Oh Shut Up Dana...

TigerBabu

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
First of all, I wanna put it out there that I am infact a Dana White fan, and my respect for the man grew even more after his interview with Piers Morgan.

On the other hand, dude needs to stfu sometimes, especially concerning the following:

https://bloodyelbow.com/2023/09/21/ufc-dana-white-wants-judge-investigated/

Now it isn't because I in anyway disagree that Shevchenko did not deserve to win that fight. It is because we have seen time and time again matches ending with a dubious decision on the judges part,you can even call them straight up robbery - even a blind man can tell you that (ok he can't), and yet when they ask Dana about it, he always gives an obnoxious it was super close and could have gone either way (which it didn't, there was a clearly robbed participant), and now, just because he didn't get the one he prefers to be champ, he opens his mouth about a judge being sus.

It doesn't work that way Dana, you should have opened your mouth a long time ago. The judging in UFC is frankly atrocious and there have been matches which really make you wonder if any sort of corruption is going on.

This thread definitely hasn't been made 50+ times already on Dana talking about the judge scoring the 10 - 8.

Definitely not.

Dana is either trying to have his cake and eat it - happy that they have Grasso as the Mexichamp but appeasing Val's bitterness by playing along with her.

Or he genuinely did not want to book the same fight a third time in a division with actually viable new contenders around in Blanchfield and Fiorort. And the draw threw a spanner into the works.

Let's not pretend he has any real commitment to "good judging" or "legitimacy of the sport" in mind here. It's either fighter relations or just pure business thinking.

I think he prefers Grasso as champ for the mexican market rather than soon to be crusty Shevchenko

Then I find it interesting why he chose to speak up on this particular occasion when there have been quite a few very shady recent decisions.

A few off the top of my head, that Pimblett fight and Petr losing to the golden boy. There have been much more I have seen which I can't remember right now.

Grasso 2,4,5
Not her fault some idiot judge got the scores totally fucking wrong.

I didn't see the fight, I have heard from a few people that it was a robbery. My point is that, there have been so many blatant robberies recently and it's very frustrating to hear Dana say it was very close and could have gone either way, which was not the case. And then all of a sudden, rage over a sus judge. Brother that shit has been going on for a while and now you choose to open your mouth?

Why not post this with your main account?

This is my main account my boy, I just don't hang out here a lot. Usually only after UFC PPVs I stop by. I just read this article and thought it was comical that Dana all of a sudden is offended by shitty judging.

This is my main account my boy, I just don't hang out here a lot. Usually only after UFC PPVs I stop by. I just read this article and thought it was comical that Dana all of a sudden is offended by shitty judging.
I don't believe you.

I didn't see the fight, I have heard from a few people that it was a robbery. My point is that, there have been so many blatant robberies recently and it's very frustrating to hear Dana say it was very close and could have gone either way, which was not the case. And then all of a sudden, rage over a sus judge. Brother that shit has been going on for a while and now you choose to open your mouth?
It was a close fight, but that moron judge gave the russian chick a round the mexican chick won, and then gave the mexican chick a 10-8 which should have been a 10-9. Again 2,4,5 Grasso.

Dana white fan lol

How can you not respect the man, everything he has done for the sport. I recommend his interview with Piers Morgan, dude had a shitty upbringing, never had shit handed to him like the Kardashian garbage out there and look where he is now.

How can you not respect the man, everything he has done for the sport. I recommend his interview with Piers Morgan, dude had a shitty upbringing, never had shit habded to him like the Kardashian garbage out there and look where he is now.
Respect Kim bro

She sucked her way to the top

This is the worst scorecard in the history of all scorecards. Nothing else comes close. The 10-8 score was so bad even NSAC made a comment on the judge being wrong and NSAC never comments.

NSAC came out and public stated the score was wrong and that they would do training for judges as a result of probably the worst score in the history of judging.

First of all, I wanna put it out there that I am infact a Dana White fan, and my respect for the man grew even more after his interview with Piers Morgan.

On the other hand, dude needs to stfu sometimes, especially concerning the following:

https://bloodyelbow.com/2023/09/21/ufc-dana-white-wants-judge-investigated/

Now it isn't because I in anyway disagree that Shevchenko did not deserve to win that fight. It is because we have seen time and time again matches ending with a dubious decision on the judges part,you can even call them straight up robbery - even a blind man can tell you that (ok he can't), and yet when they ask Dana about it, he always gives an obnoxious it was super close and could have gone either way (which it didn't, there was a clearly robbed participant), and now, just because he didn't get the one he prefers to be champ, he opens his mouth about a judge being sus.

It doesn't work that way Dana, you should have opened your mouth a long time ago. The judging in UFC is frankly atrocious and there have been matches which really make you wonder if any sort of corruption is going on.

Past robberies were like stealing a few thousand from a liquor store, this robbery was like a 10 million dollar bank heist with the robbers killing 10 police officers. Completely different in terms of scale.

Past robberies were like stealing a few thousand from a liquor store, this robbery was like a 10 million dollar bank heist with the robbers killing 10 police officers. Completely different in terms of scale.

Well you know what, good. Maybe we will actually see some positive change from this, the judging recently has been absolutely atrocious which makes you wonder what is the criteria that these guys are using to judge because it certainly isn't consistant at all, or do some of these guys even know what they're doing? Why are we not seeing better trained judges?

I honestly loathe decisions now because you really really never know when you're going to have an absolute garbage decision that has huge implications on the trajectory of a fighter's career.

Well you know what, good. Maybe we will actually see some positive change from this, the judging recently has been absolutely atrocious which makes you wonder what is the criteria that these guys are using to judge because it certainly isn't consistant at all, or do some of these guys even know what they're doing? Why are we not seeing better trained judges?

I honestly loathe decisions now because you really really never know when you're going to have an absolute garbage decision that has huge implications on the trajectory of a fighter's career.

Judging at the end of the day is an opinion, so it’s really hard to say someone is wrong. Giving Grasso a 10-8 in round 5, is the closest I’ve ever seen to a scorecard being objectively wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back