Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an article summary, I think here on Sherdog, that she wants to break Rousey's title defense record and then move to 125.

By then, there will probably be some fresh contender at 115lbs as well. She will always have plenty of options.

Man, Andrade totally mauled Claudia. Claudia looked good early but once Andrade got going that turned into an ass whooping.

Joanna should just retire after Rose. Gadelha, if she could improve her cardio, was her one real threat. Now, Andrade just took her out of the picture, and it's hard to get excited for Joanna/Andrade 2 because Andrade had absolutely nothing for her in the first fight.

There's nothing left for Joanna to do. Maybe the 125 belt, I guess.

That Cynthia Calvillo looks like a killer. I see her being a serious threat in the future.

That Cynthia Calvillo looks like a killer. I see her being a serious threat in the future.

She's too small and weak. Joanna fended off Claudia and Andrade with ease. I like Calvillo, but Joanna will be retired by the time she's developed into anything anywhere near good enough.

By then, there will probably be some fresh contender at 115lbs as well. She will always have plenty of options.

I was hoping Suazers would've been on the fast track to a title shot by now. Hopefully she will get some momentum going and be able to offer Jedrzejcyzk some future competition.

Last edited:
As it would seem 15 offers later Andrea Lee ended
up retaining the LFA flyweight title with a submission
win over Jamie Thornton last night.

Hayley 'The Hailstorm' Turner (3-0 Amateur) will be making her pro debut against Chrissie Daniels (2-3) at WXC 70 on November 11th. While she's going pro very quickly, she has been dominant in her 3 amateur fights and has proven that she's ready to make the next step. She trains at Scorpion Fighting System in Brighton, MI with Amanda Bobby Cooper and Alesha Zappitella (also Juju Auclair until recently) and a large stable of talented male pros. Hayley looks skinny for 135 but she's a lanky 5'10" Bantamweight and is very good at using her range. Once she gets more experience in the pros, I presume she would fight at 125. She fought at 130 in her last fight. She still needs work in some areas but could be a prospect to keep an eye out for at 125/135. Daniels is a decent vet who is best known for her quick Anaconda Choke loss to Colleen Schneider at Bellator 170. She's had middling success at the pro level and will be going up to 135 after spending most of her career between 105-125.

Here is Hayleys most recent fight.

21687667_10155980159204050_2000528256283943037_n.jpg

Last edited:
As it would seem 15 offers later Andrea Lee ended
up retaining the LFA flyweight title with a submission
win over Jamie Thornton last night.
defending her title against an atomweight on a 2 fight losing streak.

the favouritism shown towards KGB is getting nausiating

defending her title against an atomweight on a 2 fight losing streak.

the favouritism shown towards KGB is getting nausiating

Yup. And it is not just Invicta, although they too have a long history of playing favorites.

im just gonna come right out and say it, has andrade been tested recently?

I'm guessing quite a few UFC strawweights will have their fingers crossed for Jessica's test results ........ and not in a nice way.

I gotta admit I have been suspicious of her and Claudia in the past but until they pop I will say they are clean. Once you pop you will never get the benefit of the doubt from me again like Cyborg. Everyone had suspicions and it took awhile but she finally got caught. Now there always seems to be something weird happening with her tests. I also call BS Cyborgs retroactive TUE when she lied and failed to disclose all the stuff she was taking during the test. I can understand if she was upfront like she had nothing to hide but why hide it and hope it does not show up on the test.

Looks like Waterson let it slip she is fighting on the TUF Finale December 1st.

I bet she and Calvillo will be the headline bout.

Yanan Wu vs Gina Mazany, and Yan Xiaonan vs Kailin Curran at the UFC Shanghai event (via TheFightNation.com).

I generally avoid making comments like this, but Curran has another fight? I know Dana is friends with the family (assuming that prick is actually capable of making friends) but as a friend you would think he would do them a favor and stop their daughter from taking another beating.

I generally avoid making comments like this, but Curran has another fight? I know Dana is friends with the family (assuming that prick is actually capable of making friends) but as a friend you would think he would do them a favor and stop their daughter from taking another beating.

The thing is, she goes in and puts up a hell of a fight. But then she loses almost every time. She's one of those fighters that frustrates the hell out of me. The ones who are obviously dedicated and passionate about fighting, who are exciting to watch and you can't help but cheer for..... but they just cannot get a win. I wanna say she could use more time in Invicta or wherever developing, but I'm not sure if that would help. She just seems to find a way to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back