Only the last round of every fight should be scored

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and idealy there should be 5 or even 7 judges scoring that last round.

That would change up the game and fights would be more entertaining and easier and less controversial to score if it goes to a decision

So when two fighters do nothing for 4 rounds and wait for the last round before doing something, like Woodley vs Thompson 2, that's considered more entertaining to you?

If they wanted to avoid draws then I think using the last round as a decider(as in the fighter who won it wins the fight) could potentially make sense.

Let the lay and pray be even more dominant/boring?
I am not a big fan of that idea

I'd be willing to give it a shot. That's actually pretty close to how Pride did it

So saving energy by coasting to the final round sounds more entertaining?

So when two fighters do nothing for 4 rounds and wait for the last round before doing something, like Woodley vs Thompson 2, that's considered more entertaining to you?
You can't do "nothing" that's not allowed, you have to be active and trust me fighters would try to take their heads off because holding and takedown won't mean shit!

Sort of like Thai Boxing, who finishes the strongest. Not sure it would be appropriate for MMA though TS

So that if fighter A beats the crap out of fighter B for 2 rounds but fighter B slighly wins round 3 he wins the fight?

In case of a controversial decision we wouldn't have to look back at all the rounds and argue about a takedown or two and all that shit. Just one round. At least 5 judges

judge the fight as a whole, instead of by rounds in my opinion... its not boxing or wrestling

So that if fighter A beats the crap out of fighter B for 2 rounds but fighter B slighly wins round 3 he wins the fight?
Yes. If he manages to win the final round after taking a beating for two rounds he deserves the victory. Exactly this.

TS probably thinks Diego Sanchez is GOAT.

I've read some stupid shit on Sherdog but this takes the cake.

Swing and a miss.

While I think the first part is stupid.. I do agree with more judges and drop the 2 scores

and idealy there should be 5 or even 7 judges scoring that last round.

That would change up the game and fights would be more entertaining and easier and less controversial to score if it goes to a decision

-999x-999.gif

TS is the kind of guy who thinks that "damage" should be a scoring criteria, but can't really define damage or how it should be scored.

Back