Multiplatform Official Remnant 2 Discussion

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Rem 1.png

Reformed cultists, scrappers, hunters, and gunslingers, the time has come for dawgs to fight.

Rem 2.png

Developer: Gunfire Games (USA)
Publisher: Gearbox

Engine
: UE4
Genre: Third-person tactical shooter, ARPG, survival
Mode: SP, MP/Co-op

Fun fact: The random world generation of the sequel has been expanded to NPCs, mini-bosses, bosses, and even story arcs/plot twists, giving the game's ability to re-roll biomes even more dynamism and risk-reward difficulty.

Ultimate gameplay trailer in sizing title up – explains new armor system, classes, and more:

Smart price points: Vanilla pre-order is 50€, Deluxe 60€, and Ultimate 70€. Ultimate Edition includes all three Y1 expansions plus the armors, class unlock, and survivor mats pack of other editions.

Digging this boss concept too:

Rem 4.jpg

Enjoyed the first game and would be interested in playing this one as dwell.
This was one of those uncommon games where I near unlocked the Platinum through natural play without trophy-sniping; had a lot of fun in general and got 100s of hours out of it. Buddy of mine and I are pre-ordering tonight to support the property. Fully intend on platting again. Am eyeing Handler for starter class to tinker with buffs plus dog companion.

I need to play the first one. Was going through my PS plus games and noticed I had it in my library.

Reformed cultists, scrappers, hunters, and gunslingers, the time has come for dawgs to fight.

View attachment 990763

Developer: Gunfire Games (USA)
Publisher: Gearbox

Engine
: UE4
Genre: Third-person tactical shooter, ARPG, survival
Mode: SP, MP/Co-op

Fun fact: The random world generation of the sequel has been expanded to NPCs, mini-bosses, bosses, and even story arcs/plot twists, giving the game's ability to re-roll biomes even more dynamism and risk-reward difficulty.
in.gif

Enjoyed the first game a lot more than I thought I would.

That queen in the DLC was tough to take down but I am glad I finally did.

in.gif

Enjoyed the first game a lot more than I thought I would.

That queen in the DLC was tough to take down but I am glad I finally did.
Swamps of Corsus, yeah! She was a mean one. The whole package that was From the Ashes and DLCs was such a sleeper hit. You getting this, warrior? I just preordered.

Might actually get this, just watched a gameplay video looks pretty good. Nice to see a game which seemingly has loads of content not be £70.

I played the first one a few years ago but never really gave it a chance maybe only played an hour or 2.

I legitimately dont even know what Remnant was or if it was any good.

Really looking forward to this. Got the first one for free on Epic, and loved it so much bought the DLC to support the devs. Definitely a day 1 purchase on Xbox so I can play with my son now that he's getting into these types of games.

Haven't heard about the sequel, and I'm very surprised I haven't even heard about the original game.

*Single-player game & Co-op
*3rd person shooter
*Dark Soul elements
*Very replayable

Saw the 'Complete Edition' is optimized for the SeriesX and is only $18. Bought & currently downloading.

Haven't heard about the sequel, and I'm very surprised I haven't even heard about the original game.

*Single-player game & Co-op
*3rd person shooter
*Dark Soul elements
*Very replayable

Saw the 'Complete Edition' is optimized for the SeriesX and is only $18. Bought & currently downloading.
From the Ashes was a 2019 gem. Enjoy!

From the Ashes was a 2019 gem. Enjoy!

Played through the tutorial, and I'm intrigued.

Gameplay seems quite fluid and I bet I'm going to have alot of fun with it.

Two things though -
*It looks like a PS3 game that has been optimized for modern hardware. I've played four or five of these on SeriesX so I would know.
*I can already tell the story is going to be an afterthought for the overall experience. I'm not saying every game has to have deep lore with a great cast of characters and plot twists... but story is what ties a new world in the goals of the playable character.

Looking forward to playing more.

Edit - Just noticed one of the best reviewers on YouTube just uploaded a video about the 1st game. Will start watching now.

Two things though -
*It looks like a PS3 game that has been optimized for modern hardware. I've played four or five of these on SeriesX so I would know.
*I can already tell the story is going to be an afterthought for the overall experience. I'm not saying every game has to have deep lore with a great cast of characters and plot twists... but story is what ties a new world in the goals of the playable character.

Edit - Just noticed one of the best reviewers on YouTube just uploaded a video about the 1st game. Will start watching now.

Yea.. don't expect a great story or presentation. Heck even the little voice acting that exists is shitty

HOWEVER the core gameplay is a lot of fun. There are plenty of interesting things you can do with the arsenal.

Picked up the the ultimate edition on Xbox. Just started 2 weeks of vacation so I'll have it for the second week.

Looking forward to seeing improvements over the 1st one. Hope they improve some of the boss mechanics. I felt like too many of the bosses were swarm feats and constant adds were way harder to deal with than the actual boss.

*Edit*
Just looked at pre order stuff and see that the ultimate edition has early access so will actually get in on the 21st, so super stoked I'll have it the weekend before launch.

Last edited:

Two things though -

Video shows too much. Just play. We have a few guys that want to know everything about a game before playing it. Journey into the unknown and journey well. Would be interested to know your favorite weapon after settling in.

Video shows too much. Just play. We have a few guys that want to know everything about a game before playing it. Journey into the unknown and journey well. Would be interested to know your favorite weapon after settling in.

So far I still have the basic weapons for the gunslinger, but they're surprisingly effective.

That first boss was a motherfucker with those exploding kamikaze mushroom bastards constantly coming out of nowhere.

So far I still have the basic weapons for the gunslinger, but they're surprisingly effective.

That first boss was a motherfucker with those exploding kamikaze mushroom bastards constantly coming out of nowhere.

There is a submachine gun you can get in the basement of the bunker. Just takes a bit of snooping around, but you can get it at pretty much the beginning of the game.

S tier sidearm and uses handgun ammo. Can easily take you to endgame before you start experimenting with some of the later boss weapons.

Back