NSAC definition of a "grounded fighter"

LOL Beat me to it.

That video was ended so many arguments on this topic.

It also shows that the fighters are briefed explicitly on the rule.
This is the standard at every event, so while I understand that the rules are variable, I do push back on the fans who think the fighters are just as confused as we are. You have to actually get licensed to fight in a state, so you gotta know the rules, and they also specifically have this at every event reminding you of the rules.

Also, lol at the irony of a promotion called Unified MMA in the area making it so the guy explaining they don't use the "Unified Rules" has several big "UNIFIED" displays behind him

Who cares. Roman continued, and imavov still won.

When Imavov kicked him in the head, Dolidze had his fingers on the ground but most importantly his hand was not flat, therefore he was not a grounded opponent. Herb Dean screwed up.
Can't really blame Herb when he is making a split second call and not watching slo-mo replays. That is what places the blame ENTIRELY at the feet of the commissions shuffling the deck on rules. Fighters don't know if they are or are not safe when touching the ground, opponents don't know if they can kick/knee? Is their hand bearing enough weight? Fingertips? Can I pull them up?

All of this causes more danger rather than less for the fighters.

That doesn't matter, that's not the rule in Toronto. Finger down is down

By the Toronto rules they were illegal, but we all know those were legit shots. Hopefully a sweeping change happens this year because a lot of fights are being more or less ruined by the continued misinterpretations and mistakes regarding the rule, as well as fighters still trying the "Nanana, my finger is in the floor you can't hit me!" technique.
Grounded should mean both knees or ass grounded and you should be able to blast them with a kick or knee there regardless.

That fight was in Ontario. In Ontario, they're still using the old definition of "grounded." Any part of the body but the feet touching is "grounded."

Well hold on. Intent matters in a lot of these rules. Hitting the back of the head isn't always a point if the opponent is turning his head, for example. He threw those while lifting, so he intended to hit a legal opponent. Sorry I don't know the specific rules here in ontario

Back