OG Conor Fans - Don't Cry Because it's Over, Be Glad Because it Happened (a tribute)

He made a lot of money and is still making money. Up until leaving MMA to box Floyd he also seemed to have his shit together. He's a success regardless but he's lost something.

The only bias here, is towards Conor. So the opposite of what you're asserting, is what's actually true.

Yeah other celebrities "upgrading" and leaving their past behind in search of better pussy and fame, is also shitty. Conor isnt a saint because of relative ethics. If anything, doing what Conor has done is shittier than what those celebrities have done.

Dee devoted her life to the man, and has given him a multitude of children. She has no options. Her only option is to leave him. And heres what a piece of shit Conor is - hes not even married to the woman after shes given him what, 4, 5 kids? So she wouldnt even be entitled to the same amount of compensation as she would be if they were married. So she can leave him, be stuck raising 5 kids on her own, and would she even get money from conor with them not being married?

acting like this is some kind of fair exchange, with no power imbalance, while the woman virtually has no alternatives, is just disgusting and indicative of the conor fanbase in 2024.

Yeah this is all bullshit for the reasons articulated above. Dee devoted her life to the man, and has no options given that Conor is such a fucking coward that she doesn't even have the security provided by marriage

Yeah, I too remember how Conor was a multi millionaire that had the funds to invest in any venture he thought up, before he ever started fighting.

Literally what the fuck is this delusional nonsense? He made millions and millions before ever fighting Floyd. He got 100 million from Floyd. That was the entire foundation of wealth that he used to launch his post fight career ventures. You are completely departing from reality with your takes dude.

His wealth from fighting helped, so what? Plenty of rich undriven people fail.

Also there is only relative ethics, everything is relative.

Wtf is tall? If you are taller than other people. 7 feet is tall cause most people aren’t 7 feet.

Wtf is good? If you are better than most people, then people consider you good.

All of ethics is measured based on a relative of humanity. If you are the least shitty person in the world, you are then the greatest person.

Also Dee being trapped? She’s insanely lucky to be around Conor, they probably have a swinger lifestyle, and she does not in any reality deserve half of Conor’s money, if she leaves him.

Modern day marriage community property laws are bs.

Conor by all standards is a good business man, insanely good at marketing, and keeps a insanely impressively productive and busy schedule.

You don’t do that by being a drugged out addict.

Your bias is showing, you are only a cheater if you broke the rules of your relationship.

You have no idea what the relationship between him and Dee are. And how many mega millionaire celebrities do you know that has stayed with their high school girlfriend?

All of them upgrade, Conor is probably the only celebrity that has stuck to one woman as his main squeeze. His loyalty to Dee is highly unusual in the celebrity and mega rich world, even if he has side pieces on the side, almost no man that rich and famous stays with one girl their whole life.

Also, plenty of famous people fail at businesses, and it’s not like his popularity transitions well into building affordable housing for the homeless.

https://amp.marca.com/en/ufc/2024/01/05/659881a746163f4d918b45aa.html

Fighting didn’t create his wealth, his post-fighting career into business did. If you think he’s some drug-addict that is incoherent, he isn’t creating mega businesses no matter how famous he is.
yeah whatever
tenor (3).gif
HrG7Iaw.gifpressure.jpgpressure 2.jpg

How about against the Chris, in a retirement match.

The dickridery and nuthuggery from Wongster has no bounds. Can't even admit to his faults. Dude was a special fighter for a time, even a constant Mctapper critic like me can admit that. Why can't you accept that he has shitty moral character?

Back in 14 and 15 I was a huge fan of his. Especially the Mendes/Aldo/Nate/Alverez fights he was exciting and fun. His come up in the UFC was really so exciting and fun I was a massive fan of his.

But since the leadup to the Khabib fight and after he's just been just a rotten person. Not exciting or inspirational at all. Total drug addict and materialistic loser.

Khabib vs Conor was truly the Chicken vs the Eagle. And since then Conor has been a pathetic bad example of a ruined man. He's garbage now in every single way.

A total embarrassment. A weak alcoholic and drug addict, insecure to the point of craving attention and spotlight. Pathetic!

Back in 14 and 15 I was a huge fan of his. Especially the Mendes/Aldo/Nate/Alverez fights he was exciting and fun. His come up in the UFC was really so exciting and fun I was a massive fan of his.

But since the leadup to the Khabib fight and after he's just been just a rotten person. Not exciting or inspirational at all. Total drug addict and materialistic loser.

Khabib vs Conor was truly the Chicken vs the Eagle. And since then Conor has been a pathetic bad example of a ruined man. He's garbage now in every single way.

A total embarrassment. A weak alcoholic and drug addict, insecure to the point of craving attention and spotlight. Pathetic!
I'm curious to know how you really feel though, don't be shy. 😂

Last edited:
he's the mike tyson of mma so we and casuals do care about him....but yeah, his mma days are over, only hookers and coke for the mystic mac now
As someone who lived through the Tyson years and the Conor years don’t ever say this dumb shit again. Conor in his prime was not a squirrel fart to Tyson in notoriety or fame. He wasn’t feared. The only thing comparable is sexual assault allegations

i truly believe, if there was someone who could come back from all it, it's conor. but he's gotta be in the right place, and it doesnt look like he is. when is someone in an interview going to ask him about his current philosophy on fighting? does anyone close to him challenge him on anything? or has everyone around him really fallen to yes men, scared to poke the bear? he needs to go play touch-butt wit that dork in the park. he's traded movement, precision and elusiveness for brute force, power and deliberateness.

This thread is for the OG Conor fans, that watched and were inspired by his incredible rise starting in 2014. Not the social media kiddies that jumped on the bandwagon between his Floyd and Khabib fights and beyond.

We watched one of the most incredible runs in MMA history, carried out by one of the most charismatic, entertaining and self-confident fighters of all time. For many of us, he directly inspired us to do better in our own lives. We were fans because of his incredible drive, self-belief, determination, focus, and charisma. Not because Conor was obnoxious, menacing, a drug addict, throwing dollies through bus windows, and just a never ending controversy producer. No, we were fans because we knew we were watching something truly, truly special.

It probably sounds stupid, but in 2014 I was working on the road in the trades and watching the early part of Conor's rise inspired me to change my life and get my head back in the game. I was tired of not having a home. Tired of the tradie lifestyle of gas station food, cigarettes and beer. And then here was this guy just a handful of years older than me, coming from obscurity and a working-class Irish family, taking the world by storm and knocking out world-class fighters while picking the rounds. It was directly because of his fights in 2014 that I took a hard look at myself, moved back to my home state, got my life together, went back to school and finished my degree. Sure, it's not as grandiose as "Conor inspired me to go out and win a world-title in [insert sport here]" and then I went out and did it. But it was a huge change in my life at that time that changed the course of my life for the better.

It's become very clear recently, that Conor is a drug addict. It's also become very clear in the last two years, that we will never ever see a glimmer of the old motivated and driven Conor again. In retrospect, you could argue that that was clear even further back. You could say that was clear in the aftermath of the Floyd fight. Maybe even the Khabib fight. But there was always doubt for us, always another reason to hang on to hope that we may see it one more time. But with Conor's media appearances lately as a shaky, twitchy, incoherent coke-head, it is absolutely clear that the final nail has been put in that coffin and we are never going to see even a sparkle of the old Conor again.

It's 2024 now - 10 years since he began his inspiring UFC run to first-ever double champ. I finished my degree years ago. I'm making my MMA debut this summer at an age where most fighters are considering their retirement plans within a handful of years. Life has changed dramatically for all of us in that time. There's nothing we can do to stop time from marching forward. Just don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened.

I've always found this edit to be the purest distillation of what it felt like watching Conor's prime. Enjoy -

<2>

Edit -

Just wanted to add some specific special memories from his run. His fight against Chad Mendes was on my birthday. I had already moved back home at that point. A handful of buddies and my dad got together at a bar to watch the fight. Between the Sinead O'Connor (rip 💔) walkout, and the spectacular finish after it looked like Conor was in trouble, it was truly a special moment. We went absolutely fucking wild after Conor found that final left hand.

Lastly, my little brother (also rip Cam 💔..) and I were both huge mma fans. We got into the sport together. In the lead up to the Aldo fight, he was released from an extensive rehab so he had completely missed Conor's rise. I was telling him all about Conor and how he was going to kill Aldo. My brother wasn't buying it, and he definitely knew Aldo. He wasn't able to watch the fight live, but I was at a sports bar watching like always. I called my brother IMMEDIATELY after Conor landed that insane left straight just screaming "13 SECONDS!!! 13 SECONDS!! 13 SECONDS!!!!" while the entire bar was just going fucking bananas all around me. I'm barely able to hear my brother shouting back "NO WAY. NO FUCKING WAY".

Two of the happiest moments of the last 10 years of my life. Thank you Conor. Anyone else have any special memories from Conor's run? Would love to hear them.

It’s been over for about 9 years now, I think everyone has had time to get over it.

LMAO. Not one mention of the man who sent Conor into a tailspin he still hasn't recovered from.

B0T2Vza.gif

We'll see what's fooking over when he comes back and starches Chandler yew little fewl ye?
<mcgoat>

Conor was great up to the, and probably including, the Eddie fight.
After that it slowly went downhill.....and by slowly, I mean rather fast....

But, OP is right...it was a cool era, liked him or not, and it was fun for everyone, one way or another.

He's long gone and I truly believe he shouldn't fight anymore.
He used to have confidence that was fueled by the sheer desire to train, improve, and be the best.
Now, his confidence is fueled by past memories as he spirals into the "not realistic" state of mind further and further...

Back