News ONE Championship will host a weekly shows at Lumpinee Stadium

How does this work on the Stadium side business wise? I thought Muay Thai in Thailand was basically all government/military run shows. Do lots of promoters have their own for profit fights at Lumpinee? Is the government involved aside from maybe "approving" the promoter?

How does this work on the Stadium side business wise? I thought Muay Thai in Thailand was basically all government/military run shows. Do lots of promoters have their own for profit fights at Lumpinee? Is the government involved aside from maybe "approving" the promoter?
the military owns a good number of the stadiums/ arenas that host muay thai fights. Bigger stadiums like lumpinee and rajadamern each have their own small group of promoters who are allowed to rent and use the venue and are who actually stages the events. The governments only role best I can tell is the sports authority of Thailand which is the government body that oversees the sport and licenses fighters, camps and promoters.

So it looks like Prem Fairtex is going to run the One Muay Thai Lumpinee promotion? This is exciting for me because I am a 100% legit Fairtex Fanboy. Also plenty of opportunities for Fairtex fighters and I would imagine Farang fighters will migrate to Fairtex Gym now to show their talent as a possible route omn to the show.

Perfect idea nobody exploited before. Dana missed his shot on this.
Highest level fight life style but no good recordings there

I support this

Back