Opinion: The stockton slap is completely disprectful and should be booed not encouraged

Dude TS has anyone slapped u in the face as hard as they can? That shit is definitely a weapon! Don't underestimate the Stockton slap. I honestly think it was the turning point in the Diaz Vs Connor fight. Once Diaz landed the Stockton slap Connor laughed (usually that means u feel it) and he was never the same. Go rewatch

Apparently, the slap devastated Mac's cardio and made him give up.

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

. Am I the only person that thinks this?

It's MMA, it's a combat sport, and at the end of the day......it's a freaking fight mate.

Get dafuq outta here with this nonsense. If his opponents feel disrespected by it, they can just punch him in the face for it.

Crying about such trivial things belong in volleyball, baseball and touch-butt.

I really hope he tries to Stockton Slap our hope Conor so that Conor can counter and knock his gang banging ass unconscious.

Haha, gang banging....hahaha.

Conors mindless legion of indoctrinated pre-pubescent fandom leprechaun forum brigade fits the definition of a gang member much more closely than Nate does.

Oh yeah, what makes you think the outcome will be any different this time? Did Conor step up his touch butt training in preparation of fear of getting slapped twice as much this time?

Please don't slap me. I would much rather be punched in the face!

Ok I get that and on some level you're right but a slap will never do the damage that even a light jab will do. Its just to humiliate the opponent and its not in the spirit of the sport.

Dude, stop trying to over-analyze and philosiphie the situation. Not everyone is a "martial artist". Some are just there to compete.

Whatever you want to "identify' it as, it doesn't mean jack. It's a fight.....nothing else.

Let's just start up a conversation about punches and kicks now. If you kick your opponent too hard, they may get embarrassed. Time to outlaw kicking now, so the loser doesn't feel bad.......or embarrassed.

But many times, you miss out on a good hook no?

I dunno, they are the professional fighters, I am not...so I trust their judgment for when they are 'wasting' effort on anything...

That said, an open hand slap and a hook have significantly different ranges, so it's probably utilized at different times and thus not a waste.

if you want any type of psychological warfare in mma, you must embrace the stockton slap. it has to get under a fighter's skin. hell, look at condit. he, "won" that fight against nick, but what do people remember most from that fight? not only condit's running, but the stockton slap, which has undoubtedly followed him ever since. probably another reason why condit wants the rematch, and not the other way around. think about that.

as to eyepoking: get back to me when a stockton slap has done that even once.

Conor hasn't said anything close to this and wouldn't ever say anything about an opponent not respecting him.

Your joke was terrible and the 17 people that liked it are stupid.

And there's Ido Portal!

So it is, thought I'd copied the link to Werdum pimp slapping Arlovski...

34q5vm1.jpg

Happens to the best of us.

What's wrong with trying to humiliate your opponent? It's all in the spirit of competition, and a goddamn blood sport isn't exactly designed to be the friendliest competition in the world...

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

. Am I the only person that thinks this?

If fighters can't stop him doing it, then they can't complain. The slap isn't dangerous, not like JBJ's patented eye-gouges. It's a tactic of the Diaz bros that does very little (if any) damage to the opponent. Don't see any issue with it really.

Good thing TS never saw Pancrase in the old days.

It was all slaps, Stockton or otherwise, all the time!

The other fighter does have the option of slapping back. A little back handed action would probably even out the humiliation.

Looks like with these new rule changes with leading with fingers opened we won't see much more of the stockton slap. I wonder how much of an influence was the disrespect and thuggishness it brought into the sport as well as the risk of eye pokes.

Back