Official Far Cry 6 Discussion

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
IMG_20200710_132154.jpg

Out in February...free next gen upgrade.

IMG_20200710_132838.png

EcwOkflXoAUFGDs

EcwOlaVWoAg7BfZ

EcwOmY9WoAY_fMB

EcwOm_PXgAMbnjI

Last edited:
In other words, they aren't taking their time with it, and it'll just be a re-skinned FC5.

I mean, it's not a terrible formula or anything, but god damn this franchise needs to take a step back for bit and come back with something fresh.

Gus Fring’s daughter looking pretty ugly there.
Daughter? Thought it a son without afterthought; saw that somewhere to my recollection. Charged topic, I'm aware, but I say as much without subtext. Big picture, I can't say no to FC so I hope this outing moves the franchise forward. Ubi also needs a W here given recent record, to note, but with a due date of winter-spring 2021 I'm hoping this isn't a reskin and there's been time for Montréal(?) to innovate.

In other words, they aren't taking their time with it, and it'll just be a re-skinned FC5.

I mean, it's not a terrible formula or anything, but god damn this franchise needs to take a step back for bit and come back with something fresh.

I think Ubisoft has shown with their Origins / Odyssey model that it can be very profitable.

Just make a game, then stagger development of its “sequel” which consists of just superficial changes and voila.......2 games with each being released one year later, 2 DLCs etc etc

Awesome to see the rumour about Giancarlo Esposito being in it is true. The description is depressing though, as it sounds like it'll just be a clone of 3,4 and 5, which is why 4 and 5 never held my interest.

I think Ubisoft has shown with their Origins / Odyssey model that it can be very profitable.

Just make a game, then stagger development of its “sequel” which consists of just superficial changes and voila.......2 games with each being released one year later, 2 DLCs etc etc
I don't disagree but don't in one stroke also discredit the leap forward that was Origins for the franchise. That was refreshing as hell for what had become pretty stale. Ubi is very hot/cold like that, which is I why I reckon so many of us even if once or thrice burned, still have a buried hint of optimism that title x or project y of theirs could be a home-run. To take with you though and for the love of all that is gamer holy, never preorder from them. Ever.

Awesome to see the rumour about Giancarlo Esposito being in it is true. The description is depressing though, as it sounds like it'll just be a clone of 3,4 and 5, which is why 4 and 5 never held my interest.
That’s what I was thinking sounds like Far Cry 3 mixed with the Far Cry 4 story. Still a day one purchase for me though

Far Cry 5 was the first Far Cry game I ever really played. I played the first one via networked laptops a bit with my sqaud when I was in the army, but that doesn't really count. After 5 I played New Dawn which was basically an expansion pack of 5. I picked up 3 and 4 during a Ubisoft sale and they both felt really dated and I couldn't get into them.

Everyone says 3 was the best, but liked 5. I also had Blood Dragon and Far Cry 2 as a couple of Freebie games from Xbox games with gold, but I only put about an hour or so into each of them and can't really offer an opinion on them. The 80's vibe in Blood Dragon is cool though.

Last edited:
Daughter? Thought it a son without afterthought; saw that somewhere to my recollection. Charged topic, I'm aware, but I say as much without subtext. Big picture, I can't say no to FC so I hope this outing moves the franchise forward. Ubi also needs a W here given recent record, to note, but with a due date of winter-spring 2021 I'm hoping this isn't a reskin and there's been time for Montréal(?) to innovate.

I think he's supposed to be a young Vaas.
EckzRPZWoAIb6Sb

Back