O'Malley vs Aldo

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's a great fight plus Aldo should've been given another BW title shot instead of TJ. He also probably would've beat Aljo.
This is a tougher fight for him purely because of Sean's gas tank and toughness.

Aldo could make it a very competitive fight for the first few rounds but eventually he would drown in volume.

It would be interesting to see how those first 2 rounds play out. So far, nobody has beaten Sean in striking.

Would you be mad if he got the title shot instead of Merab?
Who do you think would win and how?

Prime Aldo, I pick Aldo to win a comfortable decision

Current Aldo I am not too sure he can pull it off unfortunately

UFC fucked Aldo up many times in the past (forcing him to vacate if he wanted to get a 2nd belt, not giving him a rematch with Conor despite a decade of dominance) so I wouldn't be too upset if he was granted a ts. But yeah it would be really unfair to Merab still

Prime Aldo, I pick Aldo to win a comfortable decision

Current Aldo I am not too sure he can pull it off unfortunately

UFC fucked Aldo up many times in the past (forcing him to vacate if he wanted to get a 2nd belt, not giving him a rematch with Conor despite a decade of dominance) so I wouldn't be too upset if he was granted a ts. But yeah it would be really unfair to Merab still

TJ getting the shot over him finally did it for me in terms of cementing their disregard for Aldo. It would've been smarter for them too. Aldo likely wins and him vs TJ would've been a bigger fight.
For Aljo a win or Aldo would've been way bigger than the win over TJ

After his last win against the kind in Brazil, Aldo actually expressed interest in a title shot. If there is money to be made by Aldo, I even with a low chance of winning, he will take it.

No, O'Malley already got a gift matchup. He shouldn't be allowed to duck any more contenders. Merab is next, then Sandhagen/Umar winner. I'd like to see Aldo in a legacy fight with Cruz.

You're never going to see this fight, Aldo probably doesn't want to get tied down with another lengthy contract & the UFC would insist on him signing a multi-fight deal to get a championship opportunity.

Aldo wins, they will protect sean from this match up..

Can we just do fun fights? He looked good in his return, but I'm not confident that he still has it.

The notion that he "doesn't have it" is utterly ridiculous at this point, He just beat a top 15 guy comfortably. In his last loss to merab, who is a monster mind you, He could not get aldo down even once, Meanwhile former Bw champs and the like are getting absolutely ragdolled with no end in sight.

Aldo did better against merab than cejudo or Yan did, He's also already comfortably beaten the last title challenger and rob font as well.

There is no evidence to support that aldo doesn't have it, he's even been competing in boxing and he's looked great there too. He hasn't missed a beat.

The last guy he fought with a similar build and skillset to O'Malley put him out in 4 seconds. Prime Sean beats Prime Aldo. Current Sean obliterates current Aldo.

I like Aldo as much as the next guy, but just no. It's time for Merab to get his shot. For who I think would win, Suga of course. Sean is in his prime and Aldo is way past his.

lets do it. aldo should have gotten the fight over tj anyways.

Back