No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Just a quick question from a guy who has done ZERO reading and zero research on this game; does it have any kind of multiplayer support at all, or is this strictly a solo game?
It has an online mode similar to GTA.

You play it Greg?
I've toyed with it some but it's still in the Beta stage so I will probably jump back in once it moves to full release. I log into it every once in awhile as Rockstar routinely does money giveaways if you log in between certain times and shit.

Just a quick question from a guy who has done ZERO reading and zero research on this game; does it have any kind of multiplayer support at all, or is this strictly a solo game?
Yeah, there’s free roam, team death match, and free for all right now.

Since most PvP modes tend to be brief gunfights with a lot of sprinting around to find people, I think I'm going to rock Slow & Steady, Unblinking Eye, and To Fight Another Day to reduce damage when sprinting. Probably add Strange Medicine at 40.

I can't stand Name Your Weapon. How in the fuck does this tomahawk hit me? The slightest movement has my opponents dodging mine. Watch at a quarter speed to see it clearly. I assume it's lag but my internet should be great, either way it's unplayable for me, I wish I could just play Most Wanted and avoid this shit.

I got up to level 13 online but haven't played in a while. I'm going to hold out until they add more and work out the bugs.

I can't stand Name Your Weapon. How in the fuck does this tomahawk hit me? The slightest movement has my opponents dodging mine. Watch at a quarter speed to see it clearly. I assume it's lag but my internet should be great, either way it's unplayable for me, I wish I could just play Most Wanted and avoid this shit.

Tomahawks are the most frustrating weapon in the game, forget the varmint rifle. In order for me to get a kill with one it requires a melee shot or thrown from less than 5 feet away. Yet a player can throw one 3 feet to the right of me and BOOM, I'm dead

I'm only like a lvl 10, I think but i'll play. I don't even have a clue what you can do in a posse, but I figure it's gotta be something lol

It does nothing. It sucks not having invite only or free aim only sessions to get rid of these aimbot mongs who attack just to trigger players and get their rocks off. At least then you can hunt and fish in peace with friends/posse.

I've toyed with it some but it's still in the Beta stage so I will probably jump back in once it moves to full release. I log into it every once in awhile as Rockstar routinely does money giveaways if you log in between certain times and shit.

Lol at Rockstar calling this a beta. Its a beta in name only. They even added the ability to purchase gold bars now with real money. They only called it a beta to save their bacon if players call them out for their broke ass economy, bugs, lack of interesting things to do in free roam and lack of features like free aim and invite only lobbies. Then they can fall back on "it's a beta."

I think the game is a bit of an enigma. I can totally see why someone would give it a 10. I can also see why someone might give it a 6. I haven't finished the game but I definitely land somewhere in between.

Technically speaking I think it's the greatest game ever made. Graphics, music, sound, story telling, voice acting, attention to detail. It's all first class. Beyond that I think the game is a mixed bag to put it kindly.

The mission structure is basically the same it's been since GTAV except it feels even more scripted than ever before. Go here, stand there, do this. A for a game that's supposed to be about choices it offers very few.

The controls are a mess. I think that goes without saying at this point.

I think the biggest disappointment for me is the immersion. The RPG elements range from chore like to almost irrelevant. The world while vast just feels it's the same area and characters copied and pasted. The NPCs offer little in the way of actual interaction. I was hoping for the next level of open world immersion and what we got was a slightly bigger version of RDR with a few new bells and whistles. After playing Breath of the Wild nearly two years ago this game feels dated in a lot of ways.

It's a really good game and a great technical achievement but it's also a disappointment in a lot of ways.

I've played to Chapter 5 now and this is also almost my exact verdict on the game. Rockstar seems to get way too caught up in the technical side of the balance beam that they forget that video games should be fun. The missions on this game are fucking boring. There hasn't been one mission in this game thus far where i'm like "Wow I want to go back and play that again." In fact I sort of dread having to do the missions but am left with no choice to progress the game. The most fun i've had in this game was just riding around and getting into random encounters.

I've played to Chapter 5 now and this is also almost my exact verdict on the game. Rockstar seems to get way too caught up in the technical side of the balance beam that they forget that video games should be fun. The missions on this game are fucking boring. There hasn't been one mission in this game thus far where i'm like "Wow I want to go back and play that again." In fact I sort of dread having to do the missions but am left with no choice to progress the game. The most fun i've had in this game was just riding around and getting into random encounters.

I put the game down after completing, usually I contemplate replaying a great game. I just didnt with RDR2, am I ever gonna play it again? Nah. Arthur is pretty cool though. The random encounters are pretty dull after a while once the gleam goes away. There is a lot to do and yet nothing to do that gets me excited. I also felt pretty let down by the epilogue ending too.

Im playing BOTW now and I wish I played it before RDR2 instead of putting it off for after.

Its great in nearly all the technical aspects outside of the game and the fun. Every mission is the same in terms of structure with a few exciting moments. I dont understand all the praise the game got. I bet Rstar could release hot garbage and be praised for releasing the next TLOU.

This is one of the most boring games ever made. Why do you need to make such a big game that takes so long to play when you have nothing to fill it with? I've been a huge fan of open world games since their inception but this game has finally crossed the line into being too big and too boring. Rockstar jumped the shark.

Can anyone explain why I didn't easily get MVP in this match but the other person did?
PS-Messages-20181220-203831.jpg

They seriously need to start adding activities. I'm getting really fucking tired of getting fucking wagons or intercepting wagons

Lol at Rockstar calling this a beta. Its a beta in name only. They even added the ability to purchase gold bars now with real money. They only called it a beta to save their bacon if players call them out for their broke ass economy, bugs, lack of interesting things to do in free roam and lack of features like free aim and invite only lobbies. Then they can fall back on "it's a beta."

That’s fine with me as long as they plan on adding shit to it. I’ve been having fun online. The key is to have a big posse of course. That way, not too many people will fuck with you.

So far, not too many morons online griefing. I’m sure that won’t last long. Especially once they introduce the flying Pegasus that shoots dynamite out of its saddle bags.

Any dads out there -

My kid is 11 and he has an absolute ban on GTA.

He watched me play RDR2 and got RDR1 as an early present (I bought the PS3 to play Yakuza 4&5). I reset his RDR1 when he started robbing banks and stores and going psycho GTA. Told him the name of the game is Redemption.

I’m thinking about giving him some Westerns for Xmas to watch with me.

Magnificent 7?
Fistful of Dollars?
Maybe even Unforgiven?
Django would be cool in some scenes because... reasons... but probably not.

This is one of the most boring games ever made. Why do you need to make such a big game that takes so long to play when you have nothing to fill it with? I've been a huge fan of open world games since their inception but this game has finally crossed the line into being too big and too boring. Rockstar jumped the shark.

Yeah I agree, I mean, the Wire and the Sopranos were these big boring worlds of 200 hours of people talking and doing shit and you had to pay $180 bucks to watch that. Give me 6 hours of Call of Duty single player for $60.

I put the game down after completing, usually I contemplate replaying a great game. I just didnt with RDR2, am I ever gonna play it again? Nah. Arthur is pretty cool though. The random encounters are pretty dull after a while once the gleam goes away. There is a lot to do and yet nothing to do that gets me excited. I also felt pretty let down by the epilogue ending too.

Im playing BOTW now and I wish I played it before RDR2 instead of putting it off for after.

Its great in nearly all the technical aspects outside of the game and the fun. Every mission is the same in terms of structure with a few exciting moments. I dont understand all the praise the game got. I bet Rstar could release hot garbage and be praised for releasing the next TLOU.

And my kid cried for the first time in his life at a film or game while watching Arthur’s story. And he’s watched some weird games I’ve played and the films I’ve got...

My nephew is getting Midnight Club on PS3 for Xmas because he loves tuning cars in GTA V with his spec op dad who is getting an AKM mag.

Rockstar sure releases some shit games.

Cynical smark dudes.

Back