Official Classical Music Thread v.1: Lutz Kirchhof is God

This was embarrassing.

What a fucking goof сука. I was just waiting for him to tell him he is also a vegan crossfitter. It is quite disconcerting when some people talk to elders as if they were babies.

The oboist here has the look of a GOAT. He handles that long, hard, pipe like a true master of blowing wad

That cembalo is quite neat as well. You can tell that it's a neat instrument because of the way it is.

Blew my wad at this piano version of the GOAT's partita in D minor for solo violin. That Steinway blows that tomato can fiddle out of the water. Lisitsa is doing a very emotional Busoniesque version of this piece which is fine for a chaconne. If a GOAT fugue was played like this I would withhold my wad though.

Not too crazy about the lute being used in an orchestral setting--it's not powerful enough to hang, sonically--but this is a really nice composition.

Nice thread.

Josef Hassid (Dec. 28/1923 - 1950) - Achron - Hebrew Melody Op.33
Composer: Joseph Archron (1886 - 1943)
Gerald Moore (piano)
Recording Date 11/29/1940

Now the same piece played on the Theremin by Clara Rockmore at a private dinner with Robert Moog. Music starts at 5:15

Blew my wad at this piano version of the GOAT's partita in D minor for solo violin. That Steinway blows that tomato can fiddle out of the water. Lisitsa is doing a very emotional Busoniesque version of this piece which is fine for a chaconne. If a GOAT fugue was played like this I would withhold my wad though.

Was actually playing a little Bach-Busoni on my electric piano today. BWV 998, to be exact.

Fuck yea, I love me some adagio on the weekend!

Great work from Elgar, and excellent performance by Sol here.
Sospiri = the Italian word for "Sighs".

Check out this old vihuela from the late 17th century. Still sounds great. It's a cool little instrument: looks like a guitar but it is actually more like a lute. Check out Lislevand's right-hand, you'll see he even plays it like a lute where the hand is almost parallel to the strings and the thumb often dips down lower than the index finger, kind of like the thumb and index are two sides of a single plectrum.

me when i listen to the music itt

Commute7.gif

Chiptune contrapuncti are oddly satisfying. GOAT fugues composer.

This is a really nice piece played on vihuela by a hot Polish chick.

A GOATly rendition of a Beethoven classic. Whether Walter or Wendy Carlos at this point, I'm a fan of he/she.

Give this a listen. After that subdued, peaceful intro you're going to blow your wad around 1:21.

Not sure what I think of that rendition, but I did see my local symphony perform Pictures at an Exhibition a few months back, and it was glorious.

Back