now that holm isnt the champion its the perfect time to make Holm vs Cyborg

What are you talking about, watching Rousey get KTFO again by Holm is my raison d'être. All the more reason to make that fight if she can't beat Holm!

It would be a stupid business decision to give up Rousey Holm at this point. You have to exhaust all available resources before you move on from Rousey. The casual mainstream interest in her vs. everybody else in WMMA is not remotely comparable. Also, Holm is on a 2 fight skid, even though she's far more credentialed than Cyborg's typical opponents, she still needs to get something in the win column before fighting the female FW GOAT.
I said I want cyborg vs Rousey which will be bigger than the Holm rematch.

I said I want cyborg vs Rousey which will be bigger than the Holm rematch.

Yeah but Rousey didn't even want to fight Cyborg when she was at the top and full of confidence. What makes you think she'll fight Cyborg now more than Holm? She wants 2 things: her BW belt and redemption against Holm. Cyborg offers neither.

Yeah but Rousey didn't even want to fight Cyborg when she was at the top and full of confidence. What makes you think she'll fight Cyborg now more than Holm? She wants 2 things: her BW belt and redemption against Holm. Cyborg offers neither.
Yeah she more than likely would rather fight Holm, I was just saying what I want to see, haha.

Would love to see Cyborg further expose her striking
It's one thing to get exposed by a multiple time world muay thai champion, that doesn't mean you get exposed by a steroid abusing brute. I can't see Cyborg outclassing her as much as I see her landing a big shot and KO'ing her.

If Holm gets destroyed by Cyborg you kill virtually all potential interest for a Holm Rousey rematch. Why would you want to do that?

I don't think we will ever see that personally.

Holm is on a skid, career wise it would be the wrong time to take that fight, she'd have lost 3 in a row. Maybe after she gets a few wins strung together this fight would be interesting.

She's a top 3 though... One time hits drop off...
Hmm, she got her title shot off two boring ass decisions then knocked out Ronda. Went back to point fighting miesha and got put to sleep. Tried point fighting a better striker and got outclassed. She is basically just lucky Ronda has Edmond as a coach.

By the way she is dropping off.

Holly will be channeling condit all day in that fight.

For all the negative-hype and hate and everything sherdog throws at Ronda...

It was holly holm that said she'd love to fight cyborg at a catchweight. At the time sherdog said "what a true warrior" "she's not a coward like Ronda"

When she came out later and said it would only be at 135...it was total crickets.

Back