Media Benoit Saint-Denis: "I fought more against my infection / weight than against Dustin Poirier"

if you choose to fight with staph or a torn up knee or this or that you forfeit the right to make excuses imo. If its that bad pull out but you didnt cause you know the opportunity probably never comes again to fight Dustin. So you took it and you lost, accept it and move on.

He fought more against his tendency to square up and run forward flailing.

how can fighters progress if they just give an excuse for every loss like its not their fault.
.......but deep down he knows he got the shit kicked out of him fair and square.

I was a big fan of this dude, but the way he's handled this loss has soured me on him a lot.

Like, how can your nickname be "The God of War" and then you come out whining with all these lame excuses?

ta92vSE.png
Luke Rockhold catching strays!

BSD just needs to stfu and regroup. All the injury talk just takes attention away from growth. Nobody is 100% on fight night

Some people are, some people are literally at the peak of performance. You can’t claim no one is at full health on fight night.

Still a fan of the guy. And what he head to deal with probably zapped his gas tank quicker. That said ever since his debut in the UFC and still to this day I am very uncertain about the prospects of this guy. His striking is very reckless but it works for him because he pressures the fuck out of fighters. But it's a risky ass game.

Every fighter goes into a fight injured, sick, etc. instead of complaining Saint-Denis needs to rewatch the bout and work on the problems that caused him to lose.

Seems like a way to get your name out there now as a ufc fighter is make over the top claim that you can beat anybody. If that fails just throw out some medical excuses or blame the ref.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back