PBP ONE Championship X: Sat. MAR. 26, 1:00 AM ET/10:00 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Main event winner

• Angela Lee

• Stamp Fairtex

Results are only viewable after voting.
This guy is really complaining that the MMA round is 3 minutes when the MT round is also 3 minutes? Lmao...if anything I applaud One for having the common sense to not make the MMA round 5 minutes.

Especially given how the fight played out, which was what most of us expected, it's insane that this is even a conversation right now.

Bob Sapp Vs Le Banner

Yuichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima Vs Aoki

I was thinking Sapp at the time but could not remember a second of that fight and figured I would have.

Did Le Banner also do some mixed fight with Abidi when they were feuding? That feels like something that happened, either mixed mma and kickboxing or mixed boxing and kickboxing.

Looks like UFC going to Singapore next. They bringing Glover, Shevchenko, and Whittaker.

Glad to see JWP get the fan vote for te 50k.

But Superbon and Nong-O both deserve it for the masterful display and dominance they put on. Still not understanding why the bjj gal got 50k for squeaking out a win against what was figured to be a showcase match but Nong-O and Superbon dominate and don't get anything.

Glad to see JWP get the fan vote for te 50k.

But Superbon and Nong-O both deserve it for the masterful display and dominance they put on. Still not understanding why the bjj gal got 50k for squeaking out a win against what was figured to be a showcase match but Nong-O and Superbon dominate and don't get anything.

Every single weird thing in ONE can be explained in one pharse "Chatri is a strange man".

In case anyone wants to watch or re-watch any fights, most are here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ONEChampionship/featured
This is only the first two "parts" not the "grand finale" (i.e. with the Superbon and Rodtang matches, etc.) right? I 've looked around and can't find those anywhere I assume they're still behind a paywall. (Which is ONE'S reasonable prerogative, just making sure I'm not missing anything.)

This is only the first two "parts" not the "grand finale" (i.e. with the Superbon and Rodtang matches, etc.) right? I 've looked around and can't find those anywhere I assume they're still behind a paywall. (Which is ONE'S reasonable prerogative, just making sure I'm not missing anything.)

ONE is pretty great at allowing individual fights to be found easily and quickly after the full cards. At its youtube site it usually posts full fights under 'Videos' or other sections usually within a few days or weeks after the event. Also on YT individual fights can often be found by searching the fighters' last names. So for example here typing in Johnson vs. Rodtang:

mmacore has them

@Stump @PurpleStorm
Enjoy Gentlemen!

Some cliffs:
-twice in the first round he thought he was about to lose. The second time he heard the crowd chant “Sexyama” and it gave him the power to fight through
-2nd round he looked into Shinya’s eyes and said Shinya was tired so he decided to go for it
-beef between him and Shinya started over ten years ago when Shinya started calling him out even though they are in different weight classes
-almost fainted a few times trying to make 170. Will most likely go back to 185
-when asked how is physique at 46 years old is so awesome, he said “That’s why they call me Sexyama”
-doesn’t know exactly who gave him the name Sexyama, but it started around the time he joined the UFC
-a fan at the recent One event claimed to have given him the name
-Sexyama’s wife says the nickname is the best nickname in the world…ever
-wants to fight until he is 50
-plans to fight more than 8 more times
-not there yet, but eventually wants to fight for the title in One
-Chatri is talking about an future event in South Korea
-was disappointed in his performance towards the tail end of his UFC career
-Ariel hopes if he trains with Sexyama, by being near Sexyama, Ariel hopes he will become a little more sexy through osmosis. Wants 1% of Sexyama’s sexy power

@Stump @PurpleStorm
Enjoy Gentlemen!

Some cliffs:
-twice in the first round he thought he was about to lose. The second time he heard the crowd chant “Sexyama” and it gave him the power to fight through
-2nd round he looked into Shinya’s eyes and said Shinya was tired so he decided to go for it
-beef between him and Shinya started over ten years ago when Shinya started calling him out even though they are in different weight classes
-almost fainted a few times trying to make 170. Will most likely go back to 185
-when asked how is physique at 46 years old is so awesome, he said “That’s why they call me Sexyama”
-doesn’t know exactly who gave him the name Sexyama, but it started around the time he joined the UFC
-a fan at the recent One event claimed to have given him the name
-Sexyama’s wife says the nickname is the best nickname in the world…ever
-wants to fight until he is 50
-plans to fight more than 8 more times
-not there yet, but eventually wants to fight for the title in One
-Chatri is talking about an future event in South Korea
-was disappointed in his performance towards the tail end of his UFC career
-Ariel hopes if he trains with Sexyama, by being near Sexyama, Ariel hopes he will become a little more sexy through osmosis. Wants 1% of Sexyama’s sexy power

Why did he almost faint trying to make 170, when there is no weight cutting in ONE.....mhmmmm

Why did he almost faint trying to make 170, when there is no weight cutting in ONE.....mhmmmm
Could have happened during the camp from being on a severely restricted calorie diet trying to get to 170.

Back