NYC Police can now wear Turbans

I've been to 10-11 states and I've not seen any cops wearing funny hats. I also live in a very diverse part of U.S.

A police officer is supposed to represent everyone and they should have a standard, accepted look that commands respect. If I saw that guy wave me over, I'd think he was just some Indian dude wanting a ride. lol
LOL
I meant outside the country, but you knew that

The only truly appropriate uniforms for urban police.

judge-dredd-karl-urban-chin-look.jpg

7cde2a9dbfc7c0383416138394c642e0.jpg
114155a8be13e3e9fc87bd8674570f88.jpg
attachment.php

I wonder if they wear helmets in combat? I remember reading either a Frenchh or British ww2 general calling the Sikhs crazy because they'd go into battle without a helmet.
My understanding is that while on field exercises now they switch to the smaller wrap that fits under the helmet. Today's helmets are much better than the ones from WW2 which did very little to protect against any high caliber firearm. There was little chance of it stopping say a Lee-Enfield #4 .303 which was one of the most common British Firearms

Cool with turbans for sikhs, not anyone else.

Beards should also be allowed

I've been to 10-11 states and I've not seen any cops wearing funny hats. I also live in a very diverse part of U.S.

A police officer is supposed to represent everyone and they should have a standard, accepted look that commands respect. If I saw that guy wave me over, I'd think he was just some Indian dude wanting a ride. lol
Another well traveled American.

LOL
I meant outside the country, but you knew that

No I didn't know you meant that since it wouldn't be relevant to discussion. We have women in Africa wearing boobies out and men wearing some banana looking thing on their junk instead of underwear, but that doesn't mean this should be done here. What kind of argument is that?

Another well traveled American.

I've been to more countries (and actually lived there) than you ever will, which is why I'm not interested in bringing their cultural traditions into our public institutions.

I suppose they should let the "redneck", as people like to slur white people with, wear trucker hats

This rule is for Sikh Police Officers, who's religion says it's absolutely mandatory to wear them.

I don't think there are many religions which have as strict rules. Most of the clothing rules you see in Islam are regional/cultural and wouldn't apply to a New Yorker unless they're doing it voluntarily. The one exception I can think of is Rastafarianism, and google images confirms there are already NYPD officers with dreads.
Good stuff. It's all very reasonable and should be allowed. I always worry that some jackass will ruin reasonable rules for everyone by taking something way too far. I am glad we can have a little context.

No thanks. What happens when everyone else gets bratty about their religious symbols. What happens when the cross wielding church go-er slays a road raging muslim? What happens when your hijab wearing muslim shoots some inbred redneck with a cross mowed on his garden lawn.

Keep the police clean from any perceived bias', we've already seen how much damage skin colour alone can have on the way they report on police.

Commanding dat respek

policefat.png

Fat-Cop-Fat_500x500.jpg

NY's%20Fattest.jpg

I've been to more countries (and actually lived there) than you ever will, which is why I'm not interested in bringing their cultural traditions into our public institutions.
And how do you know that? That's quite the assumption. You don't have to get defensive. Overpressure said try traveling and your response was to say you have been to 10-11 states. I'm not even American and I've been to more states than that. So I took a harmless jab for shits and giggles at a common American stereotype.

I suppose they should let the "redneck", as people like to slur white people with, wear trucker hats
A lot of forces already have the baseball hat. Are you just suggesting they put dirt on it?

A lot of forces already have the baseball hat. Are you just suggesting they put dirt on it?

I get that you are using whatever you can to justify this, and for some reason are pretending that I didn't know that people have baseball hats, but the regular patrolman in the NYPD does not.

Should the Jew get a yarmulke

Can the wanna be skater types get a flat bill baseball hat?

SIdeways?

Its a fucking uniform and you signed up for their uniform

Cool with turbans for sikhs, not anyone else.

Beards should also be allowed

No.
Commanding dat respek

policefat.png

Fat-Cop-Fat_500x500.jpg

NY's%20Fattest.jpg

Nobody is advocating for fat cops. It's despicable, IMO. I think they should pass a very stringent physical test every year to make sure these kind of fat fucks can't let themselves go like this. Say.....1 mile run under 7 minutes(pretty easy), 40 push ups/min, and at least 10 pull ups.

I get that you are using whatever you can to justify this, and for some reason are pretending that I didn't know that people have baseball hats, but the regular patrolman in the NYPD does not.

Should the Jew get a yarmulke

Can the wanna be skater types get a flat bill baseball hat?

SIdeways?

Its a fucking uniform and you signed up for their uniform
And? Uniforms change... it's not like they are the constitution.

1903police.jpg

And its always taken into account different uniforms for men and women so having a slightly altered uniform for a Sikh can't really be that big a deal for you.

As for the baseball cap for skaters? is there some rule that says they have to bend the brim by a certain degree of angularity?

Right here you a number of different uniforms in one picture.

171419-new-york-style-police-unform-december-2012.jpg

This rule is for Sikh Police Officers, who's religion says it's absolutely mandatory to wear them.

I don't think there are many religions which have as strict rules. Most of the clothing rules you see in Islam are regional/cultural and wouldn't apply to a New Yorker unless they're doing it voluntarily. The one exception I can think of is Rastafarianism, and google images confirms there are already NYPD officers with dreads.

Strict muslim men need to wear a beard and women need some form of head covering.

Since Sikhs are pretty chill I could support that, but it opens up a precedent.
It's not very serious because devout muslims usually don't serve in the police or military of the kafir. Like, there are more british muslims in ISIS than in the british military.

And? Uniforms change... it's not like they are the constitution.

1903police.jpg

And its always taken into account different uniforms for men and women so having a slightly altered uniform for a Sikh can't really be that big a deal for you.

As for the baseball cap for skaters? is there some rule that says they have to bend the brim by a certain degree of angularity?

Right here you a number of different uniforms in one picture.

171419-new-york-style-police-unform-december-2012.jpg
Jesus man the gymnastics you will go thru

What is the meaning of uniform, what is there purpose...this has nothing to do with them changing
Unless you want everyone on the NYPD to wear a turban

Way to show a pic of some other city and even then note how the ones in baseball caps aren't kitted up for regular patrol.

Yeah, just because you never saw that doesn't mean you stay at home or live in rural Appalachia. It's just typical leftist bullshit.
I've lived in Brazil, we have all kinds of races and religions here. Blacks, whites, asians, natives, christians, traditional african religions, native religions, buddhists...but I never saw an australian aboriginal or a pygmy in real life. Damn, I need to go out more!

Back