about it but looks like it sold 500k on PPV, Stipe must had cleared a couple of million from that fight, not every boxer gets paid that well, purses in boxing are big but only for a very select few, in MMA they can sell 1 million buys and still make way less.

Reactions: mkt
Other orgs keep going under and falling apart. UFC is around. I'm sure it's completely unrelated to how they manage their finances.
Exactly. And despite that, neither Scott Coker nor Bjorn What'shisname at Bellator paid fighters AJ or Mayweather money. It's a different sport with different monetization and not nearly as old or developed as pro boxing. If this was just about Dana not paying enough, than PFL, Rizin, One, Bellator, Strikeforce, etc. would've stolen all of the UFC stars and paid them multimillions per fight.

lol if u really check francis resume
most of his kos came from 40 year old fighters 10 years past prime

Exactly. And despite that, neither Scott Coker nor Bjorn What'shisname at Bellator paid fighters AJ or Mayweather money. It's a different sport with different monetization and not nearly as old or developed as pro boxing. If this was just about Dana not paying enough, than PFL, Rizin, One, Bellator, Strikeforce, etc. would've stolen all of the UFC stars and paid them multimillions per fight.
When talking pay i think its more fair to compare boxing PPV vs MMA PPV, than to compare pay between a promotion on cable with shit ratings and the UFC who is on PPV, PPV vs PPV the pay should be closer but its not, a boxer selling 1 million is taking a big bag to the bank, not the case in the UFC, boxers selling 500k still get a decent bag for boxing standars.

Last edited:
Back