One Of The All Time Great “What If?” Fights

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fedor vs DC

What if Bigfoot didn’t pull off the upset first in the Strikeforce HW GP, and Fedor matched up with the best runner up in MMA history... Daniel Cormier? Bigfoot is great to have on the resume... but not as great as *Fedor*! Who would have won? I think at the time DC was just entering his prime while Fedor was just leaving his (lengthy) prime... watching DC against Bigfoot and he absolutely has the speed to trade with Fedor on the feet. What do you all think?

I normally avoid hypothetical 'what if' threads, especially when they talk about fighters from barely overlapping generations....

but this fight is super interesting on paper.

I give it to fedor. I think both guys are probably equivalent with respect to chin, cardio, speed, explosiveness, position control on the mat. I think fedor presents a much bigger submission threat and is more likely to land a KO standing. I think DC's wrestling would negate a lot of the Fedor GnP threat that dismantled so many other fighters in pride.

Overall, a true superfight. Fedor 8 times from 10

I was kind of hoping to get Fedor vs Barnett, since Affliction 3 was cancelled.

Would be an amazing fight.

Fedor has the clear striking advantage. DC could take him down but he would not want to remain on the mat with Fedor. DC would have to posture up and stand up right away. DC would use the same strategy he used vs Frank Mir but the only problem is he can't outstrike Fedor. DC's best chance would be his relentless pace and forward pressure, along with holding Fedor against the cage but that would be a long process. At some point, Fedor would light him up on the feet. DC has an iron chin but Fedor is leagues above DC in striking. DC couldn't really threaten Fedor anywhere.

Prime Fedor (2000 to 2009) I would favor 8/10 times. If we are talking in the SF tournament in 2011 at that point I would say it is 50/50. DC's striking was very basic at that time but Fedor was also slow and weak and way less explosive by 2011.

Fedors weak chin, weak wrestling and poor ground game would be his downfall against Daniel.

Would have liked to seen Woodley vs Hendricks. Back when it was talked about.

I think DC would have starched cormier. Either by knockout or taking him down and pummeling him. Fedor is good, hes just overrated. He does have heart though and did stand and bang, would be fun while it lasted.

This is legitimate fact. Impossible to prove wrong.
How is it impossible to prove wrong? If anything it's impossible to prove right since DC never fought Stipe, Cain, JDS, Overeem, Werdum and many others.

How is it impossible to prove wrong? If anything it's impossible to prove right since DC never fought Stipe, Cain, JDS, Overeem, Werdum and many others.
You name me the man not named Jones that has beaten Cormier in pro MMA, and I’ll admit you’re right. Haha I was being sarcastic with my post anyways, damn internet doesn’t have a sarcasm detector

GOAT What if fight is Frank S. vs Sakuraba

Last edited:
Back