Older MMA Fans, did Crazy Horse Bennett have potential to be a threat in the UFC?

What is considered an "old" MMA fan these days?

The guy seems active still despite nearing 50. He's quite fit still too but its apparent that his glory days have passed him ofcourse. I am curious if you think he had the potential to be a genuine threat in the ufc given his losing record and also the fact that the dude trained through with alcoholism and masturbation but he was never scared to scrap like a true BMF.

Do you think he could be a legit champion or does his antics and personality outside of mma garner him more legacy/what if points than it should similar to Lee Murray.

No. Not at all imo. He was getting regularly beaten in Pride (and elsewhere) by "meh" competition, and has fought at least a half dozen UFC guys at (eh. . .non-synchronously) and lost to all of them. Add to that a completely unstable work ethic. . . and just no. He'd be fun for sure, and I'm sure there are some fights he could have won, but he definitely wouldn't make much of a splash competition-wise.

time to hang up the boots

HLhSkBL.png

He’s a legend to me if that counts for anything.

Fighting at the level he did and knocking guys like a prime Noons (or backstage wandy) to the shadow realm while also not training like literally at all is legendary af in my book. I used to train with one of his best friends who would tell me all the time how he would just play basketball or get a single (like literally one) sparring session in to prepare for a fight…aside from that just push ups, dips and pull ups lol. Guy was a freak to be able to drink and smoke crack all the way up to fight night and compete against some of the best names in his era. Hats off in a weird way.

No. He sucked on the ground

crazy horse vs. melvin guillard winner gets bag of coke

for sure, he had the athleticism that could make a real difference. just not the guidance or drive to stay focused.
- charles bennet
- melvin guillard
- michael johnson
- bobby greene
all could be potential title contenders, just didn't add up that way for some reason.
are these guys like reverse chandlers. chandler has the right tools and discipline but he has shit for brains when it comes to fighting

Very dangerous man, but his mentality had a lot of vulnerability. More intelligently prepared opponents often were rightly favored.

After i tought him how to do medical insurance and car accident insurance fraud, he always went after the easy money, instead

basically, the masvidal of the time, had some moments, doubt he would crack top 5

Lol of what time? Masvidal's been competing since 2003.

Krazy Horse was a bum, to the extent he ever had a "prime" Masvidal was already a way better fighter.

Lol no. He wasn't never good. He is the wish version of Guillard

Back