NSAC definition of a "grounded fighter"

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
There's so much confusion here, every state seems to have different rules. But Nevada has explicitly explained their rules before and this can be applied to Imavov v Dolidze

“After the show, I did speak to the Nevada State Athletic Commission and an official there told me that it is one hand, so [Shevchenko] is correct about that,” he continued. “The hand has to be flat on the mat or ‘weight bearing.’ And they also told me that between rounds they actually checked the replay, they said the yellow light was on and they were checking it.

“They checked it multiple times and they determined that all of the knees hit legally because the hand wasn’t flat, and / or weight bearing, and / or at times even on the mat when the knees were landing. So their determination was that those were not illegal knees.”

When Imavov kicked him in the head, Dolidze had his fingers on the ground but most importantly his hand was not flat, therefore he was not a grounded opponent. Herb Dean screwed up.

When Imavov kicked him in the head, Dolidze had his fingers on the ground but most importantly his hand was not flat, therefore he was not a grounded opponent. Herb Dean screwed up.

“The hand has to be flat on the mat or ‘weight bearing.’

Ref determines if fingers weight-bearing apparently.

<EdgyBrah>

Exact wording is "an opponent shall be deemed to be a 'grounded opponent' if at least one of the opponent’s hands is weight-bearing on the floor, including, but not limited to, the palm, fingers, or fist, or if one or more of the opponent’s body parts, other than a hand or sole of a foot, is touching the floor

Don't think the palm is a requirement, it's just, is it bearing weight? Which is a ridiculous distinction to be made in a split second

Really stupid rule.

8q1yyYHqay-2.png

It feels like that since they've been trying to crack down on the "hands down" rule that even more fouls have been made in confusion with these new "fixes".

Do the ONE FC thing where refs will yell if it's legal or not so fighters aren't guessing.

These incompetent refs would never be able to carry that responsibility sir.

“The hand has to be flat on the mat or ‘weight bearing.’

Ref determines if fingers weight-bearing apparently.

<EdgyBrah>
Cant let that in the hands of inept refs.

PS: That kick seems to fall right into NSAC rules...legal, Herb fucked it, as per the usual.

Last edited:
There's so much confusion here, every state seems to have different rules. But Nevada has explicitly explained their rules before and this can be applied to Imavov v Dolidze

“After the show, I did speak to the Nevada State Athletic Commission and an official there told me that it is one hand, so [Shevchenko] is correct about that,” he continued. “The hand has to be flat on the mat or ‘weight bearing.’ And they also told me that between rounds they actually checked the replay, they said the yellow light was on and they were checking it.

“They checked it multiple times and they determined that all of the knees hit legally because the hand wasn’t flat, and / or weight bearing, and / or at times even on the mat when the knees were landing. So their determination was that those were not illegal knees.”

yes allens knees to evloev were legal too

Helwani sums it up perfectly. Such a weird rule, in that position both fighters are gambling on the ref's interpretation of a very subjective rule. The "grounded" fighter put himself at risk of being KO, and the "kicking" fighter puts himself at risk of being DQ or lose a point.

Back