RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Spence vs Ugas PPV 4/16

Winner?

• Total voters
When Crawford rips Spence’s head with a hook and he ends up in worse condition than that car crash I’m curious what the haters finna sy

When Crawford rips Spence’s head with a hook and he ends up in worse condition than that car crash I’m curious what the haters finna sy
Bud gets caught too....Both dudes take more risk than a lot of blue chippers we are used to.

Spence vs Bud is a 50/50 fight. I don’t know how y’all can think otherwise

spence put in a workman like performance last night. if you fight crawford like that, you're getting picked apart. ugas basically let spence put his head on ugas' chest and beat the living fuck out of him from up close... which isn't something crawford is likely to allow.

i didn't like how spence missed with his left hooks, he threw himself completely out of balance several times. he also got hit cleanly more than he should have, especially with the mouth piece bullshit.

all that said, it seems unlikely that spence would approach crawford the same way he did ugas. he knew yordenis wasn't going to be moving his feet because he never does, so i guess they figured he can just break him down on the inside.

i used to favor spence pretty heavily against bud, now i see it as a dead even fight. i hope it gets made, and soon.

spence put in a workman like performance last night. if you fight crawford like that, you're getting picked apart. ugas basically let spence put his head on ugas' chest and beat the living fuck out of him from up close... which isn't something crawford is likely to allow.

i didn't like how spence missed with his left hooks, he threw himself completely out of balance several times. he also got hit cleanly more than he should have, especially with the mouth piece bullshit.

all that said, it seems unlikely that spence would approach crawford the same way he did ugas. he knew yordenis wasn't going to be moving his feet because he never does, so i guess they figured he can just break him down on the inside.

i used to favor spence pretty heavily against bud, now i see it as a dead even fight. i hope it gets made, and soon.
I gotta go with my gut which is slightly favoring Crawford now... which hurts as i have been an ardent spence suporter for years.
but he started too slow and the injuries ahve me worrying if that is going to be his new normal not just the ring rust. He got caught alot more than usual, now not taking that away from Ugas he is one of the best in game now. But Spence was also getting tagged because he was making mistakes that he didnt use to make in his pressure application.
i didnt mind the santified right hooks as it loks like its something he was working on but he doesnt have it down right now once it is down he could smash an eye socket worse than he does now(scary).

the thing is spence vs crawford is a classic pressure vs evasive fighter equation. Bud aint as technically skilled as many of the previous elusive guys and relies on his speed more than he should. so i am not worried about bud keeping spence off him. but if look to the porter fight porter came out like a bat out of hell and kept that intensity up which was kept that fight competitve if spence is lethargic like he was in the opening here and even worse making mistkakes its not gonna play out in his favor.

honestly i hope alot of tonight was ring rust and he is more like his old self
his old pressure would crumble a guy like bud

In hindsight it was good for Manny's Political Future to get retired by Ugas vs getting slept by Spence.

In hindsight it was good for Manny's Political Future to get retired by Ugas vs getting slept by Spence.
spence would have done everyone a favor, then.

but yeah, i agree. there is no way in hell manny doesn't end up faceplanting vs spence.

Does anyone know what happened with the Apochi vs Taylor fight? Mate had a bet on it and the bookies counting it as a loss but we can't seem to find the result anywhere.

Spence showed a fair bit more than I expected after the injury layoff/last few years of his career. I expected a more measured approach with more boxing (similar to the Danny performance). What he showed instead was elite stamina, workrate and in-fighting. I thought he'd win, but I wasn't expecting that aggression and overwhelming workrate.

No point saying much about a Crawford/Spence fight aside from expressing hope it happens next.

Back