On a Slayer Kick, missing Jeff and Dave…

just_got_here

Fan since Gracies in Action 2!!!
Banned
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this Video and felt at a loss… I love Bostaph and respect Holt, but w/ Jeff gone and Lombardo in exile, archived performances like these, prove that it just isn’t the same.

Yes, King is an integral part of the Slayer sound, while Tom is the Voice, but the last Slayer record is missing something… is it just me?

Even if Holt contributed to the writing process of the record, and I’m sure it would be killer, it just isn’t the same… I can understand King’s decision to continue, but maybe they should stop w/ the new music and just perform the hits, live???

Is Half of Slayer better than no Slayer at all?

Maybe King should just start something new. The metal landscape has changed, and you know it’s only a matter of time before Tom retires from such a heavy touring schedule. King and Holt along w/ Bostaph should just start a project band. They can recruit Bello or Vera to play bass and maybe Chuck Billy to handle vocal duties. Kinda like a legends outfit of American Thrash.

Hell, after Kerry is finished w/ Bostaph, again, they can get Hoglan or Hunting…
The talent pool of Thrash Metal legends is deep...

~Hail Satan \m/(-.-)\m/

I don't really care too much for anything after Divine Intervention, but I always liked seeing them live after.

I got to See ‘em w/ Morbid Angel, and Pantera back in the day…

At least the last tour lineup was good…

Never got to see em with the classic lineup. Did see them a few years ago with Holt and Bostaph, still a really good show but I'm sure not quite as good.

I had tickets to see them with Megadeth in 2010, the morning of the show Slayer cancelled, Araya had laryngitis, pretty devastating really.

They reached their peak long ago. It's the same reason I dont really listen to Metallica anymore, save Kill Em All.

The second time I ever saw Slayer was actually with Testament in 91'. Amazing show. Ya I'd have to agree with you. All my favorite Slayer songs are Hanneman songs. They're missing The groove that Hanneman songs had.

But, yes. . Half Slayer is better than no Slayer.

slayer-eagle-logo-741.jpg

Slayer-Logo.jpg

hanneman_memorial.jpg

I haven't seen Slayer live in about 15 years but I'd think the loss of Hanneman was the far bigger change.
I was there for the original lineup with both Lombardo and Bostaph, they were both fucking awesome. I'd say Dave had a bit of a bigger & slightly looser sound on the drums whereas Paul was tighter & sharper. With either drummer, Slayer fucking killed it on stage.

Back