Ok this should be fun. Pick the worst potential matchup for each current UFC champion

I’m going to restrict myself to fighters who are currently in the pertinent division.
HW - Cain if he could ever return to full health. Failing that, probably Blaydes.
LHW - Gustafsson is the only one to have seriously troubled Cormier without an asterisk. I can’t think of anyone with a better chance.
MW - Romero probably has the best chance, but he needs to go to the back of the line for now. I think Gastelum is a very intriguing matchup for Whittaker. He has good hands, and a good chance at keeping the fight standing.
WW - I think, much like Romero, Woodley can be beaten by someone with the ability to keep the pressure on him when he tries to take a break. Also like Romero, pressuring him is highly dangerous. While I don’t like Covington, I think he might have the best combination of attributes to accomplish this.
LW - I don’t see anyone I’d favor over Nurmagomedov. Ferguson has a combination of cardio, durability, striking, and grappling that I think could cause the most problems for him.
FW - I don’t believe there’s a striking-based fighter in the division who can threaten Holloway. I’d like Ortega’s chances better if he had wrestling to go with his grappling. My pick is Mendes.
BW - To me, Garbrandt is the obvious choice, given how close he came the last time they fought.
FlW - Cejudo lost badly the last time he got a title shot, but I still think he has the best skill set to trouble Johnson.
WFW - There isn’t really a division, so naturally there’s nobody there to beat Justino.
WBW - I don’t want to see her get yet another title shot, but I think Holm has the best style to beat Nunes.
WFlW - Schevchenko. I think Montano is somewhat overlooked here, but I believe Schevchenko is on a different level.
WSW - I think Andrade is a terrible matchup for Namajunas.

HW: DC or Sea Level Cain
LHW: Jones
MW: Romero
WW: I actually see Masvidal of all people being the toughest fight for T-Wood at WW because of his improved TDD and good striking
LW: Against Conor (is he actually stipped)? Khabib. Against Khabib? Alvarez
FW: Frankie
BW: Maybe Cruz if he's still 100%, Cody otherwise
FlyW: Would like to see how Said Nurmagomedov develops, but for now I don't see anyone being remotely a threat
WFW: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WBW: Holm
WFlyW: Shev
WSW: Andrade

WSW: Karelian
WFLW: Valentina
WBW: Holly
WFW: Holly
FLW: TJ
BW: DJ
FW: Frankie
LW: Doesn’t matter cause the fight will never happen
WW: GSP
MW: Romero
LHW: Jones
HW: Cain if healthy, otherwise DC.

It doesn't mean you actually think the champion would lose, but rather the guy that would present the most challenges for them stylistically.

125: Cody Garbrandt
135: Cody Garbrandt
145: Chad Mendes
155: Kevin Lee
170: Rory MacDonald
185: Gegard Mousasi
205: Jon Jones
265: Brock Lesnar

Yes, I know what you're thinking about Cody and TJ. But I still think that Cody is the toughest matchup for TJ at 135, despite getting knocked out in their first fight. I don't like Moraes' chances of beating Dillashaw either.

Cody would have an even easier weight cut to 125 than TJ would, and should be favoured over Mighty Mouse in my opinion.
125 - Dillashaw
135- Garbrandt
145-Ortega
155- Mcgregor or Ortega if the fight is longer than 2 rounds
170- GSP
185-Homero x3
205-Jon Jones
265-Sea level Cain easily the toughest matchup

It doesn't mean you actually think the champion would lose, but rather the guy that would present the most challenges for them stylistically.

125: Cody Garbrandt
145: Chad Mendes
155: Kevin Lee
170: Rory MacDonald
185: Gegard Mousasi
205: Jon Jones (with PEDs)
265: Brock Lesnar (With PEDs and magic)

Yes, I know what you're thinking about Cody and TJ. But I still think that Cody is the toughest matchup for TJ at 135, despite getting knocked out in their first fight. I don't like Moraes' chances of beating Dillashaw either.

Cody would have an even easier weight cut to 125 than TJ would, and should be favoured over Mighty Mouse in my opinion.
Fixed

125. Dillashaw
135. Moraes
145. Moicano & Ortega
155: Ferguson
170: Usman & Ponzinibbio
185: Yoel Romero
205: OSP (I don't see Jones coming back anytime soon)
265: Volkov

Last edited:
115: Jessica Andrade
125: Valentina Shevchenko
135: Holly Holm
145: Amanda Nunes

125: Kyoji Horiguchi
145: Frankie Edgar
155: Tony Ferguson
170: Darren Till
185: Yoel Romero