PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it begs the question what developers are going to bother taking advantage of that hardware to really push beyond anything we've ever seen.

I don't think it's meant to let devs push things even harder. I think it's meant to allow higher FPS in games and more RT. A lot of games already have RT but it's held back on consoles as opposed to PC which has all the RT options. Cyberpunk and Control come to mind.

Sony now having an internal investigation into the leaked PS5 Pro docs

Digital Foundry have got a video up discussing the PS5 Pro detail leaks

Digital Foundry have got a video up discussing the PS5 Pro detail leaks

Thanks. To add to the fun:

Digital Foundry has “verified” the PS5 Pro specs

Sonys’s new console is said to be 33.5 teraflops, more than 3x the base PS5 (which is 10.23 TF)

😂"Sony is eating Microsoft 's lunch!" -Digital Foundry

🗣️"PlayStation came in to the table with Machine Learning Upscaling sooner, despite Xbox promises"

PS5 Pro has CUSTOM ML architecture hardware & software (PSSR)

Sony's own technology, not AMD

Sony’s DLSS equivalent planned for ‘PlayStation 5 Pro’ is reportedly capable of upscaling 1080p games to 4K, and can be backwards compatible with existing PS5 games via patches.

Thanks. To add to the fun:

Digital Foundry has “verified” the PS5 Pro specs

Sonys’s new console is said to be 33.5 teraflops, more than 3x the base PS5 (which is 10.23 TF)

😂"Sony is eating Microsoft 's lunch!" -Digital Foundry

🗣️"PlayStation came in to the table with Machine Learning Upscaling sooner, despite Xbox promises"

PS5 Pro has CUSTOM ML architecture hardware & software (PSSR)

Sony's own technology, not AMD

Sony’s DLSS equivalent planned for ‘PlayStation 5 Pro’ is reportedly capable of upscaling 1080p games to 4K, and can be backwards compatible with existing PS5 games via patches.

Welp, looks like I’m in the buy category now. This thing sounds like a beast.

Welp, looks like I’m in the buy category now. This thing sounds like a beast.
I’m hoping they confirm upgrades on certain games. I’m avoiding dragons dogma 2 until I know it can hit 60 fps and I’m going to wait on doing hard mode in FF Rebirth because performance mode is so blurry and graphics mode gives me a headache

I’m hoping they confirm upgrades on certain games. I’m avoiding dragons dogma 2 until I know it can hit 60 fps and I’m going to wait on doing hard mode in FF Rebirth because performance mode is so blurry and graphics mode gives me a headache

Apparently DD2 is a very CPU heavy game so I wouldn't expect much improvement from the PS5 pro.

Well in all fairness Sony basically set the PSVR2 up to fail. They did fuck all for marketing and after its initial launch they’ve done fuck all for first party development. Christ knows why but they gave it less support than the PS3’s Move.

Marketing wouldn't have saved PSVR2 IMO.

The best marketing they did was showcase it with Gran Turismo 7, a PS5 game that only needed a free update to play on the VR2. With just a bit more than a year under its belt the PSVR2 has a decent list of games.

The problem is the price and the fact that it's VR. VR gaming hasn't caught on yet. The mass of gamers are not going to pay $550+ for a VR headset. I am certainly not shy about spending my money for gaming (all in on the PS5 Pro) and even I don't want the PSVR2. I don't enjoy VR gaming based on my limited experience (bulky and I can get headaches) and I am not seeing the allure behind it as of now. As a fan of horror games I should love VR gaming but its not there yet for me.

Now if I am not willing to invest in PSVR2 then is the average gamer going to want it for that price point? nope... It's not affordable yet for the average gamer.

Theres a software Beta in the US where you can customize the Explore tab only with Wallpapers, widgets, Friends activities

Huge. Finally. Going to be beautiful.

Huge. Finally. Going to be beautiful.

This could be a US only thing, pretty sure they are the only ones with the Explore tab since launch unless this will end up with the full rollout with it.

So EU/Rest of the World may get it or may never get is

Yet another Soulslike coming this year. Weird it looks like the Xbox version was cancelled.

Yet another Soulslike coming this year. Weird it looks like the Xbox version was cancelled.

This came out of nowhere. I like it. Thanks and noted.

Developers for Enotria ^ had this to say on cancelling any version for Xbox:

“With regard to the Xbox version, we decided to cancel it in order to ensure an excellent experience for PlayStation 5 and PC players”

Sony creating jobs and helping facilitate play for their South American playerbase:

Sony has set up a production line in Brazil to make physical PS5 discs for Latin America

Interim CEO announced:

Say hello to PlayStation’s new interim CEO as of April 1, 2024

Hiroki Totoki, Sony Group president, COO and CFO

Sony is conducting a search for Ryan’s successor, who will take the role of CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back