old time sherrdoggers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here awhile. And like the OP, I actually spent a lot of time on sherdog before actually creating a profile. But...

that post was a little emo. I like the new guys. They tend to have a better sense of humor than the older guys. Guys like the op obviously take this shit too seriously. If you don't like something, don't read it.

gomiddag said:
So you have posted on a forum on the Internet for four years? Wow, that's humbling :rolleyes:

One would think you'd brushed up a bit on your punctuation by now.
agreed, great sig btw.

i think it is unfair to say just because a person is a new fan, they should not be allowed to post. looking at my average posts per day may be misleading (school is boring, i need something to do), but i rarely make pointless threads or posts. look at my thread history. I may be wrong, but i always back up my threads with factual information and try to make it well thought out and informative, because that is how i learn about mma, so i figure the same goes for others. Yes, you probably know more about MMA than me, but i am learning a lot every day. i agree ther eis a problem, but without new fans, the sprot wouldnt exist

Wrestler189 said:
... but without new fans, the sprot wouldnt exist

Without new fighters the sport wouldn't exist, but of course the sport would still exist without new fans. The fighters wouldn't get paid as much, and there wouldn't be as much media coverage. Who knows where it would be, but to suggest that the sport wouldn't exist without new fans is a little OTT.

Cough up the cash and start your own restrricted forumn. Short of that you're probably out of luck. The best way to get rid of trolls is to never reply to their posts. If you see a stupid post like Kenflo best p4p ever! just ignore it. The only reason there's so much trolling is because for every troll post, there are 50 people replying.

Aronafan1019 said:
hey, thats not true because I am 17 (been training since before I even knew how to use a computer) and have watched THOUSANDS of fights... I even own Vale tudo DVDs and TAPES in Portaguesee. I've watched IFC and DNRF fights that have NO audio... You don't have to be old or an old timer to apriciate the sacrafice and grace of ANY fighter...Do you?

Go Kill yourself.....PLEASE

It's only been recently that Sherdog has gone downhill, mainly due to mainstream exposure and attracting a bunch of noobs. Not saying it's not good for the sport to have more mma fans, but the fact that no brain, post whores come here and ruin the forums is not my idea of spreading mma.

I'm new here, but have seen this problem on other message boards I've belonged to for a long time.

One thing I appreciate about Sherdog is how quickly they ban trolls - maybe more mods/more bans would help?

Every noob should have to read the FAQ (I know there's no way to enforce it...) it's actually a pretty good read and would stop people from making the same old 'was rickson really 400-0?' or 'how would Royce do against (insert fighter)?' threads.

For the record, I've only started 2 threads - one in the grappling forum (technique question - well received) and one in K1 forum (question about K1 and UFC working together on promotion - well received even though it was my very first post.)

They should start teaching message board etiquette in school - and spelling!

ncolby10 said:
First let me state that i am very pleased to see this page so popular and that i love new MMA fans i am no snob that things this sport is not cool now that everyone likes it. However sherdog has become flamedog or spampostdog. i have used sherdog exclusively for mma news since before my 2002 sign up date and love the place immensely i was here when the people logged in numbered in the tens on in the hundreds and i dont see any of the names i used to see. I like some of the new people alot juggo comes to mind love the hlights and the person with the third person one i dont remember their name but god additions. However i used to be able to enter the forum and see interesting news or rumors close to being fact now all i see are the (insert legend here), how would he d against chuck liddel or another modern fighter. I am proposing that sherdog not allow a thread from someone who has not been here a year display on the front page. I would also love to see a forum for persons who have been here longer too because i would love to see some posts from people who have probably stopped posting because its a waste of time. PLease do not reply im new and im cool, im sure you are i dont mean you i mean the new people who ruin it for you and me both. For all you tools with the 500 posts in three months and the other post whores who add nothing to this place please enter an amatuer mma event and dont tap when you get choked out go to sleep FOREVER please!

That is so freakin true... Truthfully i've being here since sherdog didn't even have the fight finder or there shop... No forum or anything like that... I loved when ppl would get on to talk MMA not about UFC vs PRIDE... OR Fedor is greater then god... This stuff like this made me run to the arms of another website... I hate this place but I also love the fact that sometimes, someone writes a thread worth reading... So anyways they should have a place where true MMA fans could go and talk about MMA and not cause arguements between MMA'ers....

I don't consider myself an old time Sherdogger, but I remember the old time Sherdoggers. I spent a year reading the forums before I joined, and I remember a lot of the old guys, most of whom are either banned, have left or both. They started dropping like flies when the new crowd came along. I remember when Fightguy used to do the betting threads, and when Bas Rutten used to post fairly regularly.

completly in favor. you should just be able to start a thread when you've been a member for at least a year. Posting i'd say a month.

SuperSuperRambo said:
I don't consider myself an old time Sherdogger, but I remember the old time Sherdoggers. I spent a year reading the forums before I joined, and I remember a lot of the old guys, most of whom are either banned, have left or both. They started dropping like flies when the new crowd came along. I remember when Fightguy used to do the betting threads, and when Bas Rutten used to post fairly regularly.
yeah those were the days

Whatever happened to the discussion about whitebelts not beeing able to start threads? That should, among with a multiple choice test from the FAQ :icon_chee , be sufficient to get rid of 70% of the bullshit in here.

"Who/ What is Machida?"
1# A variant of Hunts buttdrop
2# Fedrigos lost son
3# The rapist of fighters such ass Franklin, Penn and Bonnar/Boner

I'm also ols school sherdog has changed dramaticlly since time, and i'm even more old than my joint date, before i was warheat i was TITAN_ but i forgot the password and there goes my old acount LOL, and at the beguinning i didn't know how to wrote in inglish ( still have a hard time LOL) only to read and i read the forums all the time, and after i "learn" to wrote i joined. i remeber the times when sakuraba was fighting, runing threw vitor ,gracies, and brasilians mostly, or the first pride GP and when igor was the top fighter in teh world and pele was the star of chuteboxe, not vandelrei, and chuck was literally a nobody, there was absolutlly no trolls, i mean at the time if you knew NHB ( wasn't MMA like now) it was becose you were a TRUE fight fan becose it was SOO HARD to get a hold to any material, and about the fighters, there was also few info about anything related to NHB, shit if i'm not mistaken the site looked totally diferent now looks much more moderm, but i lov ethe old times, when you didn't have to start the day arguing that some TUF guy was ranked N3 in JJ the world ... or ken flo BS or diego sanches, same with k-1, in teh old times there was soo many talent there, i mean when hug was still around and axe kicking the hell out of somebody, leko, iggy, and afterwords, start to pop up guys like bob sapp, some stars start to get old and they didn't fight soo often now, and also apeared this huge giants with no skill whatsoever, tall koreans, fat sumo fighters, that were more than something special, were honestly freakshows, pro.wrestlers etc...
well i think we have to just adapt to changes, but was cool to remeber the old days of sherdog and fighting in general.
hi to everyone BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back