Movies Obscurish good movies

Night of the Living Dead (1990)

No, this is not George Romero's iconic black-and-white zombie movie, but an "updated" reimagining of the story, written by Romero and directed by makeup effects wizard Tom Savini.

Some people have said this color version was unnecessary, that it doesn't achieve anything different from the original. But I disagree. I actually like it, largely because of the performances of Tony Todd and Patricia Tallman as two of the survivors. and there are some changes to the plot that might surprise you.

Full movie on Youtube:

I've read a lot of the criticism from critics from when it came out and wonder if they even watched the fucking movie. That criticism makes no sense really they made some pretty major changes to the story that made it way better including flipping the entire ending around in a way that to me is one of the best twists ever applied to a remake. But the way they pulled the changes off was done in a way that really honored and respected the original movie. To me this is one of the all time great movie remakes ever done, handled with class and respect to the original, but definitely a big upgrade over the original film. That awesome creepy ass tune that plays over the final credits bumps into 5 stars film. One of my favorite horror movies bar none.

Last edited:
Good thread by the way, it's giving me a list.

These two are foreign films, not obscure overseas but some here may not have seen them (sorry for the image size)

Not sure if I mentioned this one in this thread or another, but it is a great film (in my opinion, no action by the way)
jagten-690x1024.jpg

I also enjoyed this (low budget film that builds tension and anxiety very well)

8z2avGSJmoFdKNYaktA7QWe7m2C.jpg
The Hunt is excellent. I don’t watch a lot of foreign films but I’m glad I picked up on that one.

American Ninja
American Ninja 2
The King of the Kickboxers
The Perfect Weapon
Street Knight

Last edited:
Threads (1984)

This British film is a cold, clinical portrayal of the lead up to a nuclear attack on a civilian population, and the terrible aftermath. The lack of a musical score gives it a documentary feel. Some consider it more of a horror movie than a disaster movie. A kind of nightmare. Utterly bleak, with no levity or sentiment.

Full movie on Youtube:

I watched this a while back based on sherbro reviews.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

- Desperate Measures
Keaton was awesome

desperatemeasures.jpg

Ablaze
With Michael Dudikoff
The Silencer also with the Dudster

Warriors of virtue

Treasure Planet

American Ninja
American Ninja 2

The Perfect Weapon
Rapid Fire
Street Knight

- The first four American Ninjas are great movies. I also loved American Samuray with Bradley and Dacascos.
My fear is that someday someone like Tarantino, decides do do a American Ninja movie, and ruins such a great series.

These don’t get enough love given those involved:

zotmhlfdg2gtcdhp8a4v.jpg

I remember seeing A Perfect World as a kid back when it came out and I cried like a baby at the end. I guess it's the movie that made me into a Costner fan since it was my first film of his. I watched it again years later and the ending was still brutal, but the kid was terrible. Costner is rock solid though

Salute of the jugger a.k.a. blood of the heroes

Salute of the jugger a.k.a. blood of the heroes

that is a very good reason for why this thread exists

had to stop watching the trailer cos it give way everything

Back