NYSAC denies Holly Holm’s appeal of UFC 208 loss

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
The New York State Athletic Commission has denied Holly Holm’s appeal of her controversial loss to de Randamie earlier this month in Brooklyn, N.Y, MMAFighting.com confirmed.

“After a review of the video footage of the bout, the New York State Athletic Commission determined that there was no clear error or violation of statute or rule by Referee Todd Anderson,” an NYSAC official told MMAFighting.com. “Therefore, the scoring and outcome of the bout will not be modified.”

Holm, who lost a controversial unanimous decision to de Randamie in the UFC’s inaugural women’s featherweight title fight on Feb. 11, officially filled a complaint against referee Todd Anderson and an appeal of the result days after the loss.

The former boxing champion asked the New York State Athletic Commission to review Anderson’s “failure to deduct one or more points from Germaine de Randamie following her repeated strikes thrown after the horn sounded to end Rounds 2 and 3,” the complaint stated.

Anderson failed to separate Holm and de Randamie in a timely manner after the horn sounded in both the second and third rounds in the UFC 208 main event, leading to de Randamie landing three punches (two after the second and one after the third) after the rounds’ conclusion. The punches landed after the second round, in particularly, seemed to have hurt Holm.

“We respect their decision and will not seek anything further, except a rematch from Germaine,” Holm’s agent Lenny Fresquez told MMAFighting.com.

Following her victory, de Randamie has repeatedly said she would like to grant Holm an immediate rematch, however, the UFC has yet to officially decide what they’ll do next. It is also still unclear how long de Randamie’s injured hand will keep her sidelined.

Holm, who said on Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour that she didn’t expect the commission would overturn the result, would also like to fight de Randamie again.

“I’m not trying to be like a wuss about it and whine,” Holm said. “That’s definitely not what I’m trying to do. I think that’s a hard spot for me. A lot of people keep saying, well, she hit you after the bell, how do you feel? Well, I’m a fighter. I’m not going to sit here and whine about it and complain. There’s a lot of things I could have done.

“At least own it. She knows she did it on purpose and one of them definitely rocked me.”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/28/14766046/nysac-denies-holly-holms-appeal-of-ufc-208-loss

The ref is a msssive retard and the commisions ar eknown to not admitting to their fuckups and incapabilites. Someone put the ref in Shane Carwin and let's see how he likes refs who don't do their job he'd deserve the brain damage

Whoever thought this was ever going to be overturned is an idiot.

Much more deserving fights to be overturned than this one.

"I'm not gonna sit and whine after a loss..."

.... Oh wait.

If there's a rematch, it should be on fight pass or fight night.
Honestly, I do not want to see a rematch.

Rematch so Holly can set a record of straight losses to title shots <{JustBleed}>

he'd deserve the brain damage
For being human?

Or have you never fucked up once in your life?

The ref fucked up. They shouldn't invalidate the fight as a result, and the ref does not deserve brain damage for it.

That ref from the other WMMA that made the rounds recently, though...yeah, that ref might deserve some bodily harm for letting that woman almost die in that choke.

Did anyone honestly expect them not to deny it?

Johny Bones hasnt overturned his shitty DQ, this is going to stand.

For being human?

Or have you never fucked up once in your life?

The ref fucked up. They shouldn't invalidate the fight as a result, and the ref does not deserve brain damage for it.

That ref from the other WMMA that made the rounds recently, though...yeah, that ref might deserve some bodily harm for letting that woman almost die in that choke.

He fucked up TWICE. He had a seocnd chance to deduct a point and undo his wrongdoing somehow and he didnt he's a fuckup. You can fuckup as much as you like in your personal life but not when the health and even lfie of another person is at stake. if you are a fuckup then you are not suited to be a referee. He's a fuckup and shouldn't ref fight or at least not any high level fights for a while.

Yes the result should be changed.

You dont think 2 BATANT late shots one of which seriously rocked a fighter don't warrant a point deduction? if that doesn't warrant a deduction than nothing does and if the ref had deducted a single point then the fight would have been a draw let alone if he had deducted 2 points. His fuckup directly changed the result of the fight

Rightly so. Holly is being a sore loser, those late punches were accidental

He fucked up TWICE
Oh, well, excuse me. A human being making a mistake? Unheard of!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the ref deserves criticism. No, they don't deserve brain damage.

No doubt those were intentional blows. She just couldn't help herself.

Oh, well, excuse me. A human being making a mistake? Unheard of!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the ref deserves criticism. No, they don't deserve brain damage.

He doesn't just deserve criticism he deserves consequences aka no more high level fights or even pro fights until eh has proven himself and he should have to explain himself.

Yes fucking up in some situations is something you ar enot allowed to do like when the health and LIFE of another person is at stake. If you can't do it and don't have a job where it's required.
Those poor cops who shot unarmed people just fucked up it's human right? The refs in boxing who in some cases got fighters killed just fucked up it's human no?

If you want a job like that you are not allowed to fuckup without any consequences simple as that. if you cant do it boohoo look for another job

i just thing gdr should get penalised for late shots after the bell.

b1f.gif

Rightly so. Holly is being a sore loser, those late punches were accidental
Even if you remove the punches not like shes gonna win anyways. She fucking held Germaine on the cage most of the fight hoping for a decision. Glad the judges didnt expect that bs.

Back