Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFC Fight Night 111 - June 17

holm-correia-graphic-750.jpg

I wonder if we'll get to see Mizuki in her little brother's corner at this event?
~
Naoki and big sister Mizuki

17199_798453910247313_1242006983330555166_n.jpg
IMG_8234_448x299.jpg

I wonder if we'll get to see Mizuki in her little brother's corner at this event?
~

IMG_8234_448x299.jpg
They start 'em young in that family. I bet those two beat the crap out of each other from the time they could walk, LOL.

~

IMG_8234_448x299.jpg
She said on Facebook that she will indeed be in his corner.

Some random fights tonight streaming.

TKO has a four person strawweight tournament on Fight Pass.

Also free card where Montana Stewart is fighting Kathina Catron here:
https://www.fite.tv/watch/xfn-342-superfights/2ka8s/

Edit: Lame, but TKO is only airing the finals for 115. Both Nichols and Garbatt won by first round tko.

Last edited:
New thread means its time to thank you guys again for making it easy to keep up on things.

Thanks.

Nichols/Garbatt was a really good fight, watch that. Stewart/Catron not so much (but good finish).

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Most likely in the next day or so Ayaka vs. Jinh II will be announced mark my words

In the last thread, either @Mark Zima or @awiv thought JoJo might have releas d news about Yu Frey fighting next month in Invicta. I'd say Invicta did it themselves, by reposting this IG photo by Jinh, with the hashtags and all.

Meeting up with Miesha in an hour. Last chance for questions

Most likely in the next day or so Ayaka vs. Jinh II will be announced mark my words
I'm hoping this is the case. After the Morandin fight fell through everyone was campaigning for Jinh to get the rematch with Ayaka, hope it happens.

Serena DeJesus is an interesting fighter. She's autistic. So, in addition to battling her opponent she'll be battling against the stimulus-overload of all the hubbub associated with the fight.

Music was blaring before weigh-ins was not comfortable for her even with earplugs

Aww, poor Bethe :( she shouldn't have let herself get goaded into goading.
She seemed so disciplined (albeit very boring) in the beginning..

Oh well, at least the UFC and Holly got what they wanted.

I wanna see Holly vs. Pena next. Unless they want to take it slow with Holly and throw her another gal outside of the T5, in that case maybe set up a GDR rematch because Germaine wants to go back to 135 now anyway.

If McMann vs. Vieira wasn't booked then I would have liked to have seen Bethe vs. Ketlen, otherwise give her the loser of Lansberg / Smith.

Who y'all got for UFC OKC? I got Herrig via UD, Moroz via Sub (Round 2 - This is more of a hope TBH).

I wanna see Holly vs. Pena next. Unless they want to take it slow with Holly and throw her another gal outside of the T5, in that case maybe set up a GDR rematch because Germaine wants to go back to 135 now anyway.
I kinda doubt that.

I'd be ok with Holm vs Pena (although not exactly terribly excited), but hasn't Pena mentioned she wants to go down to 125?

Rather not see Holm vs GDR again tbh.

Got a 30 minute on the record interview with Miesha - very insightful. Asked questions I know you were wondering and some you may not have thought of. Will be a three parter coming in the next week or so.

I also got an interview with amateur fighter and IMMAF champ Joanna Doyle-Middleton and I suspect will have a few more after the fights tonight. Also a video piece on Wimp2Warrior.

Plus have a few news items that broke that I haven't gotten to yet. So expect a lot of content from me as this trip has been very productive.

Also if you can't watch Tuf-n-uff online I will be tweeting results and photos on my twitter @wmmanews & instagram @wombatsports

I kinda doubt that.

I'd be ok with Holm vs Pena (although not exactly terribly excited), but hasn't Pena mentioned she wants to go down to 125?

Rather not see Holm vs GDR again tbh.
I dunno TBH. In the recent Q&A she did in NZL she was asked about fighting Rocky and she said something on the lines of (Can't remember much) she wants an immediate title shot against the winner of Shev vs. Nunes or if that's not the case then she'll be happy to fight anyone.

I'm sure she'll stall the plan to go to 125 until she gets her title shot at BW.

When taunting went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back