News Orangutan Repeatedly Uses Medicine To Heal Itself?

Orangutans are cool. I went on a zoo trek and they were letting them roam around with minimal supervision. They are kind of chill animals. They weren't chimping out or being loud. I think it knows that the vending machine has food and it waits around there for people to get stuff. They will stick their hand out instead of just snatching it.

Last edited:
80 is a dumb human, nearly retarded. Higher functioning person with Downs Syndrome is like 70 and they can have jobs and build things.
So 80 to 100 is a huge difference ?

I mean 0.1% dna already is human to monkey. Or was it 1%.

Many animals self medicate. When dogs have a stomach problem, they eat grass and vomit.
Cats do the same. I have had a few cats over the years who were indoor cats and never tried to go outside unless they felt ill. Then they would sit by the door. I would let them out into the yard and they would eat some grass and come back in and puke on the floor and be fine after that. I glad I have had tile for a long time.

Yeah, 20 IQ points is the difference between being gifted or dumb. Most adults are around 100+/- 5. If you run into someone that legit seems dumb they are probably around 85-90. I was tested when I was in my teens and was 118 so not genius level but most people I know seem to think I'm "smart". I think I did well on the test because I'm good at mechanical stuff and can recall very well. I'm pretty good at solving all sorts of puzzles. But I'm not highly educated.

You mean you chimpanzee <Dany07>

But I think it is 4%-6% DNA difference between chimps and humans

You mean you chimpanzee <Dany07>

But I think it is 4%-6% DNA difference between chimps and humans
Orangutans are only a 3% difference, as are Chimps, and Bonobos. But the funny thing is bananas have about 60% of the same DNA as we do as well so....

Cats do the same. I have had a few cats over the years who were indoor cats and never tried to go outside unless they felt ill. Then they would sit by the door. I would let them out into the yard and they would eat some grass and come back in and puke on the floor and be fine after that. I glad I have had tile for a long time.
My cats try to eat any green leafy plants around the house. The cats probably think it is catnip

My cats try to eat any green leafy plants around the house. The cats probably think it is catnip
My cat is a moron. She goes and eats all of her food, then downs water until she's full. Then runs around the house and when she starts feeling sick runs up to the window on the front of the house and pukes down it. She is famous among the neighbors.

My cat is a moron. She goes and eats all of her food, then downs water until she's full. Then runs around the house and when she starts feeling sick runs up to the window on the front of the house and pukes down it. She is famous among the neighbors.
<Huh2><Oku02>

Yeah, 20 IQ points is the difference between being gifted or dumb. Most adults are around 100+/- 5. If you run into someone that legit seems dumb they are probably around 85-90. I was tested when I was in my teens and was 118 so not genius level but most people I know seem to think I'm "smart". I think I did well on the test because I'm good at mechanical stuff and can recall very well. I'm pretty good at solving all sorts of puzzles. But I'm not highly educated.
Do you believe in the acuracy of those tests ? And the criteria it uses.

Do you believe in the acuracy of those tests ? And the criteria it uses.
They are accurate for what they're trying to measure but I'm not sure that it can tell you if the person can use their intelligence in a meaningful way. It's like, well so you're a 150 IQ person but can you actually build, design, create, or produce anything? Can you advance anything that results in anything of these things? I have seen some high IQ people that don't really seem like they're doing things in life the would make sense with that level of intelligence. An example I have is my father-in-law. He was just a simple tradesman and electrician. Didn't go to school past high school. But this guy could design and build anything. He could fix just about anything. He was 70 years old and figured out how to repair computers without any help or training. Now, I have no idea what he'd score on an IQ test but people that can just look at, tinker with things and then fully understand how they work have to be pretty intelligent. Maybe not educated, but intelligent.

So, I'm not sure how much IQ means in real world intelligence but I think it's probably a decent indicator. Then there's always people that figure out how to take tests, you can always study and train to solve the sort of puzzles and questions they have on the test which would inflate your score. They don't really put the exact problems out there for you to study but there are a lot of ones you can take online that have questions on a similar line.

Yeah, 20 IQ points is the difference between being gifted or dumb. Most adults are around 100+/- 5.

Nah fam 95 - 105 ting ±0.33stdev🔔 that's roughly 26% fam u tinkin ±1stdev ting aboot 85 - 115 if u 130+ (2stdev) dats egghead level 🥚160+ mandem aliens fam swear down👽👾 depend on da test tho but usually ting be di case IME saw one him turn a fan wid him MIND fam no cap bro just said "hoooly fam hot out in da 6ix" 🥵 right den metal fan just kick on him say NOTHIN' fam swear down bro smile too 💯🚫🧢🧠

Last edited:
Berberine is what is in the plant that is helping the healing.

It has been studied for helping diabetics heal faster as they have an issue with healing slower than non-diabetics. I don't think it has been studied much in people without diabetes but I don't see why if it works for diabetics it wouldn't also work for non-diabetics or orangutan in this case.
Thank you

Back