Economy Oil and gas firms must pay more to drill on public lands under new Biden rule

Corporations don't have a lot of personal responsibility for being persons.

- This is true.
A oil spil from a huge ship, does far more dammage than some terrorists in the desert, but yet the corps get free from any consequence their action had.

- I dind't knew that. I forget that maybe you guys dont have work rights similar to here?

The US has "at will" employment. Meaning employers can fire you for any reason except if its a specific reason the "law" specifically forbids. And if they fire someone for said reason they can use an ancient trick called denial.

Then they turn around and lament(mostly imaginary) govt programs for creating unhealthy dependence.

- I dind't knew that. I forget that maybe you guys dont have work rights similar to here?

Nah, Republicans have been doing everything in their power for the past 30 years to remove worker rights like this.
But of course, most jobs expect you to put in a two weeks notice before you quit, but they’ll fire you in a second.

Lego price inflation going up again.
Imagine thinking its even acceptable for private corporations to be drilling on and destroying public land at all.

"Give bloodthirsty profit seeking multinational corporations everything that they want, with no exception, and with no restriction, or things will be bad"

N13 thinks living in bladerunner is the ideal future for humanity.

Imagine thinking its even acceptable for private corporations to be drilling on and destroying public land at all.

"Give bloodthirsty profit seeking multinational corporations everything that they want, with no exception, and with no restriction, or things will be bad"

N13 thinks living in bladerunner is the ideal future for humanity.
By your own reasoning, your future vision is like Mad Max.

By your own reasoning, your future vision is like Mad Max.
What a weird internal reasoning system you must have, to arrive at the opposite of reality.

Mad Max takes place in a setting where the environment has been decimated. That is explicitly the future you are arguing for.

Your take is - allow multinational energy corporations to drill on public lands, or else we will devastate the environment? Yeah man - that sounds a lot like drinking straight vodka in order to stay sober. That makes tons of sense.

On the topic at large, it means more inflation.... so dumb and unnecessary.

What a weird internal reasoning system you must have, to arrive at the opposite of reality.

Mad Max takes place in a setting where the environment has been decimated. That is explicitly the future you are arguing for.

Your take is - allow multinational energy corporations to drill on public lands, or else we will devastate the environment? Yeah man - that sounds a lot like drinking straight vodka in order to stay sober. That makes tons of sense.

The quickest way to destroy the environment is to destroy the economy.

We need to embrace nuclear in a huge way and drill for Natural Gas (which burns incredibly clean). Until we work out Fusion, that's the only path to economic success and greatly diminished emissions.

Reactions: N13

My take is that free unlimited wireless electricity is right around the corner. Technology will solve the problems, even your primate brain.

Never pretend to have any idea about what my mind/brain complex is thinking.

The quickest way to destroy the environment is to destroy the economy.
{<jordan}

Yes, look how much nicer the environment got after the Industrial Revolution. And all these de-regulation attempts by scumbag conservatives will surely decrease pollution and the destruction of wildlife habitats.

Corporations don't have a lot of personal responsibility for being persons.

This is starting to change, legally. A lot more social groups are bringing direct lawsuits against big corporations, in a manner as if they are individual decision-making entities. One of these I read about happened in a State where a clean environment is codified in the State Constitition and the Courts had no choice but to let the lawsuit happen.

That's the good news. The bad news is the SCOTUS has plenty of corporatist goons who take money from the donor class, thus they seem willing to make a protected class out of corporations.

Well at least its just the oil companies and the cost won't be passed on to the consumer.

{<redford}
Gov simps probably believe this .. “climate change solved”

How high do you think they'll let the prices go once it's no longer an election year?

How high do you think they'll let the prices go once it's no longer an election year?
Not sure Biden used a lot of the reserved already and is not refiling it. I was thinking near the end of the summer he will use a lot more to get prices down

Well, it depends on the oil companies and if they want to keep making record profits off the hardworking American taxpayer.

{<jordan}

Yes, look how much nicer the environment got after the Industrial Revolution. And all these de-regulation attempts by scumbag conservatives will surely decrease pollution and the destruction of wildlife habitats.

Dude, river's catching on fire is totally natural. Happens all the time.

In b4 corporate simping.

In b4 deflection for another reason for gas, diesel, groceries, and common household item prices rising even higher.... but everyone should blame giant corporation greed, and cheer for their taxes should be increases.... and wonder why their profits consistently increase while our prices we pay keep rising.

Its like they're all connected.... giant corporations, governments regulations, and basic economics.

In b4 deflection for another reason for gas, diesel, groceries, and common household item prices rising even higher.... but everyone should blame giant corporation greed, and cheer for their taxes should be increases.... and wonder why their profits consistently increase while our prices we pay keep rising.

Its like they're all connected.... giant corporations, governments regulations, and basic economics.

So...corporate greed that influences Government policy to the degree where the Government bends law to suit capitalist needs at the cost of the working class.

Correct

4.2% increase to use public land for private companies to make a profit, and they have to do a better job cleaning up when they leave old wells

Looks good to me, at least it's not sorely limiting new wells. They just gotta pay a little more (well within their profit margins) and be more responsible when they go.

I was worried with some of the stuff Biden was saying on the campaign trail regarding this, and with the stalling the new lease agreement paperwork so long. Glad to see this is the result

Back