One Championship Hiring Fake Media Again

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Come on son we all know not that many people care about a vera fight

it's cringey how they hire a bunch of fake paparazzi before every event

What makes you think they are fake?
I think probably lots of people in the Philippines care about Vera and Folayang.
There is tonnes of regional news coverage for this event.

How many people care? No idea.

How are they getting so much news coverage? No idea.

But there's no reason to suggest there are fake journalists there.

I'm ready to believe the paparazzi are real. Big sports events [robably don't happen too often in the PI. Plus, Folayang is like their Pacman for MMA. One of the poor kids making it big.

Now, the Italy thing? Bellator has had events there. Might be bigger than a fighter form Italy winning a ONE title. Might be. I don't know.

Bigger than Sakara vs the guy Sakara is fighting at the next Bellator Italy card?

I'm ready to believe the paparazzi are real. Big sports events [robably don't happen too often in the PI. Plus, Folayang is like their Pacman for MMA. One of the poor kids making it big.
Folayang is not at "pacman" level destitute. He was a teacher before fighting full-time. I am inclined to agree that most of the "media" are paid. We're not that desperate for "Big sports events" and while MMA is huge it's not "papparazzi inducing" yuge.

Who cares about fake media and inflated numbers anyway?
Promoters gonna promote. They are all scumbags - with no exceptions.

I'd be 1000 times more suspicious about the lack of public weigh ins, and the lack of weigh in results.

It's one thing to inflate viewing and financial numbers, attendences, and put on a big show...it doesn't really bother me.
it's another thing entirely when the integrity of your sporting event is called into question.

I have a friend that got easy access to ONE and pXc events in the Philippines as a media member. He even brought his sister's ex in as a media member as well. All he needed was a mma news website under his name.

They doing what they can, they're trying

i'm appalled and disgusted that someone would accuse ONE of this. ONE has displayed only the highest level of integrity, transparency, and fairness.

I've been to some small MMA shows in my lifetime and said where in the fuck did 15 MMA media people come from???

Good chance that's legit.

MieshaTate_Headshot.png

One is very fraudulent and won’t be around to pay those big contracts they just negotiated in full

One is very fraudulent and won’t be around to pay those big contracts they just negotiated in full
I mean, nobody should take anything they say too seriously, but they did get a ton of money just a while ago. Doubt they'll have any problems paying anyone in the next couple years.

Back